Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I've been told by numerous reps at the main store/service center in Pittsburgh, PA that they expect LTE to launch here in Feb 2013. However, I've seen no official mention of Pittsburgh in the deployment rounds at all on here or Sprint's site.

Has anyone heard mention of Pittsburgh?

I'm really hoping the reps in the store aren't blowing smoke up everyone's arse...that'd prove really bad for Sprint here, where they already have a tainted reputation for their coverage and false promises from years past. And I'm hopeful I get to use the LTE on my new phone before it's time to upgrade again. I'm already missing the 4-8mbps WiMax coverage I got on my Evo Shift. lol

Thanks in advance for any information anyone is willing to share. I'm checking out the sponsorship options now, and will hopefully be able to pitch some cash next payday. I love sprint...and the LTE deployment is very important to me.

I've been told by numerous reps at the main store/service center in Pittsburgh, PA that they expect LTE to launch here in Feb 2013. However, I've seen no official mention of Pittsburgh in the deployment rounds at all on here or Sprint's site.

Has anyone heard mention of Pittsburgh?

I'm really hoping the reps in the store aren't blowing smoke up everyone's arse...that'd prove really bad for Sprint here, where they already have a tainted reputation for their coverage and false promises from years past. And I'm hopeful I get to use the LTE on my new phone before it's time to upgrade again. I'm already missing the 4-8mbps WiMax coverage I got on my Evo Shift. lol

Thanks in advance for any information anyone is willing to share. I'm checking out the sponsorship options now, and will hopefully be able to pitch some cash next payday. I love sprint...and the LTE deployment is very important to me.

It will not launch by then. It may start by then and some signals may start going live as each site is complete. A market launch before summer in your market is unlikely.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

The Sponsor-Only NV Sites Complete map has been updated, and the Running List will be soon. Here are a few highlights:

• NV equipment is on nearly three-quarters of Chicago's cell sites. Discounting 3G-only sites, the completed site count is still above 40%.
  • 20% of Indianapolis's sites have 4G online.
  • Nearly two-thirds of the PR/VI market has NV equipment online. One-quarter of complete sites have 4G accepted as well as 3G.
  • The SF Bay market is now 22% complete. Over 70% of completed sites have 4G online.
  • In Ericsson-land, 46% of Atlanta/Athens sites have 4G turned on. Percentages for Kansas, Houston, San Antonio and DFW are 41%, 40%, 39% and 30%, respectively. The Austin market is now 16% 4G-enabled.
  • Baltimore and Boston are, respectively, 52% and 38% upgraded. Roughly half of NV complete towers are 4G enabled in these markets.
  • The LA Metro market is a little over one-quarter NV complete, though a little over 40% of NV complete sites in the market are still 3G-only.
  • Washington D.C. is 29% NV complete, though most sites only have 3G online.
  • New York City is around one-sixth NV complete, though most of its NV sites are also 3G-only.

Whew, that's a lot of information. There's more where that came from in if you're a Sponsor, though.

• Like 8

So if Baltimore continues with 8-10 sites a week, which is apparently equivalent to 1% of the total towers, wouldn't we only be at 60% or so in February 2013? How do you calculate the "Production Rate Completion"?

So if Baltimore continues with 8-10 sites a week, which is apparently equivalent to 1% of the total towers, wouldn't we only be at 60% or so in February 2013? How do you calculate the "Production Rate Completion"?

The production rate was not updated the past few updates. There is a problem with the way it is being calculated. It is supposed to be based on three week average. But something has gone wonky with the formula. So I haven't updated it recently.

I don't know if any body asked this or not but I was just wondering if there is going to a 4th round market that you will post later on when it gets closer to the start of there NV upgrades. I was wondering because I am in the eastern Iowa area I was told that we will have LTE here in April.

I don't know if any body asked this or not but I was just wondering if there is going to a 4th round market that you will post later on when it gets closer to the start of there NV upgrades. I was wondering because I am in the eastern Iowa area I was told that we will have LTE here in April.

We post what we know, when we know it. We don't know what kind of information we will get in the future. Our information comes from internal confidential sources.

Robert

Remote Radio Unit... A box behind the antenna with the transmitters and receivers. When they use a RRU it eliminates the losses from the long cable runs from the antenna to the ground mounted equipment which can be significant.

Ah, i have no clue. Just saw 3 or 4 trucks at the site for a few weeks then they were gone..

And sometimes Robert gets overzealous when torturing the poor victim he pulls the trigger too soon before he's able to ring out all the information from them. That's what's causing these delays. Blame Robert and his happy-go-lucky trigger finger. ;)

We post what we know, when we know it. We don't know what kind of information we will get in the future. Our information comes from internal confidential sources.

Robert

And sometimes Robert gets overzealous when torturing the poor victim he pulls the trigger too soon before he's able to ring out all the information from them. That's what's causing these delays. Blame Robert and his happy-go-lucky trigger finger. ;)

At S4GRU, vee have vays of making our sources talk.

AAAADP-clHcAAAAAAGUxNA.jpg?v=1249966139000

AJ

• Like 1

The latest revision of the Running List will be out soon. In addition to Sprint's city launches (which are significantly more conservative than their market launches from months ago) here are a few interesting things coming down the pike, divided by NV vendor since there's a lot of news here:

Samsung

• Chicago is even closer to 75% NV Complete than it was last week. Even when considering only sites that Sprint has accepted on the 4G side, you're looking at 45% completion. Also of note, roughly 26% of Chicago market sites have 1x in SMR live (using Network Vision equipment). This should provide a healthy boost to signal levels for anyone with a reasonably recent phone in that area.
  • Sprint's PR/VI market is a hairbreadth away from 70% upgraded. Only a little over one-third of complete sites have gone live with 4G, but the number of 3G-only NV upgraded sites is decreasing even as the number of upgraded sites increases.
  • Indianapolis coverage may start out a bit thin even though Sprint has now officially launched the city; the entire market is only 22% NV complete. That said, markets aren't just city-sized, so the number is actually better than it looks.
  • The SF Bay market got a large update this week, pushing it over 25% complete, with most sites having 4G live. The South Bay market is now 12% complete, with practically every tower broadcasting LTE.
  • Sites are live in Colorado (3G only for the moment) and Northern Wisconsin (one 4G site).

Alcatel-Lucent

• Baltimore and Boston are, respectively, 54% and 39% NV complete, though there are still many 3G-only NV upgraded sites in both markets.
  • Long Island got its first (3G only) site accepted this week. The NYC market showed some growth as well, with a double-handful of sites getting 4G turned on. Upstate NY got some NV upgrades as well, though no 4G sites have been accepted in that region quite yet.
  • Myrtle Beach got its first two NV sites accepted this week (3G only).
  • Northern CT got its first (3G) NV site. VT/NH/ME got a more sizable update, but doesn't have accepted LTE sites yet.
  • Washington D.C. is now 31% NV complete. We're starting to see a significant number of LTE sites in that market, though most are still 3G-only.

Ericsson

• Alabama got its first NV sites accepted this week, though there's no 4G in the market from Sprint quite yet.
  • ATL/Athens is now 48% complete. The Georgia market (which does not include Atlanta and Athens) is 8% complete, but is mostly 3G-only.
  • Kansas is now 42% NV complete. Like ATL, all but a few sites have LTE online.
  • Nashville got a fair-sized NV update this week, though that only gets it to 2% NV complete.

Other markets got more minor updates.

Curious about more precise update counts, or where updated sites are? The Sponsors section has that information.

Also, if you're about to whine about Sprint not getting LTE in your market quickly enough, don't. No new sites were updated in my market this week, but there's really nothing I can do but wait for more sites to go online...which will happen. Eventually one of the multiple hundreds of NV updates that Sprint accepts each week (and this week was a big one for updates) will be them adding LTE to the tower nearest me...and at some point your market will get a similar update. Just give it time :)

• Like 7

The latest revision of the Running List will be out soon. In addition to Sprint's city launches (which are significantly more conservative than their market launches from months ago) here are a few interesting things coming down the pike, divided by NV vendor since there's a lot of news here:

Samsung

• Chicago is even closer to 75% NV Complete than it was last week. Even when considering only sites that Sprint has accepted on the 4G side, you're looking at 45% completion. Also of note, roughly 26% of Chicago market sites have 1x in SMR live (using Network Vision equipment). This should provide a healthy boost to signal levels for anyone with a reasonably recent phone in that area.
  • Sprint's PR/VI market is a hairbreadth away from 70% upgraded. Only a little over one-third of complete sites have gone live with 4G, but the number of 3G-only NV upgraded sites is decreasing even as the number of upgraded sites increases.
  • Indianapolis coverage may start out a bit thin even though Sprint has now officially launched the city; the entire market is only 22% NV complete. That said, markets aren't just city-sized, so the number is actually better than it looks.
  • The SF Bay market got a large update this week, pushing it over 25% complete, with most sites having 4G live. The South Bay market is now 12% complete, with practically every tower broadcasting LTE.
  • Sites are live in Colorado (3G only for the moment) and Northern Wisconsin (one 4G site).

Alcatel-Lucent

• Baltimore and Boston are, respectively, 54% and 39% NV complete, though there are still many 3G-only NV upgraded sites in both markets.
  • Long Island got its first (3G only) site accepted this week. The NYC market showed some growth as well, with a double-handful of sites getting 4G turned on. Upstate NY got some NV upgrades as well, though no 4G sites have been accepted in that region quite yet.
  • Myrtle Beach got its first two NV sites accepted this week (3G only).
  • Northern CT got its first (3G) NV site. VT/NH/ME got a more sizable update, but doesn't have accepted LTE sites yet.
  • Washington D.C. is now 31% NV complete. We're starting to see a significant number of LTE sites in that market, though most are still 3G-only.

Ericsson

• Alabama got its first NV sites accepted this week, though there's no 4G in the market from Sprint quite yet.
  • ATL/Athens is now 48% complete. The Georgia market (which does not include Atlanta and Athens) is 8% complete, but is mostly 3G-only.
  • Kansas is now 42% NV complete. Like ATL, all but a few sites have LTE online.
  • Nashville got a fair-sized NV update this week, though that only gets it to 2% NV complete.

Other markets got more minor updates.

Curious about more precise update counts, or where updated sites are? The Sponsors section has that information.

Also, if you're about to whine about Sprint not getting LTE in your market quickly enough, don't. No new sites were updated in my market this week, but there's really nothing I can do but wait for more sites to go online...which will happen. Eventually one of the multiple hundreds of NV updates that Sprint accepts each week (and this week was a big one for updates) will be them adding LTE to the tower nearest me...and at some point your market will get a similar update. Just give it time :)

It was a lean week in the whole state of Texas. It's almost like no inspection happened there this week.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Thanks brotha.. odds are I'll pick up a LTE device once they light up at least sac... Which will put me into the norm im used to anyways. Sac looking at the same time frame?

Any updates on the northern california areas? North of sacramento. I know were getting alot of backhaul, data speed and voice upgrades. But thats about it news wise

Aloha! I can confirm at this time that Hawaii is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision/LTE deployment. Stay tuned to S4GRU.com for more updates about the Hawaii market in the future.

Robert

Any new updates on Hawaii or Honolulu? I notice we've been left out of the third round updates list. Is this list complete? Is there a fourth round?

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm getting really fed up with the poor Sprint service in Hawaii. Speeds have really degraded in recent months - I rarely get > 300kbps on my Evo LTE. I'm seriously considering moving to T-Mo on a Straight Talk month to month until Sprint actually launches here.

Any new updates on Hawaii or Honolulu? I notice we've been left out of the third round updates list. Is this list complete? Is there a fourth round?

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm getting really fed up with the poor Sprint service in Hawaii. Speeds have really degraded in recent months - I rarely get > 300kbps on my Evo LTE. I'm seriously considering moving to T-Mo on a Straight Talk month to month until Sprint actually launches here.

Then you should actually consider doing so, if sprint cannot currently meet your needs. Since you have the EVO LTE, I assume you signed up for a contract. You should suspend your account and use another carrier until sprints start updating towers in your market. Remember a launch date means nothing as far as coverage it is simply a public announcement.

Then you should actually consider doing so, if sprint cannot currently meet your needs. Since you have the EVO LTE, I assume you signed up for a contract. You should suspend your account and use another carrier until sprints start updating towers in your market. Remember a launch date means nothing as far as coverage it is simply a public announcement.

I'm going to wait it out until end of January, then move if I don't hear anything positive by then. The Nexus 4 is sold out till then anyway. I'm pretty fed up with Sprint's service at this point, which is saying a lot since I'm a 10+ year Sprint customer.

I'm going to wait it out until end of January, then move if I don't hear anything positive by then. The Nexus 4 is sold out till then anyway. I'm pretty fed up with Sprint's service at this point, which is saying a lot since I'm a 10+ year Sprint customer.

I can tell you now that not much, if any work, will be done in your market by the end of January if they haven't already started. Don't worry though because as you know the improvements are coming.

It is highly unlikely that any work will begin in the Honolulu market in the next 3 months. However, there have been a few market surprises by Alcatel Lucent. But I wouldn't hold out hope. Sounds like putting Sprint on seasonal hold and doing something else temporarily may work well in your instance.

Take note on the 800smr. Currently 55009 and 56009 PRLs that they world phone LTE devices such as the iphone5, Note2, Photon Q, etc, do not have SMR support at this time. I am not sure why this is done as Sprint could save roaming charges with an easy upgrade of the prl on these devices.

If anyone has the ability to write a PRL and lives in Chicago or Baltimore area and would like to test a PRL for 800SMR let me know. It's easy on a phone such as the Note2 as it does not require a PC, root, or even your MSL for that matter.

Sent from a little old Note 2

If anyone has the ability to write a PRL and lives in Chicago or Baltimore area and would like to test a PRL for 800SMR let me know. It's easy on a phone such as the Note2 as it does not require a PC, root, or even your MSL for that matter.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Writing a PRL to turn on a band on your phone Sprint hasn't is ok with them?