LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Lets face it...one of the major advantages of Android over Apple/Nokia is flexibility.  The only major player left is Samsung Galaxy series.  HTC and LG are going Apple route.  I have both at home...and if LG chooses this route, then i might as well go Apple.

• Like 1

and my condolences for your loss of freedom...

Some of you are going to have to realize that you are edge cases, such that the market may not serve your needs.  You use the device too much and/or store too much media.  My suggestion is to get a life.

;)

AJ

I flash roms and plenty of times I need to take the battery out. Plus when the battery degrades just put a new one in. I don't like streaming music, I like to have it all with me since I won't always have a signal or wifi.

I flash ROM's also but I don't keep a bunch of different ROM's on my device, 3 or 4 at most AOSP rom's are less than 500MB. Touchwiz ROM's are more than 1GB thanks to all the Samsung bloat. Not sure how big LG ROM's are probably about the same as Touchwiz because they add just as much bloat.

But i hear you. Never had an LG smartphone but the GS4 and HTC One just didn't do it for me The Moto X is a big disappointment.

If Motorola/Google decided to use midrange 2013 spec/components then the price should be midrange as well. 

I would wait for the Note 3 but my Note 2 is too cumbersome at the gym. I've been waiting for the right phone to downsize to.

Some of you are going to have to realize that you are edge cases, such that the market may not serve your needs.  You use the device too much and/or store too much media.  My suggestion is to get a life.

;)

AJ

if I pay $500+ for a phone I'm going to use it however much I want. Don't advertise all the media capabilities beautiful hd screens and stuff if I can only keep a few songs on my phone and maybe a movie. And yes I have a life unlike some people and my life involves listening to music.
  • Like 1

;)

AJ

Except for the fact that Samsung is by far the number 1 smartphone seller.

You know what Ssamsung offers?

Removable batteries.

SD cards.

Not having that is a deal breaker for many, many people. That indicates to me the market wants these features.

Who wants to lock themselves into a 2 year contract with a phone that will start being absolute garbage in a year when the battery stops being able to hold a charge?

"24 hour battery life!"  means nothing when its half that in 12 months.

• Like 1

;)

AJ

AJ, i know that i am new here and that you did put a smilie at the end, but you really don't know what we do with our phones to come to that honestly stupid conclusion.  You need to refrain a tiny bit.  I think that all of us here on this forum are pretty "edge users" already given how connected we try to be about Sprint's LTE networks.  So, for an edge user to call out another one is pretty dumb IMHO.

My phone is my work phone (use constantly in hospital) and my home phone.  My kids also use it sometimes for games or watch a quick episode of Spongebob or whatever movie i have (on my SD).  I am sure that LG won't mind losing me as a customer, but does that mean that i can't voice my disappointment on a FORUM in a thread that i created about this very phone?

• Like 2

No removable battery = no sale.

LG, please direct yourself to the HTC pile of fail

Do that many people really carry around multiple batteries?

I never felt the need for an extra battery.

I have a charger at work, car charger and charger at home.

I'm never more than a few hours without a charger and if I am i'm probably socializing or having fun in the real world and not using my phone anyway. If my phone even dies while i'm out it's not the end of the world!

I'm never more than a few hours without a charger and if I am i'm probably socializing or having fun in the real world and not using my phone anyway. If my phone even dies while i'm out it's not the end of the world!

i used to carry one until I got the s4 but I think it's more about being able to replace it when the battery degrades
  • Like 1

All true.  Me too.  But, again, frequent charging kills battery.  You do that...and by 1 year or so, your battery will hold less and less charge.  THIS is when you buy another battery to replace it with and voila, you're back to original battery life (1.2 days). 

And for ME, when battery dies, it IS the end of the world (or sort of speak)...because my work AND home life depends on it.  My phone is also my pager.

Edited by Thai

Except for the fact that Samsung is by far the number 1 smartphone seller.

You know what Ssamsung offers?

Removable batteries.

SD cards.

Not having that is a deal breaker for many, many people. That indicates to me the market wants these features.

Who wants to lock themselves into a 2 year contract with a phone that will start being absolute garbage in a year when the battery stops being able to hold a charge?

"24 hour battery life!"  means nothing when its half that in 12 months.

Do you think the Galaxy series sold so well because of SD cards and removable batteries?

How come the iPhone sells so well it has neither of those.

It's marketing, Apple and Samsung spends a ton on marketing to people who are not like us "Edge" users who crave specs and high performance.

The non "Edge" user care more about wow features (eye scrolling and other gimmickie stuff)

• Like 1

Do you think the Galaxy series sold so well because of SD cards and removable batteries?

It's marketing, Apple and Samsung spends a ton on marketing to people who are not like us "Edge" users who crave specs and high performance.

The non "Edge" user care more about wow features (eye scrolling and other gimmickie stuff)

And??? Just because we are "edge users," we can't complain or have the right to or that our disappointment does not make sense? I don't understand. Are the "edge users" talking in a different language? Edited by Thai
  • Like 1

1) Some of us have jobs involving travel. No, charging areas arent available everywhere. If Im taking a flight, I need my phone before the flight, and at my destination. Id like to use it on the plane as well.

2) if youre going to advertize "24 hour battery life!" or whatever, and Im locked into a 2 year cotnract, then I damn well expect my phone to run as well in month 21 as it does in month 1. We all know with batteries, thats not the case. Batteries degrade. Quickly. Batteries are the weakest link of any smart phone. If I cant pay $15 to replace my weakest link and have a phone running at 100%, then Im not interested.

All true.  Me too.  But, again, frequent charging kills battery.  You do that...and by 1 year or so, your battery will hold less and less charge.  THIS is when you buy another battery to replace it with and voila, you're back to original battery life (1.2 days). 

And for ME, when battery dies, it IS the end of the world (or sort of speak)...because my work AND home life depends on it.  My phone is also my pager.

Users such as us "Edge" users rarely keeps a phone long enough to suffer from battery degradation.

I have a Note 2 now and if the GS4 or HTC One had more to offer I would have probably upgraded to one of them by now.

My main reason to get this phone is it's rumored tri-band capabilities.

• Like 2

Yes I do think Samsung is number 1 because of the removable batteries and SD slots.

Im saying this based on experience I had at verizon, and anecdotal covnersations with friends and family. When I was at Verizon customer care, every day people would ask me "do I get x or y". Id mention the battery and sd card and thats what theyd go for.

Dont bring Apple into this. People buy the iphone in spite of those limitations, not because of.

When it comes to the android eco-system, there are dozens of options. If youre not going to offer what I consider a critical feature, then I will buy the very popular, and very competent phone that does.

Users such as us "Edge" users rarely keeps a phone long enough to suffer from battery degradation.

I have a Note 2 now and if the GS4 or HTC One had more to offer I would have probably upgraded to one of them by now.

My main reason to get this phone is it's rumored tri-band capabilities.

my reason for getting this phone is the same as yours but I've had a phone with no removable sd card and its a nightmare using mtp to transfer large amounts of data so I cant step to that side again

Yes I do think Samsung is number 1 because of the removable batteries and SD slots.

Im saying this based on experience I had at verizon, and anecdotal covnersations with friends and family. When I was at Verizon customer care, every day people would ask me "do I get x or y". Id mention the battery and sd card and thats what theyd go for.

Dont bring Apple into this. People buy the iphone in spite of those limitations, not because of.

When it comes to the android eco-system, there are dozens of options. If youre not going to offer what I consider a critical feature, then I will buy the very popular, and very competent phone that does.

Most consumers are not like us so called edge users. We are not the priority to these manufacturers.

I don't think you understand that.

If we were every device would be Google Edition and be unlocked from the factory and the Nexus line would be the best selling device worldwide. 

Luckily for the continued existence of the universe, there are many options for charging phone batteries when traveling from big name companies like Energizer. 

No removable battery, No SD card? Well, unless I am mistaken this phone offers something that the entire Samsung/HTC/Apple lineup currently does not: Triband LTE. 

Exactly my point.

Most consumers do not drool over the fastest chipset like we do.

It's the wow gimmick features that appeals to them.

Wow I can facetime, Android had video calls for how many years before apple changed it's name to facetime LOL

Most consumers are not like us so called edge users. We are not the priority to these manufacturers.

I don't think you understand that.

If we were every device would be Google Edition and be unlocked from the factory and the Nexus line would be the best selling device worldwide. 

I dont think you understand that my experience is based on talking to joe sixpack and granny whats-a-phone at Verizon each and every day.

Customers knows batteries suck. Customers know theyre unreliable, cant hold charges after extended periods of time, and are prone to fail.

You tell them phone A lets them replace the battery at home with minimal cost, while phone B requires a very costly mail-in repair....

Well, they picked phone A. Every time.

And if they're still unsure, you tell them for $15 bucks they get huge amounts of space for movies and media? Game over.

Every time.

Luckily for the continued existence of the universe, there are many options for charging phone batteries when traveling from big name companies like Energizer. 

No removable battery, No SD card? Well, unless I am mistaken this phone offers something that the entire Samsung/HTC/Apple lineup currently does not: Triband LTE. 

But, by the time this phone comes to Sprint (Sept or Oct), it won't have the distinction for much longer (if at all).

• Like 1

Well, using Samsung is a good example because they're the only ones that now truly have SD card slots/removable batteries. Apple's been losing ground for years now and Samsung is the number 1 cell phone manufacturer. I'm disappointed with the turn out, too. I may actually skip on this device now. They had my money based on the rumors yesterday but this announcement disappointed me.
  • Like 1

Exactly my point.

Most consumers do not drool over the fastest chipset like we do.

It's the wow gimmick features that appeals to them.

Wow I can facetime, Android had video calls for how many years before apple changed it's name to facetime LOL

Have you used an iPhone lately?  I can tell you that Facetime or iMessage is usually superior in function in real life to most aftermarket Android apps.  I am on Note 2 now...and iMessage is so damn superior to any Adroid messaging app that it is not even funny!

• Like 1