LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

This will probably be my next phone also. Ive got the Optimus G and it has been one of the best phones I have owned. Quality and Performance.

Getting hyped to be honest. Ready for a change from Samsung. :P

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Does anyone know a date that this beast comes out?

And then prolly the slow wait for sprint to release it haha.

And then prolly the slow wait for sprint to release it haha.

Sprint's typically pretty cool in terms of release date.  For multi-carrier devices, Sprint's usually first or second out of the big four.

I'm going to go ahead and estimate the release to be near the end of this month.  ~August 28-30th.

Didn't LG say that they will release G2 to USA in September? ?

Iphone 5S and G2 are my top choices right now.

They hinted at it from a leaked source when they mentioned that Verizon was going to be a US partner for this phone.  I mean it sounds real credible given that at least Sprint and ATT's models have hit the FCC in the last week.

They hinted at it from a leaked source when they mentioned that Verizon was going to be a US partner for this phone.  I mean it sounds real credible given that at least Sprint and ATT's models have hit the FCC in the last week.

If this September timeframe is for US market, they might have been referring to Verizon's release, in which Verizon is usually last to release multicarrier devices.

I'm trying to be Optimistic, though.  I don't like holding onto an upgrade while still paying for my old phone's subsidy!

If this September timeframe is for US market, they might have been referring to Verizon's release, in which Verizon is usually last to release multicarrier devices.

I'm trying to be Optimistic, though.  I don't like holding onto an upgrade while still paying for my old phone's subsidy!

I hope the Sprint version comes later on this month but I doubt it.  I still think the Sprint version will release in September.  The Moto X might be the phone set for release in August.

If all OEMS adopted the Apple release time frame of releasing the device 2 weeks after the announcement, it would be so much better.  Maybe LG is trying to come close to that.  We will find out in a week.

I hope the Sprint version comes later on this month but I doubt it.  I still think the Sprint version will release in September.  The Moto X might be the phone set for release in August.

If all OEMS adopted the Apple release time frame of releasing the device 2 weeks after the announcement, it would be so much better.  Maybe LG is trying to come close to that.  We will find out in a week.

I'm sure LG is keen on getting this out the door asap. It's already cleared the FCC and from the leaked shots, the G2 is 100% done on the cosmetic/finish side of things. lets hope for a late august early september release.

For me, the later that they release it, the more I consider iphone 5s.

Ehh I don't view it that way and I think the general public would also because we are talking about iOS vs. Android which are 2 completely different operating systems.  If you are a die hard Android fan, you won't consider the iPhone because of its walled garden, lack of customization, tiny 4 inch screens and if you are a die hard iOS fan, you won't consider Android because of its battery life, sluggishness and huge screens.

Besides anyone who is waiting for the iPhone 5S is not all of a sudden going to buy a LG Optimus G2 just because it was released 2 weeks earlier or vice versa.  If people don't have the patience to wait 2 more weeks for the smartphone of their choice to use for the next 2 years needs help. 

• Like 1

I'm sure LG is keen on getting this out the door asap. It's already cleared the FCC and from the leaked shots, the G2 is 100% done on the cosmetic/finish side of things. lets hope for a late august early september release.

I know it cleared the FCC already but I am just thinking from Sprint's marketing and product team's perspective that the Moto X will be released first and I am not sure if they want to have the Moto X and LG OG2 smartphones released at the same time.  That is why I think early September would be a more realistic time frame of when the LG OG2 will be released.  But I could be wrong and the LG OG2 is released first and the Moto X in September.

I was talking about myself, not public. I currently have both in my house and I am comfortable with both. So, for me, it does matter and how much LG can wow me.

Ehh I don't view it that way and I think the general public would also because we are talking about iOS vs. Android which are 2 completely different operating systems.  If you are a die hard Android fan, you won't consider the iPhone because of its walled garden, lack of customization, tiny 4 inch screens and if you are a die hard iOS fan, you won't consider Android because of its battery life, sluggishness and huge screens.

Besides anyone who is waiting for the iPhone 5S is not all of a sudden going to buy a LG Optimus G2 just because it was released 2 weeks earlier or vice versa.  If people don't have the patience to wait 2 more weeks for the smartphone of their choice to use for the next 2 years needs help. 

not to mention all the money you spent on either ecosystem. It's not easy to transition when you've spent hundreds of dollars on apps, games, movies, music and the likes. Just a thought :P

-Luis

Wow... I was completely ignoring LG news until I saw a comment on another website about the LG G2 being the first phone with tri-band LTE support. A little Google searching, and here I am. I am actually excited for this phone now. Hopefully this has an ulocked bootloader out the door, since that was partially what deterred me from getting the Optimus G in the first place, but either way, I'll be keeping my eye on this phone.

not to mention all the money you spent on either ecosystem. It's not easy to transition when you've spent hundreds of dollars on apps, games, movies, music and the likes. Just a thought :P

-Luis

I have some money in both already.  Not a big deal.  Both ecosystems have goods and bads. 

Getting closer to the release.  Hearing a lot of things about a new Nexus coming up.  Anyone think the Nexus will use the same specs as the G2 and if it'll be coming to Sprint?  It'd be awesome if we could get a high end spec'd Nexus phone with Triband support on Sprint. :P

EDIT: For those Benchmark lovers, here's a decent article for you.

http://www.highlightpress.com/lg-g2s-raw-power-gives-rival-firms-reason-to-worry/3810/djohnson

I don't care much for it as I know the Snapdragon 800 CPU wont fail me in real world usage.  

Maybe...but where is Nexus 4 on Sprint or even mighty Verizon? Google Editions? Nope to both CDMA companies. If you want near nexus experience, then your best hope is the Motorola X phone.

Anything's possible. We've had two previous Nexus devices on Sprint.

Yea that was true in the past but google said starting with the nexus 4 that it wont be supporting cdma directly anymore in the nexus lineup. I did find it weird that ATT didnt get the nexus 4 but only tmobile did.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

And I'm sold. I just hope it's not going to be ~$300 on contract. Lol

I hear that! Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it is a $300 (or maybe $250) device with an eligible upgrade, though.  I just say this because that was the price of the Note II when it was released and, this device is pushing its way into that category. Not to mention, all that the tri-band LTE entails isn't going to make it any cheaper.  Although, Sprints tri-band LTE HotSpots didn't seem to get a bump in price. So, who knows?