Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Super bad typos on my part. When I read I post I made I sometime read what I thought I wrote.

I don't know the rules for hacking/modding/programming a phone but it sure seems like messing with the PRL would be a big no no. Turning on a band Sprint has not yet on the phone even more so. I know people do it, even forcing roaming. I always thought that was something you could get into big trouble doing. I guess not. So PRL modding is ok with Sprint and the FCC?

Super bad typos on my part. When I read I post I made I sometime read what I thought I wrote.

I don't know the rules for hacking/modding/programming a phone but it sure seems like messing with the PRL would be a big no no. Turning on a band Sprint has not yet on the phone even more so. I know people do it, even forcing roaming. I always thought that was something you could get into big trouble doing. I guess not. So PRL modding is ok with Sprint and the FCC?

I don't think they would give exactly roll out the red carpet for people to change it but its not like its a criminal offense. Am sure there may even be something in the tos against it.

So PRL modding is ok with Sprint and the FCC?

All that a PRL does is help a device acquire a specific system, band, and/or channel. It does not force the device to use only that system, band, and/or channel. If Sprint does not want subs using CDMA1X 800 right now, Sprint can easily enough redirect devices that land on CDMA1X 800.

AJ

All that a PRL does is help a device acquire a specific system, band, and/or channel. It does not force the device to use only that system, band, and/or channel. If Sprint does not want subs using CDMA1X 800 right now, Sprint can easily enough redirect devices that land on CDMA1X 800.

AJ

My thoughts exactly as well, just like several years ago if you roamed on 3G with VZW you would not be able to authenticate. It just wasn't allowed. If they don't want you "there" then they can stop it.

It is highly unlikely that any work will begin in the Honolulu market in the next 3 months. However, there have been a few market surprises by Alcatel Lucent. But I wouldn't hold out hope. Sounds like putting Sprint on seasonal hold and doing something else temporarily may work well in your instance.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

One thing to note about Seasonal Standby: it extends your contract. Every day you keep your phone in standby adds another day to your 24-month agreement, and to your 20-month upgrade date as well. This makes it a very untenable option for many people.

• Like 1

One thing to note about Seasonal Standby: it extends your contract. Every day you keep your phone in standby adds another day to your 24-month agreement' date=' and to your 20-month upgrade date as well. This makes it a very untenable option for many people.[/quote']

It extends the 20 month upgrade? It sure didn't on my 22 month upgrade cycle on my EVO Shift. I'm eligible, but I have to take the line out of standby in order to use it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

It extends the 20 month upgrade? It sure didn't on my 22 month upgrade cycle on my EVO Shift. I'm eligible, but I have to take the line out of standby in order to use it.

Well, it's supposed to. Things get funny with upgrades, sometimes. I've seen them be all over the place for seemingly no reason, including people signing up for new service, with a contract - and an immediate upgrade date, despite a subsidized phone.

Well, it's supposed to. Things get funny with upgrades, sometimes. I've seen them be all over the place for seemingly no reason, including people signing up for new service, with a contract - and an immediate upgrade date, despite a subsidized phone.

That happened to my friend. He bought the iPhone 4S and right after that, he cancelled his data card, which was due for an upgrade, and the system transferred his upgrade to his main phone. He still has that upgrade to use at any time. I was trying to use it to get an iPhone 5 a few months ago, but business slowed to a crawl all summer, so I didn't have the extra income to afford it.

• Like 1

Yeah, my parents got the Samsung Replenish as their first Sprint phones. Someone told them that it was a horrible phone, so they were planning to return it. They went onto the Sprint site and it said they were eligible for an upgrade. They got 4Ses. The Samsungs are sitting in a box somewhere.

If you put your account on standby' date=' what happens to incoming calls? Goes straight to voicemail?[/quote']

The system relays a message that the person you are calling isn't available to accept calls. You would have to notify everyone that your number has changed.

The Running List will be updated soon...Merry Christmas by the way...and here are some highlights:

Ericsson:

• Atlanta/Athens is now 49% NV complete. Georgia outside of the area is about one-eighth upgraded, albeit only with 3G.
  • In Texas, Austin market, as a whole, is now 20% upgraded. DFW is 34% done, thanks to a big update this week. Houston is 42% done, while San Antonio is 45% complete.
  • Miami/West Palm now has 8% of its sites LTE-enabled. Orlando got a few new sites as well, but nothing to write home about.

Alcatel-Lucent:

• Baltimore is 57% NV complete. About 60% of those have 4G online. Boston is about 40% complete, with half of complete towers being accepted for LTE.
  • LA is 27% complete; about two-thirds of LA sites are accepted for LTE. Orange County is now a little over 5% complete.
  • Long Island is about 3% complete, albeit only on the 3G side. NYC on the other hand is around 19% complete, with a bit over one-third of sites 4G-enabled.
  • Norfolk's NV deployment just started, but due to the smallish size of the market, it's already over 3% complete.
  • Washington D.C. is now 32% NV complete, but only one-sixth of sites have LTE online.

Samsung

• Fort Wayne/South Bend is about 16% NV complete, all with LTE turned on. Indianapolis is 23% complete.
  • Sprint's Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands market is nearly three-quarters upgraded, though only a little over 40% have 4G turned on.
  • The SF Bay market is 27% complete. Roughly three-quarters have LTE accepted. The South Bay market is about 13% complete, with nearly all sites sporting LTE.

Want more information, including site locations and listings of sites that are in-progress but haven't been accepted by Sprint quite yet? Become a Sponsor and you'll get exactly that :)

• Like 12

Even though we have 4G in our title, all Sprint related posts are welcome. Heck, soon we will all be using 4G anyway, right? We also accept topics for things not related to Sprint, but interesting to those who use these pages.

I appreciate your posts and it's good to have someone with your background around here. You are in a position to help guide our members and help set the record straight regarding subjects that you may understand better. Your insight is appreciated.

Robert, S4GRU

Posted via Forum Runner

Hmm.... Sorry if this has been asked before but.... Just what does S4GRU mean? I can guess 2 of them but still....

Here is a little surprise gift I received yesterday on the way home. I was on US1 in Hobe Sound, Florida when I noticed my 4G indicator was on. I started doing speed tests right away and was pleased to see that the strongest signals were right near my home. I don't know if I am in the Orlando market (extreme South end) or the Miami/West Palm market (extreme North end) - both are just getting started (% wise) with the NV upgrades. I guess I am fortunate to be near some of the earlier towers to be upgraded. This is a speed test I did this morning from inside my house. Results ranged anywhere from around 17 Mbps down/6 Mbps up to those shown below.

post-6926-0-90018800-1356618243_thumb.png

Here is a little surprise gift I received yesterday on the way home. I was on US1 in Hobe Sound, Florida when I noticed my 4G indicator was on. I started doing speed tests right away and was pleased to see that the strongest signals were right near my home. I don't know if I am in the Orlando market (extreme South end) or the Miami/West Palm market (extreme North end) - both are just getting started (% wise) with the NV upgrades. I guess I am fortunate to be near some of the earlier towers to be upgraded. This is a speed test I did this morning from inside my house. Results ranged anywhere from around 17 Mbps down/6 Mbps up to those shown below.

Speedtest.PNG

Hobe Sound is the far south end of the Orlando market. The site went live last Thursday. It is shown on the NV Sites complete map in our Sponsor section.

I'm looking forward to LTE appearing in my area. Congrats.

Hobe Sound is the far south end of the Orlando market. The site went live last Thursday. It is shown on the NV Sites complete map in our Sponsor section.

I'm looking forward to LTE appearing in my area. Congrats.

Thanks for the info, Robert. I've been lurking here for a while gleaning what I can. Even though I've got LTE at home now, I decided to become a sponsor to show my appreciation for what everyone at S4GRU is doing. Also, I work in Jupiter (far North end of the Miami/West Palm market), so I'll still be tracking progress in that area. Thanks again to you and everyone at S4GRU!

• Like 5

Thanks for the info, Robert. I've been lurking here for a while gleaning what I can. Even though I've got LTE at home now, I decided to become a sponsor to show my appreciation for what everyone at S4GRU is doing. Also, I work in Jupiter (far North end of the Miami/West Palm market), so I'll still be tracking progress in that area. Thanks again to you and everyone at S4GRU!

A site went live near Jupiter last Thursday too. Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

Actually I changed my mind and banned DetroitFlyer. I will not apologize for Sprint or make excuses for them. Sprint is months behind schedule in Michigan. So be it. But the first site completed in Howell, Michigan today. Your attack was very untimely.

And since I have New Years Eve plans tonight, I don't have time for games. So I chose the path that was most expedient for my schedule. And that timing was unfortunate for a troll like DetroitFlyer.

• Like 16

Are the NV running list percentages going to be updated to reflect the 200 sites that were accepted last week? I guess since its so close to new week that the number of sites can be lumped into this upcoming week and be updated. Hoping to see more progress made in LA Metro and NYC since Sprint needs to get those markets closer to being launch ready as well as major progress in Chicago so that they can hurry up and move its crews to other Samsung markets which are in need of getting started.