Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

This is where the confusion with the redundant Sprint PRLs comes into play. Some Tri-Band devices are getting "SV-LTE" PRLs, others aren't. My LG G2 is currently on 55018, after updating PRL right now it gave me 51100. I don't have the expertise to actually tell what the difference between the two series are, we need Digiblur! :)

• Like 1

I can't view the changes in the Note II PRLs as they don't follow the standard numbering scheme. That being said, it should be identical to the 21xxx series, just with 800SMR taken out due to the incompatibility they're still working on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to download the 53133 PRL? I wanted to try putting it on my iPhone 5s.

1st, even jailbroken, you cannot modify the PRL on iPhone 5S and 5C models. They hid the PRL on the Sprint version for some bizarre reason.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

1st, even jailbroken, you cannot modify the PRL on iPhone 5S and 5C models. They hid the PRL on the Sprint version for some bizarre reason.

So weird they would do that... I am jailbroken on my iPhone 5s. Can't I overwrite the carrier.prl file that is currently there on the file system?

So weird they would do that... I am jailbroken on my iPhone 5s. Can't I overwrite the carrier.prl file that is currently there on the file system?

That's what all us 5S users thought, but they moved the carrier.prl file for Sprint models.

That's what all us 5S users thought, but they moved the carrier.prl file for Sprint models.

Wow that stinks. Not sure if I should take this phone back. That is kind of a deal breaker. I took back the S5 because of tons of issues with it.

Wow that stinks. Not sure if I should take this phone back. That is kind of a deal breaker. I took back the S5 because of tons of issues with it.

Why would you take it back? I have great service with this phone, and even have coverage in many places my Nexus 5 can't cling to, surprisingly.

Why would you take it back? I have great service with this phone, and even have coverage in many places my Nexus 5 can't cling to, surprisingly.

Have you had a chance to compare the rf performance vs the nexus 5? I always wondered that and nobody around me has a nexus or android device :(.

And I also have never really had any issues with the 5s. Great phone

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Have you had a chance to compare the rf performance vs the nexus 5? I always wondered that and nobody around me has a nexus or android device :(.

And I also have never really had any issues with the 5s. Great phone

The Nexus 5 is great, but in the desert doesn't really like roaming on Verizon. It has the major advantage of 1x800 vs the iPhone's, and frankly, that will always be the problem with the iPhone until the PRL changes. The key advantage of my 5S is that out in the middle of absolutely nowhere, it picks up native Sprint service almost 30 miles north of Baker, CA, when the Nexus is just picking up roaming. (And no, it's not 1x800, because the Baker, CA site is/was a GMO.)

I should end by saying, the Nexus 5 is a very strong performing phone rf wise, so please nobody misconstrue what I'm saying.

The Nexus 5 is great, but in the desert doesn't really like roaming on Verizon. It has the major advantage of 1x800 vs the iPhone's, and frankly, that will always be the problem with the iPhone until the PRL changes. The key advantage of my 5S is that out in the middle of absolutely nowhere, it picks up native Sprint service almost 30 miles north of Baker, CA, when the Nexus is just picking up roaming. (And no, it's not 1x800, because the Baker, CA site is/was a GMO.)I should end by saying, the Nexus 5 is a very strong performing phone rf wise, so please nobody misconstrue what I'm saying.Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. Always was curious about that

Thank you. Always was curious about that

If you wanted an android device to compliment your iPhone, the Nexus 5 would be perfect.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I wish they would fix the PRL on the iPhone so it would use 1x800 as first priority.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If you wanted an android device to compliment your iPhone, the Nexus 5 would be perfect.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I wish they would fix the PRL on the iPhone so it would use 1x800 as first priority.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

But it's still there. If you need it, and have zero pcs, you'll connect. There's no need to be on 1x800 if you don't need it. It's for coverage expansion.

• Like 1

Well I took it back. I didn't like on the 5s how it attached to 3g more then LTE. I also had the S5 and that phone is a joke. They took out the PRL update menu that the S4 had. I returned the S5 too and am using my 56018 PRL on the S4. I also have LTE and 1x/EVDO on seperate radios again. No band 26 but we don't have it anyway in East Michigan.

Well I took it back. I didn't like on the 5s how it attached to 3g more then LTE. I also had the S5 and that phone is a joke. They took out the PRL update menu that the S4 had. I returned the S5 too and am using my 56018 PRL on the S4. I also have LTE and 1x/EVDO on seperate radios again. No band 26 but we don't have it anyway in East Michigan.

It's a joke because you can't edit the PRL?? Ha.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm surprised you were able to return 2 phones. Holy restocking fees!

I'm surprised you were able to return 2 phones. Holy restocking fees!

Holy restocking fees is right! I turned down a black iPad mini because I wanted the white one more and didn't want to pay the restocking fee.

It's a joke because you can't edit the PRL?? Ha.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That's particularly funny to me mainly because I've yet to have one of the 'easy mode' phones in regards to PRL's....I've had to use QPST on the 2 Android phones I've had thus far.

• Like 1

That's particularly funny to me mainly because I've yet to have one of the 'easy mode' phones in regards to PRL's....I've had to use QPST on the 2 Android phones I've had thus far.

I don't mind a harder way to edit just as long at I can edit it. They did only charge me restocking on one of the phones. I was lucky. Once there is a method out to update PRL on one of the newer phones I'll probably switch to that once and for all. I'm very happy with the S4 though.

I don't mind a harder way to edit just as long at I can edit it. They did only charge me restocking on one of the phones. I was lucky. Once there is a method out to update PRL on one of the newer phones I'll probably switch to that once and for all. I'm very happy with the S4 though.

I think though the point would be that most people would either (a.) be patient enough to wait for the method to be able to switch PRL's to be discovered and publicized and not take the phone back over that minor of an issue, or else (b.) be patient enough to wait for the method to be able to switch PRL's to be discovered/publicized before buying the phone to begin with.  ;)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, nice to have found this site.. I have a question, My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on the Sprint network. I have heard a awful lot about us not really getting what we pay for, as far as service goes.. I do get a lot of dropped calls, plus complaints from people, who call me and claim I never answer. But in fact lots of times my phone when on a call will not let me know when another call is coming in. Sometimes it does. I of course do not know if this is a phone issue, or a network issue..

I do have a custom rom, but it is basically a stock version.. This issue happens no matter what rom I use, even pure stock.. I travel up and down the I-35 corridor daily from Texas through Oklahoma and according to what I have seen on web Sprint does have lots of towers in this area. But my droped calls are enormous. My biggest question is how to determine if the problem with my phone call is a phone issue, or a network issue.. 2) which PRL is considered a better deal for my phone.. The stock PRL I believe 25015 stinks big time.. I am a truck driver, and use my phone all day long, and need to have the ability to make and receive call, with less issues than I currently have..

It seems every time I up grade my phone, sprint tells me that you will get better service, with fewer drop call..BS...Thanks 

Edited by chris47