Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

That works.

I'm going to try to do a comparison of 56029, 56030 (got it eventually), and 55050 some time this weekend.  I know it won't be perfect, but should be somewhat insightful, at least.

- Trip

• Like 12

That works.

I'm going to try to do a comparison of 56029, 56030 (got it eventually), and 55050 some time this weekend.  I know it won't be perfect, but should be somewhat insightful, at least.

- Trip

We eagerly await your analysis! :)

-Anthony

On my iPhone 6 I got 54050 instead of 55050???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54xxx based PRL's are for business accounts.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

54xxx based PRL's are for business accounts.

But I don't have a business account tho

Any idea how to change it to an individual account???

But I don't have a business account tho

Any idea how to change it to an individual account???

That's a good question. The only thing I can think of is to call customer service and see what type of account you have.

That's a good question. The only thing I can think of is to call customer service and see what type of account you have.

Will do thank you very much

Will do thank you very much

I would keep it. It's not hurting anything. If anything is giving you the benefit to roam with a best provider in the area if Sprint does not have good signal... Many people would kill to get this prl with out putting any effort into it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I would keep it. It's not hurting anything. If anything is giving you the benefit to roam with a best provider in the area if Sprint does not have good signal... Many people would kill to get this prl with out putting any effort into it.

Valid point but would they still charge me for roaming ?

Not if you don't go over the allotment. Don't know your situation but I'm going to assume that you don't roam that much. That prl the only thing that is going to give you is 3g service only when you are roaming instead of 1x while roaming.

I wish that we did not have to repeat this so often.  It should be part of the general knowledge base.  A PRL has no effect on roaming charges, only on roaming airlink type and roaming indicator.  Any roaming charges are determined by the back end billing system, regardless of PRL.

AJ

• Like 1

Looks like the main difference between 56029 and 56030 was the removal of the Cricket CDMA/EV-DO.  There were only removals in this change, no additions and no changes from roaming to not roaming or vice versa.

I haven't gone line-by-line, but that seems to be the big difference.  The comparison with 55050 will be more challenging since, of course, it's a different series.  I'll do that later.

- Trip

• Like 4

Changed my mind and tried to do it now.  The key difference between 56030 and 55050, assuming all the reductions in EV-DO are due to change from 56xxx to 55xxx, is Cellcom SIDs 362, 5652, and 5274, now have only 1X roaming, except in NID 7 where EV-DO remains.

- Trip

• Like 5

Changed my mind and tried to do it now.  The key difference between 56030 and 55050, assuming all the reductions in EV-DO are due to change from 56xxx to 55xxx, is Cellcom SIDs 362, 5652, and 5274, now have only 1X roaming, except in NID 7 where EV-DO remains.

That corroborates a recent user report in this thread or another.  He was disappointed and puzzled why he received only CDMA1X roaming on Cellcom in northern Wisconsin.

AJ

Yes and I notice now northern WI isn't part of Roaming+ :(

The updated coverage map still shows Roaming+ under "3G and More"

?

Oh what!?  It looks like Appalachian Wireless is no longer on 3G roaming!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...