Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Am I the first to report that 51103 is out?

You "outed" the new PRL?  Did anyone alert TMZ?

AJ

• Like 2

Changes i notice (PRL 55021) are LTE come in, then out, then in, then out on a fresh boot. Takes a good 3 minutes for it to "settle' into a stable connection. Not positive this is PRL related though, could be network issue (Houston area).

Changes i notice (PRL 55021) are LTE come in, then out, then in, then out on a fresh boot. Takes a good 3 minutes for it to "settle' into a stable connection. Not positive this is PRL related though, could be network issue (Houston area).

Not seeing that here.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Could be a placebo effect, not sure...but with 51103 my iPhone 6 was on B25 and B41 for 90% of my 40 mile drive home (LA Metro). I should probably keep my eyes on the road...

Edit: that's about 20% more than usual, stuck in traffic with plenty of time for the phone to scan

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

A PRL update will not change your LTE coverage or behavior.. all of the networks you have access to have been programmed in there for years. It's just a list of networks to scan. You're seeing a placebo effect.

-Mike

• Like 1

A PRL update will not change your LTE coverage or behavior.. all of the networks you have access to have been programmed in there for years. It's just a list of networks to scan. You're seeing a placebo effect.

-Mike

Thought so, thanks

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

so if the iphone 5s, iphone 6, LG G2, and LG G3 are all on the same PRL (51103), what does that mean for 1x800 on either phone? do the LG phones now have a low priority on 1x800? or do the iphones now have equal priority on 1x800?

so if the iphone 5s, iphone 6, LG G2, and LG G3 are all on the same PRL (51103), what does that mean for 1x800 on either phone? do the LG phones now have a low priority on 1x800? or do the iphones now have equal priority on 1x800?

Most Sprint phones share the same prl/number. The iPhone's lack of 1x800 voice is an apple issue. The phone just chooses to ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Most Sprint phones share the same prl/number. The iPhone's lack of 1x800 voice is an apple issue. The phone just chooses to ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Not entirely true anymore. I see 1x800 all the time now, on my iPhone 6+.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

Not entirely true anymore. I see 1x800 all the time now, on my iPhone 6+.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

Well, then maybe something has changed with the new 6/6+. I don't ever look, because it's too difficult to check while on a phone call.

Sent from my iPhone 6

The iPhones used to have a PRL that put 1x800 as a lower priority than 1900. Now the phones that support 1x800 apparently are using the same PRL as android phones. On this PRL 1x800 is higher on the scan list, but at the same priority (meaning the phone won't go scanning for 1900 if it has a decent 800 connection, or the other way around).

The iPhones used to have a PRL that put 1x800 as a lower priority than 1900. Now the phones that support 1x800 apparently are using the same PRL as android phones. On this PRL 1x800 is higher on the scan list, but at the same priority (meaning the phone won't go scanning for 1900 if it has a decent 800 connection, or the other way around).

Any proof? lol

Any proof? lol

I was just about to ask that. The iPhone's (with BC 10 support) have been using PRL's that Android phones have been using for a while now. I believe AJ said they avoided 800 most likely because they operate in a Slotted Sleep State mode, so they would usually stick to 1900 (don't quote me on that though).

-Anthony