Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Look on the bright side, the international version has no LTE.  At the very least, the Sprint variant will beat that by one band.

AJ

Yeah... Unless they changed their minds and decided LTE is just too expensive to put in this phone. So instead they release it with only EVDO support... or worse, only 1X!   :P

Actually, the various Galaxy Note 3 FCC OET authorization docs must have been trickling in over the past few minutes because there are more now, including this one:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=188613&fcc_id=A3LSPHL520

Tri band!

:P

AJ

• Like 11

https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/375374089742856192

Tweeted Sprint if the Note 3 was tri-band and they said they have no news on it. The customer rep probably doesn't know much about it though.

The Sprintcare twitter folks probably said.. "Tri what? Let's have this guy update his PRL and profile. That fixes everything."

• Like 5

Actually, the various Galaxy Note 3 FCC OET authorization docs must have been trickling in over the past few minutes because there are more now, including this one:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=188613&fcc_id=A3LSPHL520

Tri band!

AJ

I just felt my wallet get lighter.

• Like 6

Tri band!

AJ

Nice! Thanks, AJ!  You beat the official S4GRU FCC OET Reporter to break this news! Off with his head! ;)

• Like 1

SEEE!!!! All those folks that were panicking this morning because Sprint didn't scream triband LTE in their press release (even though the LG G2 press release didn't scream triband LTE) or Samsung didn't mention triband in their livestream were overreacting.

I feel like I was one of the few on here that was calm about the triband LTE thing and was confident in Sprint that they will pull through.

• Like 2

Tri band!

AJ

Dang no SVLTE.  Ah well.  It was expected right.  I hope its not a deal breaker for those looking to get the Note 3.  I highly doubt the HTC One Max will have SVLTE either so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Another interesting tidbit.  Samsung finally broke that horrible trend of only supporting 5 MHz bandwidths on Band 25. WOO HOOO.  Band 25 support for 3, 5 and 10 MHz!!!!!

• Like 2

Tri band!

AJ

So... LG G2, Note 3... HTC, your move. Glad that we are getting nice Tri-band options.

I might be leaning towards the Note 3 more than the G2, though, purely from the fact that this phone is more likely to get *official* CyanogenMod support than the G2 (just judging from the Note 2 and Optimus G beforehand). I absolutely hate TouchWiz, but Samsung (with Qualcomm) devices get such good dev community support. That was the main reason I ditched the Epic 4G Touch for a Galaxy S 3 in the middle of my contract. That 5.7 inch screen size though... There doesn't seem to be a perfect device for me yet.

Edited by metayoshi

Now, let me give you a topic.  The tri band Galaxy Note 3 has no SVDO, nor SVLTE.

Talk amongst yourselves...

AJ

• Like 1

Alright AJ... Now that you just totally messed with me the last 5 minutes -- I expect an article on the wall NOW!

Hey, hold your horses, pal.  I am already working on it!

;)

AJ

• Like 7

Now, let me give you a topic.  The tri band Galaxy Note 3 has no SVDO, nor SVLTE.

AJ

Hasn't it been decided that SVxxx is pretty much a thing of the past?

AJ

At least 10 MHz bandwidths are supported now on Band 25 and broke that Samsung LTE phone trend.

• Like 1

Hey, hold your horses, pal.  I am already working on it!

;)

AJ

lol sweet... the biggest thing (besides if it HAD triband) would be what the FCC docs show for the QUALITY of those bands on the device, right?

lol sweet... the biggest thing (besides if it HAD triband) would be what the FCC docs show for the QUALITY of those bands on the device, right?

Its pretty good actually.  The Band 41 LTE signal quality is much better and stronger than the LG G2.

• Like 1

AJ

The output numbers on the max and nominal dbm values of the SAR report look nice.  Combine that with the little larger antennas and once gain the Note series should be a RF beast!   I will be waiting for AJ's layman's terms on that even though I know from the past experience the output numbers only equal so much of the puzzle.

Could be a good Christmas present for myself but I don't expect 800 LTE for at least another 6 months here and 2.5 maybe 1 to 1.5 yrs.  No reason to jump on it right away just yet. I'll be able to watch all the RF comparisons from you guys before I pull the trigger.

The only thing that bugs me about the FCC docs is in the "RF exposure info part 1" doc is that the dimensions of the phone look way off.  How can the phone only be 61.8 mm wide and 124.9 mm tall?  

According to the official specs it should be 79.2 mm wide and 151.2 mm tall.

• Like 1

Its pretty good actually.  The Band 41 LTE signal quality is much better and stronger than the LG G2.

What about the other bands -- how do they compare to other phones (such as my EVOLTE)...

/Excited!