Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

The international Note III (SM-N9005) just passed through the GCF. It supports:

LTE 2100/1800/850/1600/800Mhz (Band1,3,5,7,20)

WCDMA  2100/1900/900/850Mhz

GSM 1900/1800/900/850 Mhz 

Hopefully we will see our version come through the FCC soon!

Source

• Like 1

The latest leak of the note 3 looks great. I really like the squared look and almost no bezel, still hate the physical home button though. This is going to be a tough decision.

• Like 2

The latest leak of the note 3 looks great. I really like the squared look and almost no bezel, still hate the physical home button though. This is going to be a tough decision.

I'm hoping the Galaxy S5/Note 4 stretch the display down to the bottom and use on screen buttons already. More screen real estate. The physical buttons are so old fashioned to me.

I now have 3 batteries and 2 chargers that will charge them outside the phone. Once pair lives at work.

The 2 chargers and 2 spare batteries were less than one of those. But thanks for the headsup.

I'm hoping the Galaxy S5/Note 4 stretch the display down to the bottom and use on screen buttons already. More screen real estate. The physical buttons are so old fashioned to me.

Physical buttons are best!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

I now have 3 batteries and 2 chargers that will charge them outside the phone. Once pair lives at work.

The 2 chargers and 2 spare batteries were less than one of those. But thanks for the headsup.

I put a 3800 in my gnex and i can easily now go all day..:)  Since i am on the road quite a bit i do have a car charger with two ports so i can charge my phone AND my wife's iphone at the same time..:)

Whats wrong with old fashioned?  I happen to be a big fan of it. 

Whats wrong with old fashioned?  I happen to be a big fan of it. 

It's just after using both physical and on display buttons, I find physical buttons take ever so slightly longer to use. Just a personal preference.  I also like having multitask as a button instead of having to hold down the home button. Again, slightly faster. Not going to stop me from buying the Note 3 though. 

It's just after using both physical and on display buttons, I find physical buttons take ever so slightly longer to use. Just a personal preference.  I also like having multitask as a button instead of having to hold down the home button. Again, slightly faster. Not going to stop me from buying the Note 3 though. 

Yea, I guess it is just preference.  I have many friends that love or hate a phone purely on the physical buttons.  I guess that is one of the reasons I love the Android ecosystem.  There are so many choices that at least one of them is bound to fit your needs.  I imagine it is a pain for developers though to have to deal with so many options of screen sizes/button layout and versions.  

Having using both onscreen buttons and capacitive buttons I think I prefer capacitive buttons. On screen buttons simply takes up screen real estate compared to when using capacitive buttons.  The home button on the galaxy phones I think is just hideous looking and they should make the home button a capacitive button as well.

• Like 1

I don't mind the hard buttons, however I do wish they were consistent... either all 3 hard buttons, or all 3 capacitive buttons. Or just get rid of all of them and use software ala nexus.

I also really miss the dedicated multitask when driving, its difficult and dangerous to try to hold down the home button to get the recent app menu.

Having using both onscreen buttons and capacitive buttons I think I prefer capacitive buttons. On screen buttons simply takes up screen real estate compared to when using capacitive buttons. The home button on the galaxy phones I think is just hideous looking and they should make the home button a capacitive button as well.

After looking at the moto x in person at the ATT store which they use onscreen buttons and is supposely a 4.7 inch display, I was very unimpressed. The screen size usability is so small because the onscreen buttons take up so much of the screen real estate. In fact when i sized up my photon 4g screen (4.3 inches) with the moto x screen minus the onscreen buttons, it matched perfectly. So in reality the moto x true screen size is 4.3 inches.

I prefer capacitive buttons and the physical home button on the samsung phones and i hope they dont plan to muck with that anytime soon.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

After looking at the moto x in person at the ATT store which they use onscreen buttons and is supposely a 4.7 inch display, I was very unimpressed. The screen size usability is so small because the onscreen buttons take up so much of the screen real estate. In fact when i sized up my photon 4g screen (4.3 inches) with the moto x screen minus the onscreen buttons, it matched perfectly. So in reality the moto x true screen size is 4.3 inches.

I prefer capacitive buttons and the physical home button on the samsung phones and i hope they dont plan to muck with that anytime soon.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I was very unimpressed as well, because they did not stretch the Moto X display down at all. I agree it is better to have physical buttons if the display is not stretched to the bottom of the phone. I'm waiting for phones to have no bezel anywhere, just a screen.

Is it just me, or is this launch that is freakin' TOMORROW been more sealed up than even an Apple launch? Very limited leaks the last few weeks... I can't wait to see what they have to offer though (when are they going to do this thing, anyone know off the top of their head?  I know it is in Berlin so it should be pretty early here, right?)...

• Like 4

Is it just me, or is this launch that is freakin' TOMORROW been more sealed up than even an Apple launch? Very limited leaks the last few weeks... I can't wait to see what they have to offer though (when are they going to do this thing, anyone know off the top of their head?  I know it is in Berlin so it should be pretty early here, right?)...

I think they have done a spectacular job keeping the leaks to a minimum, especially with their smart watch. It's going to be at 12:00PM Central, and I'm going to be watching it. :tu:

Here's the link for the live stream: http://www.youtube.com/user/SAMSUNGmobile?

• Like 3

1PM EST

• Like 1