Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

It kind of concerns me that Sprint did not mention Triband in the Note 3 Press Release, but they were very clear about it in the LGOG2.  I'm starting to be concerned it may not be Triband afterall.  Looking toward the FCC on this one.

Robert

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-bring-unlimited-data-experience-to-samsung-galaxy-note-3.htm?view_id=8028

Now you have got me worried.  :(

Edit:

Wait, I don't see anything mentioned here about triband:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-bring-unlimited-data-experience-to-lg-g2.htm

• Like 1

It kind of concerns me that Sprint did not mention Triband in the Note 3 Press Release, but they were very clear about it in the LGOG2.  I'm starting to be concerned it may not be Triband afterall.  Looking toward the FCC on this one.

Robert

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-bring-unlimited-data-experience-to-samsung-galaxy-note-3.htm?view_id=8028

They didn't say that it was tri-band in the press release. If the Note 3 doesn't have it, I'll be shocked.

Tech Crunch says it has LTE Category 4.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/04/samsungn-reveals-the-galaxy-note-3-the-slimmer-and-lighter-evolution-of-the-phablet/

Robert

Now you have got me worried.   :(

Edit:

Wait, I don't see anything mentioned here about triband:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-bring-unlimited-data-experience-to-lg-g2.htm

But keep in mind, Sprint announced in their triband hotspot press release below that triband smartphones will be available later on in the year.

http://investors.sprint.com/file.aspx?iid=4057219&fid=17070539

"Smartphones from Samsung and LG with tri-band capability are expected to be available to Sprint customers before the end of the year."

This press release still gives me solace and confidence that the Note 3 will be triband LTE and I highly doubt the Galaxy Mega 6.3 will be triband LTE.  I wouldn't look too hard into the Note 3 press release of intention to support it as fact.  We are all smart enough to rely on FCC docs to verify the truth.

Our luck, the FCC OET docs will be released today, only a day after we finally got around to publishing the article on the LG G2.

AJ

Wait the FCC doc for the Note 3 will be released later on today?

• Like 1

I just noticed in the engadget pics that the phone has a USB 3.0 port which means it supports USB 3.0 charging. This means that charging should be a lot faster. Also this confirms the speaker at the bottom. I hated the speaker in the back since when you put it down the sound is muffled. #Winning!!

http://www.engadget.com/gallery/samsung-galaxy-note-3-hands-on/945881/#!slide=945893

• Like 1

Network

2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz

4G (LTE Cat 4 150/50Mbps) : up to 6 different band sets (Dependent on market)

Processor

LTE 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor

3G 1.9 GHz Octa Core Processor ( A15 1.9 GHz + A7 1.3 GHz)

The selection of AP will be differed by markets.

Display

5.7inch (144.3mm) Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080)

OS

Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)

Camera

Main(Rear): 13 Mega-pixel BSI Sensor, Auto Focus camera with Smart Stabilization,

LED Flash(High CRI), and Zero Shutter Lag

Sub (Front): 2 Mega-pixel BSI sensor with Smart Stabilization,

Full HD recording @30fps

Dual Camera: Dual Shot / Dual Recording/ Dual Video Call

Recording: UHD 30fps, Smooth motion (FHD 60fps), Slow motion (HD 120fps)

Camera Mode: Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, Animated Photo, Eraser, Best Photo, Best Face, Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports, Golf, Surround shot, Live effect

Video

Codec: H.264, MPEG-4, H.263, VC-1, WMV7, WMV8, Sorenson Spark, MP43, VP8, HEVC

Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p), UHD (*may differ by market)

Audio

Codec: MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, AMR-NB/WB, Vorbis, FLAC(*), WAV(*)

(*) Ultra High Quality Audio (~192KHz, 24 bit) support

S Pen Optimized Features

Air Command: Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write, S Finder, Pen Window

S Note, Multi Window, new Easy Clip, Direct Pen Input

Additional Features

Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Video, Share Document, Play Games

Story Album, S Translator

Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View

Samsung Apps, Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling), Samsung WatchON

S Voice™ Hands Free, S Health

Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound

Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly)

Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring

Safety Assistance, Samsung

Google Mobile Services

Chrome, Search, Gmail, Google+, Maps, Play Books

Play Movies, Play Music, Play Store, Hangouts

Voice Search, YouTube, Google Settings, Play Games, Messenger

Connectivity

WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80)

GPS / GLONASS

NFC, Bluetooth® v 4.0 (LE)

IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0

Sensor

Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB

Proximity, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Hall Sensor

Memory

32/ 64 GB User memory + microSD slot up to 64GB

3GB RAM

Dimension

151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3mm, 168g

Battery

Standard battery, Li-ion 3,200 mAh

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

That is fair enough... As long as it is triband, I am in... I also like the soft leatherette back, the 5.7 screen, etc.. Can't wait to try it out in person as well.

Yes, tri band is a must for any phone I purchase at this point and the leather backing was a nice touch I thought.

• Like 1

I just noticed in the engadget pics that the phone has a USB 3.0 port which means it supports USB 3.0 charging. This means that charging should be a lot faster. Also this confirms the speaker at the bottom. I hated the speaker in the back since when you put it down the sound is muffled. #Winning!!

http://www.engadget.com/gallery/samsung-galaxy-note-3-hands-on/945881/#!slide=945893

I can't believe they didn't mention USB 3.0!

I can't believe they didn't mention USB 3.0!

there are a lot of things they didn't mention. They didn't mention the IR blaster, secretly revealed the 5.7 in screen in the background screens without talking about it.  Heck they didn't even mention that the speaker is now at the bottom which I think is awesome.  I hate the speaker in the back.

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry guys. I would be shocked if the Note 3 and S4 Active weren't the two Samsung tri-band handsets that have long been hinted at. The Note 3 will be the flagship phablet for most carriers through this time next year. There's no way Sprint and Samsung will let it be outdone that quickly by a LG or HTC phablet.

And yea, it was a great idea to stick the speaker on the bottom.

• Like 1

What I saw somewhere didn't have 2500/2600 listed. I hope it really does have it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Stop freaking out.  The specs don't list the LTE bands it supports.  All it says in the specs that LTE band support is market dependent.  They only talk about band support for CDMA and GSM.

Believe me I am just as anxious to find out about triband LTE but Samsung is not going to mention specifically Sprint on the livestream.  I know its hard to believe but Samsung or any other OEM do not specifically shout out triband LTE support for a wireless carrier.

I wouldn't worry guys. I would be shocked if the Note 3 and S4 Active weren't the two Samsung tri-band handsets that have long been hinted at. The Note 3 will be the flagship phablet for most carriers through this time next year. There's no way Sprint and Samsung will let it be outdone that quickly by a LG or HTC phablet.

And yea, it was a great idea to stick the speaker on the bottom.

This!!  Exactly dude.  I know everyone's biggest concern right now is triband LTE support but lets not take one or 2 things that Samsung or Sprint didn't do and assume that it won't be triband LTE.  

The members on this site are all smart enough to rely on FCC docs to verify the truth.  We know the FCC docs have not let us down in the past in terms of confirming functionality so why freak out right now.

Wait the FCC doc for the Note 3 will be released later on today?

That depends.  I said "our luck."  So, do you feel lucky?  Well, do ya, punk?

AJ

Stop freaking out.

I will freak you out.  What if Sprint chose SVLTE over tri band LTE for the Galaxy Note 3???

We all know how ridiculous it looks to use the oversized Galaxy Note series like regular handsets.  So, speaker phone and Bluetooth usage are more likely -- both of which also lend themselves to simultaneous voice and data.  SVLTE could be a priority.

AJ

I will freak you out.  What if Sprint chose SVLTE over tri band LTE for the Galaxy Note 3???

We all know how ridiculous it looks to use the oversized Galaxy Note series like regular handsets.  So, speaker phone and Bluetooth usage are more likely -- both of which also lend themselves to simultaneous voice and data.  SVLTE could be a priority.

AJ

I will be a very very sad panda then.  I would easily give up SVLTE for triband LTE.

• Like 2

AJ

If it was really that important wouldn't they just engineer/pay more for a way to have triband and SVLTE?

I will freak you out. What if Sprint chose SVLTE over tri band LTE for the Galaxy Note 3???

A phone that big should be able to fit in separate transmit paths. Just sayin'

Guys, you cannot please everyone.  Plenty of people in the comments following our LG G2 article have expressed displeasure at the lack of SVLTE, let alone SVDO.

Sources have told us that SVLTE and tri band will not be compatible.  The increase in cost is too great.  While even we think that farfetched, it has proven true with the first tri band handset.

So, if the cost increase is truly substantial for multiple tri band radio paths, whom do you expect to absorb those costs?  Samsung?  Sprint?  Consumers?  None of the above?

Think about it...

AJ

I'm with Robert here, my first read of the PR was fishy because tri-band was not mentioned. Seems like a skip to me...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

If the Galaxy Note 3 was not the triband device Sprint was referring to, then what was? The GS4 Active? Really?

All of the above! lol

If the subsidized Galaxy Note 3 were to cost differentially $100 more at Sprint, people would find another reason to bitch.  See my point?

AJ