Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Wow Chicago at 86% is amazing. I am pretty sure the 86% only means the number of sites that have had some sort of NV upgrades and not the full upgrades for each tower including 3G/4G/800.

I sense your sarcasm sir..... I know its NV only, I was incorrect with my previous post regarding the matter.

I'm just amazed that some of the Texas markets that were launched in July 2012, still have yet to clear over 50%. Even Atlanta that was launched at the same time is only at 52%.

I sense your sarcasm sir..... I know its NV only, I was incorrect with my previous post regarding the matter.

I'm just amazed that some of the Texas markets that were launched in July 2012, still have yet to clear over 50%. Even Atlanta that was launched at the same time is only at 52%.

It can't be that bad, I was in Memphis for New Years and even with less than 6% of the sites converted I had substantial LTE coverage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Wow Chicago at 86% is amazing. I am pretty sure the 86% only means the number of sites that have had some sort of NV upgrades and not the full upgrades for each tower including 3G/4G/800.

There are not many sites in Chicago that are 3G only. And most of those are in the rural west side of the market and are waiting on Microwave links to be established. Chicago is a model market for deployment. I'm not sure where your new hostility has come from. I'm not enjoying it.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Let me just clear the air a bit on my last two posts just so we don't get the wrong idea here :) . Both my last two posts were stemmed from responding to previous posters and not some new sense of hostility towards the NV project or its vendors.

What you're really saying is you wish they would wait and not let the complete technology be usable until they all are ready at a site. Because that is what would happen if they tried to do what you want them to do. I don't want that at all.

Also, don't assume that just because one technology is accepted, doesn't mean they both were not installed at the same time. In most cases, the hardware for all technologies are installed at the same time. For instance, almost always at Samsung sites, CDMA 1900, CDMA 800 and LTE 1900 are all installed at once.

In your frustration, you are making faulty assumptions.

I am not advocating at all that Sprint wait until 3G/800/4G are live before Sprint gives the ok to fire up the tower. I am very happy that Sprint is allows us customers to be able to reap the benefits of the NV upgrades even though the market has not been officially launched yet. I am not sure if you understood what I meant by if sites can be accepted 3G and 4G at the same time. You are absolutely right and I was aware from reading in this forum thanks to your information in the past that at most sites all the vendors do install all the hardware for 3G and 4G at the same time. Because of that fact, this is why I even thought that asking this was a fair question in the first place of whether 3G and 4G can be accepted at the same time. Why not accept both 3G and 4G at the same time when possible given the backhaul is present. Just typing out my thoughts, I just figured the reason most of the time 3G and 4G can't be accepted at the same time is because perhaps by the date of the first inspection, backhaul might not be ready so 4G can't be accepted. I could be totally wrong and maybe all the vendors always do individual upgrades to towers regardless even though all the equipment is installed on there. Maybe 3G and 4G can never been accepted at the same time or maybe they have but I haven't noticed because its too hard to keep track. I don't have a freakin clue about the logistics. Its very apparent that Samsung, Alcatel and Ericcson have different strategies/logistics on how they deploy the NV towers. You are the guru of this information so I wanted to throw this out there so you can clarify this.

There are not many sites in Chicago that are 3G only. And most of those are in the rural west side of the market and are waiting on Microwave links to be established. Chicago is a model market for deployment. I'm not sure where your new hostility has come from. I'm not enjoying it.

My post didn't mention anything specifically about the large number of 3G only sites or NV progress is slow in Chicago at all. From looking at the NV Complete sites map, I can see that Chicago is very far along with NV upgrades and many towers upgraded with both 3G and 4G and it truly is the model market for deployment.

I guess I wanted to just ask/clarify if the percentages on the Running List thread (ex: 86% completed sites in Chicago) means that 86% of Chicago is completed and accepted with 3G/4G or that 86% of Chicago has some sort of NV upgrade accepted (3G only, 4G only, 3G/4G). For non-sponsors or newbies, they don't have the ability to see the NV complete sites map to find out information about individual towers in their area on whether their local towers are currently broadcasting 3G only, 4G only or 3G/4G. Therefore when they read 86% complete they might assume that 86% of the sites complete have been accepted and are currently broadcasting 3G and 4G. Thanks for clarifying that the remaining part of Chicago is just waiting for Microwave backhaul which is why those sites are still 3G only.

Let me just clear the air a bit on my last two posts just so we don't get the wrong idea here :) . Both my last two posts were stemmed from responding to previous posters and not some new sense of hostility towards the NV project or its vendors.

I am not advocating at all that Sprint wait until 3G/800/4G are live before Sprint gives the ok to fire up the tower. I am very happy that Sprint is allows us customers to be able to reap the benefits of the NV upgrades even though the market has not been officially launched yet. I am not sure if you understood what I meant by if sites can be accepted 3G and 4G at the same time. You are absolutely right and I was aware from reading in this forum thanks to your information in the past that at most sites all the vendors do install all the hardware for 3G and 4G at the same time. Because of that fact, this is why I even thought that asking this was a fair question in the first place of whether 3G and 4G can be accepted at the same time. Just typing out my thoughts, I just figured the reason most of the time 3G and 4G can't be accepted at the same time is because perhaps by the date of the first inspection, backhaul might not be ready so 4G can't be accepted. I could be totally wrong and maybe all the vendors always do individual upgrades to towers regardless even though all the equipment is installed on there. Maybe 3G and 4G can never been accepted at the same time or maybe they have but I haven't noticed because its too hard to keep track. I don't have a freakin clue about the logistics. You are the guru of this information so I wanted to throw this out there so you can clarify this.

My post didn't mention anything specifically about the large number of 3G only sites or NV progress is slow in Chicago at all. From looking at the NV Complete sites map, I can see that Chicago is very far along with NV upgrades and many towers upgraded with both 3G and 4G and it truly is the model market for deployment.

I guess I wanted to just ask/clarify if the percentages on the Running List thread (ex: 86% completed sites in Chicago) means that 86% of Chicago is completed and accepted with 3G/4G or that 86% of Chicago has some sort of NV upgrade accepted (3G only, 4G only, 3G/4G). For non-sponsors or newbies, they don't have the ability to see the NV complete sites map to find out information about individual towers in their area on whether their local towers are currently broadcasting 3G only, 4G only or 3G/4G. Therefore when they read 86% complete they might assume that 86% of the sites complete have been accepted and are currently broadcasting 3G and 4G. Thanks for clarifying that the remaining part of Chicago is just waiting for Microwave backhaul which is why those sites are still 3G only.

The percentage complete is the percentage of sites that have had some sort of Network Vision acceptance. We can't use a percentage of totally complete with all three technologies, because we don't know what that is. Some sites do not get 800, we don't know which ones. Some sites do not get LTE, and we do not know which ones. This is the best we can do. And since most sites have all hardware installed at once, even when only one technology is accepted at a site, the rest is a formality.

As for inspections, Sprint would love for each site to be fully ready at inspection with all technologies fully functioning. However, if only one technology can pass inspection and is ready, they will accept it, and they allow us to use it. Pretty cool. This is a very good thing, not a bad thing at all.

Did you know that most sites do not pass inspection the first time? There are hundreds of things being checked. The inspectors create a punch list of items needing correction. Once a technology has everything complete to passable, it is accepted, regardless of the other technologies.

Robert

• Like 4

Funny enough that I have a member of my family who lives surrounded by towers which have been upgraded, except the one that serves his building. If he walks down a few blocks, he gets full LTE/Enhanced 3G.

You also have to remember that firing up 4G is easy in most aspects. No customers to worry about shutting them down, you can turn it on and off at will, do whatever you want to it. If it isn't available the customers phones will happily use 3G. Now 3G/1X is a different ball game. You have to make sure it works right, the coverage is right, hand offs, etc as it is voice coverage and also deals with the ever important 911 service.

• Like 1

You also have to remember that firing up 4G is easy in most aspects. No customers to worry about shutting them down, you can turn it on and off at will, do whatever you want to it. If it isn't available the customers phones will happily use 3G. Now 3G/1X is a different ball game. You have to make sure it works right, the coverage is right, hand offs, etc as it is voice coverage and also deals with the ever important 911 service.

Oh yea trust me, I know exactly how it it works for a deployment of a site. First hand experience.

Not sure if this has been aswered in the past or not as of yet. Would it be safe to say if your city is not on the 4G roll out list but is already a fully developed WIMax City. That you pretty much can count you will be on the bottom of the list as far as deployments go?

Not sure if this has been aswered in the past or not as of yet. Would it be safe to say if your city is not on the 4G roll out list but is already a fully developed WIMax City. That you pretty much can count you will be on the bottom of the list as far as deployments go?

All the remaining markets should start within the next 3 months.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thanks Robert. Hows the Note II? looks like that will be my pick when my VZ Contract ends early March. Have not found a store out here with anything other than dummy phones to look at as of yet.

Thanks Robert. Hows the Note II? looks like that will be my pick when my VZ Contract ends early March. Have not found a store out here with anything other than dummy phones to look at as of yet.

It's a great device. It is very large though and not for everyone.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Funny enough that I have a member of my family who lives surrounded by towers which have been upgraded, except the one that serves his building. If he walks down a few blocks, he gets full LTE/Enhanced 3G.

This is exactly my situation at school :P

All the remaining markets should start within the next 3 months.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Do you think the markets that just started (<10%) will speed up in the next few months too?

I love my Note 2, best mobile device I have ever owned.

Same here LOVE this phone. Awesome.

Have mine in an otterbox defender as I didn't want any oops to happen and needed the grip on the back. Still works just fine as a one handed phone. Fits just fine in the jeans front pocket.

Sounds funny but a family member handed me the evo lte in an otterbox and it just felt small. A coworker showed me a picture on his iphone5 and wow.. Felt like a kids toy.

I wouldn't have any other device on Sprint right now.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 5

:td: That was a bad break up me and Ms EVO LTE ;) Kinda like the chick in the bar on Sat night, she's real fun at first and you are having a blast, the 2am roach lights kick on, your buzz winds down to zero, and you get her outside. You quickly realize she's got a few problems.
  • Like 2

:td: That was a bad break up me and Ms EVO LTE ;) Kinda like the chick in the bar on Sat night' date=' she's real fun at first and you are having a blast, the 2am roach lights kick on, your buzz winds down to zero, and you get her outside. You quickly realize she's got a few problems.[/quote']

Ha ha ha!