Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

You sure? I'm seeing:

$724.99 AT&T

$699.99 Verizon

Wonder why the strange price points.

I do remember seeing the AT&T version for $725 last night. For some reason when i checked right now, it gave me a weird retail number.

But yes i think ur right.

AT&T =$725

Verizon = $700

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

The T-Mobile version will be available for $703 ($199 + $21*24mo) on October 2nd, a day after AT&T.

So just as Samsung said in Berlin, the phone will be available in the US in October. The release date on Sprint shouldn't be any more than about a month away.

The T-Mobile version will be available for $703 ($199 + $21*24mo) on October 2nd, a day after AT&T.

So just as Samsung said in Berlin, the phone will be available in the US in October. The release date on Sprint shouldn't be any more than about a month away.

Boy I really hope the Note 3 is offered on October 1st or 2nd for Sprint.

GSM devices cannot use HSPA while on voice call. I use the AT&T Note on T-Mobile. I have 4G LTE for data, but once I get a call or make a call, I quickly drop from LTE to UMTS (3G). It also takes a while to get back up to LTE after I end the call, usually it goes up to and remains on HSPA for a while. It probably takes a while to get back to LTE because of the scan time in the device. 

I also plan on buying the Note 3 as soon as I can if it has triband LTE. Any updates on the FCC docs coming through for the device?

It could be the fact that you are using an AT&T phone on T-Mobile and its lack of HSPA AWS, combined with how the transmit paths on the phone are set up is why you cannot get data while on a call. It's possible that the TMO version of the Note, which does have HSPA AWS support can make simultaneous voice and data work.

Seriously.. where is ours :(

The only thing I see so far is a splash page which is linked below.  I expect Sprint will make an announcement of the availability of the Galaxy Note 3 sometime this week since the other major carriers have done so already.  Maybe Sprint was trying to wait to strategically find the best date to launch the product.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/samsung_galaxy_note3/index.html?ECID=vanity:galaxynote3

The only thing I see so far is a splash page which is linked below. I expect Sprint will make an announcement of the availability of the Galaxy Note 3 sometime this week since the other major carriers have done so already. Maybe Sprint was trying to wait to strategically find the best date to launch the product.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/samsung_galaxy_note3/index.html?ECID=vanity:galaxynote3

There is always the possibility that Sprint will wait to announce the release date the day before launch like they did with the Moto X.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

The only thing I see so far is a splash page which is linked below.  I expect Sprint will make an announcement of the availability of the Galaxy Note 3 sometime this week since the other major carriers have done so already.  Maybe Sprint was trying to wait to strategically find the best date to launch the product.

I have a gut feeling there may be an issue with the FCC approval. Maybe something like Sprint not announcing it until it passes through the FCC.

I have a gut feeling there may be an issue with the FCC approval. Maybe something like Sprint not announcing it until it passes through the FCC.

I thought we already saw the press release from Sprint on this?

Regardless I am sure it will be out before 800LTE is wide spread.

I thought we already saw the press release from Sprint on this?

Regardless I am sure it will be out before 800LTE is wide spread.

While Sprint made a pres release saying it will be there, the question is when. If the FCC doesn`t approve of it, it won`t be here. While i severely doubt the FCC wouldn`t approve of it, Sprint may be holding off announcing the time of arrival until it gets the green light to do so. 

There is always the possibility that Sprint will wait to announce the release date the day before launch like they did with the Moto X.

There is that possibility but tbh I think how they announced the Moto X just 2 days before release date was horrible marketing.  Sprint needs to be adapting to its competitors.  If the other competitors make an announcement, Sprint needs to make one around the same time and not just a day before the launch.

I don't think you need to do that. None of the other major carriers have the Note pass through the FCC yet and they announced it.  I expect to see some FCC filings  for all the carriers pass through the FCC within these next 1.5 weeks.  I don't know how often does FCC filings get rejected for a device.

I don't think you need to do that. None of the other major carriers have the Note pass through the FCC yet and they announced it. I expect to see some FCC filings for all the carriers pass through the FCC within these next 1.5 weeks. I don't know how often does FCC filings get rejected for a device.

I haven't seen too many rejections this summer at all, actually.

It could be the fact that you are using an AT&T phone on T-Mobile and its lack of HSPA AWS, combined with how the transmit paths on the phone are set up is why you cannot get data while on a call. It's possible that the TMO version of the Note, which does have HSPA AWS support can make simultaneous voice and data work.

No, that has nothing to do with it.  zodiac is saying that, while on a voice call, he can use only W-CDMA data, not HSPA data, which is just evolved W-CDMA.  Both share the same transmit path.  In fact, both share the same carrier channel.

AJ

Let me clarify that the AT&T Note has AWS support for HSPA, but, it is locked out via original software. A quick radio flash brings support, but breaks LTE in the process. The original radio, allows LTE and PCS/Cellular HSPA but disables any AWS HSPA. I am in a T-Mo refarmed area, and have access to HSPA on PCS (1900 MHz). Technically I am running my phone just as it were on AT&T, minus the cellular spectrum. 

In essence, UMTS is all that will run alongside a voice call. Unless more people can chime in that is. 

Well, I also tested my friend's GS3 on AT&T, as soon as the call is initiated, the phone loses LTE. It did maintain a HSPA connection for about 3 seconds, but then dropped to UMTS just like the Note. 

so ATT and Tmobile customers won't be able to talk and surf at the same time as well?

Basically SVLTE never existed on the GSM side of things. T-Mo and AT&T customers will not be able to use LTE when they call someone. They will be allowed to use UMTS (3G). Most customers won't care.

The whole idea of talking and surfing started as a marketing gimmick for AT&T with their iPhone to bash Verizon. Rarely does anyone use it, I have almost never used it, maybe once or twice over WiMax on my Evo Shift and a few times on my Motorola Photon Q. In my opinion, it shouldn't be  considered a priority for devices at all. Most people don't know or care that they can text, talk and surf the web at the same time on an SVDO or GSM phone. 

I usually talk on my phone and surf on my iPad. I want Triband LTE so I can actually get an LTE signal indoors and some TD-LTE goodness. I feel that is a higher priority for most people over SVLTE. Besides, if you drop LTE when you are indoors because your 1900 MHz PCS LTE couldn't penetrate, that SVLTE would be useless to you, anyway.

I just want Sprint to announce a release date already!!!  

Calm down.  It will happen.  Just do not die soon, and you will live to see both the announcement and the release.

AJ

• Like 4

I haven't seen too many rejections this summer at all, actually.

Ah, so Josh has been doing very well with the ladies lately.  Can I be your wingman?

:P

AJ

I can't believe they didn't engineer LTE to have simultaneous voice/data from the gitgo, it could have been a single global standard for voice/data to converge on, but now we still stuck with all the legacy voice protocols in addition to LTE.

I can't believe they didn't engineer LTE to have simultaneous voice/data from the gitgo, it could have been a single global standard for voice/data to converge on, but now we still stuck with all the legacy voice protocols in addition to LTE.

Yeah, move voice to LTE right away, and usable voice coverage would have shriveled like a prune.  See the problem?

AJ