Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

Maybe this will be a surprise (?) just like the KitKat OS name. One can hope :)

-Luis

To crush your hopes...

We've now received independent confirmation from a credible source that there will be no news, Android or otherwise, at this event. Sorry, everyone - continue your Nexus reveal date conspiracy theorizing as normal.

- Android Police

Maybe this will be a surprise (?) just like the KitKat OS name. One can hope :)

-Luis

Can you imagine if throughout the whole event it was just focused on the improvements of the Play Store and near the end....the keynote speaker says..."but wait there is just ...one more thing" and then shows the Device section of the Play store that shows the Nexus 5 and Nexus 10 available for purchase.  Boy that would be like stealing a page from the Apple playbook.

Can you imagine if throughout the whole event it was just focused on the improvements of the Play Store and near the end....the keynote speaker says..."but wait there is just ...one more thing" and then shows the Device section of the Play store that shows the Nexus 5 and Nexus 10 available for purchase.  Boy that would be like stealing a page from the Apple playbook.

Apple might take them to court for using their method to reveal new devices. No body wants that.

I'm guessing Google called all the major tech sites and reminded them that they are under an NDA because they have review units on hand already. Plus everything about the device has basically been leaked already except a. the actual release date and b. what channels the N5 will be sold through.

I bet the rumormill begins churning again right after the Apple event.

I hope so I need to know whether to order the G2 from Best Buy or not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Google called all the major tech sites and reminded them that they are under an NDA because they have review units on hand already. Plus everything about the device has basically been leaked already except a. the actual release date and b. what channels the N5 will be sold through.

Speaking of nexus 5 nda

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013/10/nexus-5-embargo-lifts-october-25th-according-amazon-reviewer.html

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah it does. Maybe google will pay attention

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

As much as it sounds interesting to have a white Nexus 5 option, I doubt that will happen.  The Nexus devices are usually very plain.  One color, one battery capacity, usually 2 storage capacities.  Being exciting is not one of the Nexus strong suits.  I would be very surprised if Google decides to launch an all white Nexus 5 option.

As much as it sounds interesting to have a white Nexus 5 option, I doubt that will happen.  The Nexus devices are usually very plain.  One color, one battery capacity, usually 2 storage capacities.  Being exciting is not one of the Nexus strong suits.  I would be very surprised if Google decides to launch an all white Nexus 5 option.

Well they also released a panda Nexus 4. So maybe after the panda 5 maybe an all white isnt that much of a stretch. The back is already done mass produced. We'll see.

Have to disagree there. The Nexus 4 came in black and white and there's plenty of evidence the Nexus 5 will as well. When the link in the Google Play store was active, it specified "black," which devices without color options do not: 

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

I'm expecting a black front and white back, as seen in the packaging and in one of the earlier leaked images (the phone on the left):

nexus-51.jpg

Personally, I prefer black, but just wanted to put it out there.

Have to disagree there. The Nexus 4 came in black and white and there's plenty of evidence the Nexus 5 will as well. When the link in the Google Play store was active, it specified "black," which devices without color options do not: 

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

I'm expecting a black front and white back, as seen in the packaging and on the left in one of the earlier leaked images:

Personally, I prefer black, but just wanted to put it out there.

Ahh you are right about a white Nexus 4.  However it was a very limited edition which sold out quickly and from the articles I read it wasn't until around June 2013 until the white Nexus 4 came out and was only available for 1 month.  In July 2013, the white Nexus 4 was no longer available.  So unless people want to wait until half a year later assuming the same trend like the Nexus 4 the hardcore enthusiasts are not going to wait that long.

Perhaps we might see Google realize how popular the white color Nexus 4 phone was and will offer a white Nexus 5 right off the bat in November.

Perhaps we might see Google realize how popular the white color Nexus 4 phone was and will offer a white Nexus 5 right off the bat in November.

Considering the packaging already appears printed up for white, I'm betting the wait, if there is one, won't be nearly as long.

On that same note, I'm seriously hoping they learned from the Nexus 4 launch and have enough devices to meet demand at launch.

We used to see rumors out of nowhere every single day from the tech sites. The invites for the 24th event (tomorrow) went out, supposedly with no hardware reveal, and none of the tech sites write about it? I mean, they were coming up with rumors left and right out of thin air, but here comes Google announcing an event and they all stay quiet? Not even questioning the supposed "no hardware reveal"? Yeah sounds fishy. 

I'm sure they'd love the ads revenue by posting about it, which leads me to think they havent posted about it just because they cant...