LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

I don't think band 27 is in the US.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

From the list, shows US 800 SMR on Band 27.

From the list, shows US 800 SMR on Band 27.

Just look at the frequency numbers. Band 27 is SMR ONLY. Band 26, which is what Sprint is using, is SMR plus cellular 850. I don't know who Band 27 would be useful for. SouthernLinc maybe, NII, Telus Mike...?

The lack of SVLTE is disappointing :(

It's definitely a feature I would rather have, but now that I think of it, I've never used SVDO or SVLTE so it doesn't really bother me much.  I'm more of a texter than talker, anyways.

It's definitely a feature I would rather have, but now that I think of it, I've never used SVDO or SVLTE so it doesn't really bother me much.  I'm more of a texter than talker, anyways.

I use it all the time! But it won't be that big of a deal since I can still use the Groove IP app for Google Voice VoIP. Sprint+Google voice integration can be handy at times.

i smell an article soon on the wall :D

Im looking forward to an article on this phone. It may be my next device, but i want to see signal strength comparisons before i pick one up. I don't want to get another device with radio issues like the Evo LTE.

• Like 1

I guess no one really took a good look. You do have a seperate transmit point for band 41. Bottom left is band 41 only rx/tx look at the diagram carefully and read the right side as the 3g/band25/band26 tx/rx with other seperste rx antenna locations.

I guess no one really took a good look. You do have a seperate transmit point for band 41. Bottom left is band 41 only rx/tx look at the diagram carefully and read the right side as the 3g/band25/band26 tx/rx with other seperste rx antenna locations.

I guess you are technically correct in that if you are connected to LTE via band 41, I think you should be able to call and use data at the same time.  I could be wrong though but good point.

• Like 1

Uh, no.  Several us know how to interpret FCC OET authorization docs properly.  Now, in showing the antenna diagram, I may not have posted all of the info that I used from the LG G2 filing, but you can trust me that CDMA1X, EV-DO, GSM, W-CDMA, and LTE all share the same transmit path.  Simultaneous use of CDMA1X and LTE, even band 41 TD-LTE, is not supported.

AJ

• Like 1

Uh, no.  Several us know how to interpret FCC OET authorization docs properly.  Now, in showing the antenna diagram, I may not have posted all of the info that I used from the LG G2 filing, but you can trust me that CDMA1X, EV-DO, GSM, W-CDMA, and LTE all share the same transmit path.  Simultaneous use of CDMA1X and LTE, even band 41 TD-LTE, is not supported.

AJ

I'm trying to understand this properly. I have an Evo LTE, when i turn off my data connection i still have 1XRTT. So that means i have 2 radios going at once right? While the G2 is either using LTE or 1X, but not both at the same time?

How does the LG G2 receive a phone call if you are using the data connection?

How does the LG G2 receive a phone call if you are using the data connection?

It does not.  The active data session is interrupted to take the phone call, or the phone call goes directly to voicemail.

AJ

Hm, I was 99% sure my next phone would be the GS4....

Is this something I should be paying attention to? I only know LG as a mid/low end phone maker. You know, like the LG Cosmo 2.

LG awhile back said they were going to go after the big shot, Samsung by offering high end devices on carriers. This LG G2 is supposedly going to be equipped with the monster snapdragon 800 CPU and Triband LTE connectivity.

LG awhile back said they were going to go after the big shot, Samsung by offering high end devices on carriers. This LG G2 is supposedly going to be equipped with the monster snapdragon 800 CPU and Triband LTE connectivity.

Well, do they have a track record or is this their first attemp at the big leagues?