Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Who cares about anything other than is it Tri-Band LTE compatible with Sprint? :)

If its tri-band on Sprint, looks like it will be the first one for us, beating the G2 to the market. 

Sep. 25

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/04/samsung-galaxy-gear-galaxy-note-3-release-dates-set-for-september-25th/

Didn't they say at the start the phone will work with all bands?

As far as I know, Sprint said there was a Samsung device due this year that will support Sprint Tri-Band LTE but, a specific device has not yet been revealed, as the Note 3 was just announced today. I'd imagine the Official S4GRU FCC OET Reporter will keep a close eye on FCC authorizations and keep us informed of when this device passes through.  I cannot imagine the Note 3 not being the Samsung with tri-band LTE support Sprint mentioned, though. 

I'm sad, for whatever reason all the excitement that I had over the last few days seem to have totally disappeared after watching this event.   

I'm sad, for whatever reason all the excitement that I had over the last few days seem to have totally disappeared after watching this event.

Why? What is missing that you expected?

I wasn't really that interested in the Note to begin with but, I'm interested to hear what you didn't like, as your overall views usually seem pretty similar to mine. What don't you like?

Why? What is missing that you expected?

It's weird, I can't really put my finger on it but I will save any further judgement for when I get to use it myself.  

• Like 1

Galaxy Gear watch is $299.  OUCH!  Who needs a camera in a watch?  Take that off and chop the price $100+

The galaxy gear looks stupid in my opinion.  I think just about most of these smartwatches look stupid and for the most part I think its just a fad.  

They could have kept everything the same and just added triband LTE and I would buy it.

With that being said the device and features look great but without triband LTE on Sprint I will not be buying one.

It will most likely have tri-band support, Right?

It's weird, I can't really put my finger on it but I will save any further judgement for when I get to use it myself.

That is fair enough... As long as it is triband, I am in... I also like the soft leatherette back, the 5.7 screen, etc.. Can't wait to try it out in person as well.

I hear that the back of the Galaxy Note 3 is covered in rich Corinthian leather.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

is it me or is it the S4 with Spen ?? i was expecting it to blow my socks off with the camera and screen res  but its basically an S4 with Spen -sigh- did anyone catch if it has triband lte support?

I don't know what you were expecting.in terms of the specs in general.  For the screen resolution, it was pretty predictable in terms of it was obviously going to be super amoled 1080p screen.  Were you expecting a screen resolution higher?  There is no reason to go higher than 1080p at this point.

Also the camera sensor at 13 MP is fine.  A fallacy is that the more MP equals better quality which is not true.  13 MP is plenty good enough for a camera and is a huge improvement over the 8 MP Note 2.

The battery was a bit disappointing at 3200 maH.  I was really expecting a 3500 maH battery or the rumored 3450 maH battery.  I just hope improvements in software can help account for the smaller than expected battery increase.

In terms of looks, I completely disagree with you and I actually liked the GS4 shape with the roundness and I was hoping that the Note 3 would look similar to it which it does.  I just don't get why people want something crazy revolutionary.  Its going to be squared shape anyways.  The leather back was a huge surprise given that its history lends itself to a plastic backing and it seemed like the speaker is now on the bottom which is a great change.  I didn't see a hole in the back of phone which was a surprise since I speakers in the back since you can't hear anything when you lay it down.

They didn't mention some of the specs that were similar to the GS4 such as a microSD card slot, removable battery and IR blaster but I assume it was standard and is included in it.

My purpose of watching the livestream was to confirm the specs that were most important to me such as screen size (thank goodness its only 5.7 inches), S800 processor, dimensions of the phone (thinner, slightly less wide, lighter  :tu:).  

I am totally sold on the Note 3.  I just need to see Sprint confirm that it will be triband via FCC docs.  Of course the livestream wouldn't confirm triband since that only applies to one carrier but I fully expect it to be.

• Like 2

is it me or is it the S4 with Spen ?? i was expecting it to blow my socks off with the camera and screen res but its basically an S4 with Spen -sigh- did anyone catch if it has triband lte support?

I think it's just you. This is not just the S4 with a pen. Lol. 4k recording isn't a improvement on the camera?

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

It kind of concerns me that Sprint did not mention Triband in the Note 3 Press Release, but they were very clear about it in the LGOG2.  I'm starting to be concerned it may not be Triband afterall.  Looking toward the FCC on this one.

Robert

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-bring-unlimited-data-experience-to-samsung-galaxy-note-3.htm?view_id=8028

• Like 4

I'm holding out for a phone made of Whale Penis Leather, myself.

Well, rich Corinthian leather is even more exclusive, as Ricardo Montalban's face is also made out of it.

AJ

It kind of concerns me that Sprint did not mention Triband in the Note 3 Press Release, but they were very clear about it in the LGOG2.  I'm starting to be concerned it may not be Triband afterall.  Looking toward the FCC on this one.

Our luck, the FCC OET docs will be released today, only a day after we finally got around to publishing the article on the LG G2.

AJ