LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

For those with the ORIGINAL Optimus G, the QUADBEAT earphones...does it have 3 buttons control??  (2 buttons for volume up and down while middle is for selection)???

EDIT: I know that LG came with Quadbeat, which has a 3-button remote.  Has anyone tried an aftermarket eaphone/headphone with the Apple remote??  Does the volume buttons on the Apple remote work on LG phone when playing music (to go up and down on volume)??

Thanks!

Edited by Thai

Not sure how I feel about the power button/volume button on the back as I tend to pocket my devices but I will have to see how reviewers like it. 

To me the most important thing for this device is RF performance.

Not sure how I feel about the power button/volume button on the back as I tend to pocket my devices but I will have to see how reviewers like it.

To me the most important thing for this device is RF performance.

The original LG Optimus G is definitely the strongest contender in the RF department out of the last years devices released. (S3, Evo LTE, and Lg OG.)

I think the LG status bar looks much much better than the Touch wiz one. Blue and grey is much nicer looking than green and grey. I'm ready to try this bad boy out. The app icons don't bother me because I use Nova Launcher with custom icons.

I agree better than touchwiz, but man I want a true black status bar so bad...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

I agree better than touchwiz, but man I want a true black status bar so bad...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

That's an easy PNG or XML edit. I'll definitely be making that mod for this device. I exclusively run black status bar mod on any touch wiz ROM already. I do it myself. :P

My wife is going to love this phone. Her biggest complaint right now is smartphones are too cumbersome for her small hand to hold and power on etc easily and she doesn't like the side power buttons.

Battery is 3000mah plenty of juice for a full day of heavy usage.

The problem is that i am somewhat of a "power-user" and eat up battery a lot!  Even my Note 2 can't survive more than 6 hours!  Therefore, i charge often...which kills battery.  And if i am keeping this for 2 years, then i need removable battery so that i can throw in a new one when the old one loses charge.

Same thing with micro-Sd...i watch movies a lot on my phone (via ripped movies).  And with a 13MP 1080p camera/video, that 16GB internal memory will fill up quickly if you also have a decent amount of apps.  Hopefully, Sprint will offer both 16 and 32GB, but Sprint usually gets the short-end.

Wow, these two may be deal killers for me! :(

I don't understand the pre-launch rumors...crap, there was even the freaking owner's manual showing SD and removable battery!  How odd that the rumors (even just yesterday) could be THAT wrong!  Oh well.  99% chance of me getting it to 10% after reading the previews.

Well the non removable back and no sd card just killed it for me

My condolences for your loss...

:P

AJ

• Like 2

I'm usually next to a charger and stream most of my multimedia so limited storage isn't an issue for me.

I flash roms and plenty of times I need to take the battery out. Plus when the battery degrades just put a new one in. I don't like streaming music, I like to have it all with me since I won't always have a signal or wifi.