Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Okay, guys, I wish we could roll back the last 20 minutes.  I posted before I checked the dimensions on this handset, but Josh caught it.  This handset is tri band, but it is too small to be a Galaxy Note.  In fact, it is too small to be a Galaxy S4.  This is probably an updated version of the long expected Galaxy S4 mini.

AJ

• Like 3

Okay, guys, I wish we could roll back the last 20 minutes.  I posted before I checked the dimensions on this handset, but Josh caught it.  This handset is tri band, but it is too small to be a Galaxy Note.  In fact, it is too small to be a Galaxy S4.  This is probably an updated version of the long expected Galaxy S4 mini.

AJ

Ok I just mentioned that in my last post about the discrepancy in the dimensions of the phone.  The official Note 3 dimension specs should be 79.2 mm wide and 151.2 mm tall.  0o0o0o0o0o0o this means that SVLTE has another chance right!!!!

• Like 1

Here is the good news.  If a Galaxy S4 mini is tri band, that is only one of the two expected Samsung tri band handsets by the end of the year.  So, the outlook is good, even better now for the Galaxy Note 3.

AJ

• Like 5

Here is the good news.  If a Galaxy S4 mini is tri band, that is only one of the two expected Samsung tri band handsets by the end of the year.  So, the outlook is good, even better now for the Galaxy Note 3.

AJ

Exactly, I have full confidence now that the Galaxy Note 3 will be triband despite the signs that others have put out for question.  Its ok we can have Josh look through the FCC database so we can get it right this time.... :P .  This time we should look at the dimensions as the very first thing to confirm it is a Note 3.

• Like 1

Exactly, I have full confidence now that the Galaxy Note 3 will be triband despite the signs that others have put out for question. Its ok we can have Josh look through the FCC database so we can get it right this time.... :P . This time we should look at the dimensions as the very first thing to confirm it is a Note 3.

Fully understand the excitement though as I am sure AJ was mashing F5 on the FCC page for us all day long! Don't fault anyone for it as the mistake was caught very quickly. No harm and like it was stated this pretty much says the Note3 will have triband so the news is good!

• Like 1

Exactly, I have full confidence now that the Galaxy Note 3 will be triband despite the signs that others have put out for question.  Its ok we can have Josh look through the FCC database so we can get it right this time.... :P .  This time we should look at the dimensions as the very first thing to confirm it is a Note 3.

LOL.

If above their avatar it doesn't say "S4GRU FCC OET Reporter," You really have to reconsider their credibility. ;)

I wonder why the specs for the s4 mini are released, but it wasn't announced today?

Yeah, that is the part that threw me for a loop.  Sure, I mistook correlation for causation, but I reasonably expected any FCC OET revealed Samsung handsets today to be Galaxy Note 3 variants.

AJ

• Like 2

I was wondering if the SPH-L520 would make it to the FCC. The L500 was just a vapor phone.

I wonder why the specs for the s4 mini are released, but it wasn't announced today?

The S4 mini has been around for a little while in international forms, just now finally in Sprint flavor, with triband LTE. Take my money Sprint!

LOL.

If above their avatar it doesn't say "S4GRU FCC OET Reporter," You really have to reconsider their credibility. ;)

Don't tease AJ too much you guys. The excitement of the Note 3 was a coverup for the S4 mini. Remember, Sprint has not announced the S4 mini yet, so the Note 3 could potentially be released sooner than the S4 mini.

Fully understand the excitement though as I am sure AJ was mashing F5 on the FCC page for us all day long! Don't fault anyone for it as the mistake was caught very quickly. No harm and like it was stated this pretty much says the Note3 will have triband so the news is good!

I know I know..just making light of the situation.  We know AJ means well and how much he wants to beat Josh to the punch.

So does this bad boy pack a snapdragon 800? On break so I can't spend much time looking yet.

Wondering if this'll be here before the G2. Also, curious if the S4 will get a refresh with all of these other devices coming so soon.

Yes it will pack a S800 processor.

• Like 1

AJ

Wow... crazy coincidence... Here is to hoping to same or even better news soon.

I know I know..just making light of the situation.  We know AJ means well and how much he wants to beat Josh to the punch.

Actually, Josh basically works for me now.  If John Legere can have a social media assistant, then Josh is my FCC OET liaison.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

AJ

It does look like a GS4 Mini:

http://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx27&D=Samsung+SPH-L520&testgroup=system

That resolution of 960 x 540 basically gives it away.

How often is it that on the day of the phone announcement that it hits the FCC?  I just wouldn't have expected to see any of the US variant until next week at the earliest.

Releasing FCC OET docs just after an announcement is standard procedure for Apple.  Samsung wants to take Apple's place in consumer mindshare.  So, I expected the same from Samsung and got reeled in.  I got "catfished."  I feel like Manti Teo.

:P

AJ

• Like 5

Releasing FCC OET docs just after an announcement is standard procedure for Apple.  Samsung wants to take Apple's place in consumer mindshare.  So, I expected the same from Samsung and got reeled in.  I got "catfished."  I feel like Manti Teo.

:P

AJ

Just don't fly to Hawaii expecting something.

Just don't fly to Hawaii expecting something.

If I have to fly to Hawaii, it will be to deal with one of our problematic members.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

It's a bit ironic that the S4 Mini, which despite the name is a very average phone, will have tri-band before the flagship S4 gets it, if it ever does. I'm sure that will confuse a few customers. I do wish Samsung had re-released it with a better resolution, camera, etc. I'm sure some people (particularly the iPhone crowd) would like to be offered the choice of a high-end Android phone whose screen is less than gargantuan.

We know there will be at least two tri-band Samsung's this year. Since the other could be the S4 Active, there is still a modicum of uncertainty on where Samsung will fall on the SVLTE v. tri-band debate for the Note 3, assuming they couldn't fit in both.

It's a bit ironic that the S4 Mini, which is an otherwise very average phone, will have tri-band before the flagship S4 gets it, if ever. I'm sure that will confuse a few customers. I do wish Samsung had re-released it with a better resolution, camera, etc. I'm sure some people (particularly the iPhone crowd) would like to be offered the choice of a high-end Android phone whose screen is less than gargantuan.

We know there will be at least two tri-band Samsung's this year. Since the other could be the S4 Active, there is still a modicum of uncertainty on where Samsung will fall on the SVLTE v. tri-band debate, assuming they couldn't fit in both.

I hope the GS4 triband version is still in play and that the GS4 mini was not the only other triband LTE device available later on this year.