Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I have a question about the Oklahoma market. I have read that we are a market expecting to begin soon, and ive heard we may have live LTE in a few cow towns. Tulsa LTE is going to be a 5x5 and what about OKC? is it 10x10? I hope sprint anticipates the users in oklahoma better than they did with their 3g buildout. Our 3g is still very weak and spotty in much of tulsa. and especially dense suburbs like broken arrow. :blink: Ever since their roaming agreement in the rural parts fell through, and failed wimax Sprint's reputation in OK has gone to :frantic::realitycheck:

I have a question about the Oklahoma market. I have read that we are a market expecting to begin soon, and ive heard we may have live LTE in a few cow towns. Tulsa LTE is going to be a 5x5 and what about OKC? is it 10x10? I hope sprint anticipates the users in oklahoma better than they did with their 3g buildout. Our 3g is still very weak and spotty in much of tulsa. and especially dense suburbs like broken arrow. :blink: Ever since their roaming agreement in the rural parts fell through, and failed wimax Sprint's reputation in OK has gone to :frantic::realitycheck:

All Sprint LTE is 5x5 initially with a max speed of 37.5Mbps.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

So does LTE advanced come back and do 10x10 everywhere? or are they only running 10x10 in giant markets?

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that sprint won't do 10x10 at all, just multiple 5x5 for capacity purposes. Once phones (or tablets) start supporting carrier aggregation, 2 5x5 should perform as well as a 10x10 so going for multiple 5x5 channels seems like a better plan for me if I was sprint. Correct me if I'm wrong though :P

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that sprint won't do 10x10 at all, just multiple 5x5 for capacity purposes. Once phones (or tablets) start supporting carrier aggregation, 2 5x5 should perform as well as a 10x10 so going for multiple 5x5 channels seems like a better plan for me if I was sprint. Correct me if I'm wrong though :P

i did quote you ;) but i like the idea of 5x5 and just running more as needed. Sounds like an efficient solution. I would love to see an LTE connection in Tulsa from Sprint soon, Verizon has had LTE here since mid 2011 and AT&T got it turned on in November.

i did quote you ;) but i like the idea of 5x5 and just running more as needed. Sounds like an efficient solution. I would love to see an LTE connection in Tulsa from Sprint soon, Verizon has had LTE here since mid 2011 and AT&T got it turned on in November.

Most of the current LTE phones only support 5x5 carriers. I wouldn't expect to see anything bigger until Clearwire's BRS spectrum comes into play. Sprint can monkey around current PCS spectrum for additional 5x5 LTE carriers, if needed.

Most of the current LTE phones only support 5x5 carriers. I wouldn't expect to see anything bigger until Clearwire's BRS spectrum comes into play. Sprint can monkey around current PCS spectrum for additional 5x5 LTE carriers, if needed.

Lucky for those with an iPhone 5 then? It supports 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20MHz carriers (from what I've read)

Lucky for those with an iPhone 5 then? It supports 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20MHz carriers (from what I've read)

Most of the newer phones support multiple carrier sizes, but all the originals were 5x5 only.

Man I'm trying to keep the faith but when is Orlando going to REALLY get underway? Seems like all the in progress sites have been that way for quite a number of weeks... :-(

City and County inspections have to be signed off, then Sprint's hired inspectors have to sign off of them, then Sprint can mark the sites complete. It can take time for all this to happen.

City and County inspections have to be signed off, then Sprint's hired inspectors have to sign off of them, then Sprint can mark the sites complete. It can take time for all this to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I get that there's probably a logistical mountain to climb to make each site happen (to say nothing of dealing with I-4 traffic), I'm just venting and wishing out loud that Sprint would launch Orlando already (or at least the Ocoee area if I can be selfish) :-)

Don't get me wrong, I get that there's probably a logistical mountain to climb to make each site happen (to say nothing of dealing with I-4 traffic), I'm just venting and wishing out loud that Sprint would launch Orlando already (or at least the Ocoee area if I can be selfish) :-)

I totally understand you on that. You also have contractors who are sitting on building permits for some reason or another and maybe they are understaffed. And for me, seeing that the Lower Central Valley market still hasn't started while even Vegas has is a strain to bear with, but I'm holding on. And I like being selfish too, but Sprint won't pay attention to me either. :(

I totally understand you on that. You also have contractors who are sitting on building permits for some reason or another and maybe they are understaffed. And for me, seeing that the Lower Central Valley market still hasn't started while even Vegas has is a strain to bear with, but I'm holding on. And I like being selfish too, but Sprint won't pay attention to me either. :(

LOL, yeah they forgot to ask me in what order I wanted the towers deployed in Orlando. Oh well, maybe next time :-)

LOL, yeah they forgot to ask me in what order I wanted the towers deployed in Orlando. Oh well, maybe next time :-)

LOL. The biggest problem is that they didn't get to pick them either. It's based on availability of backhaul now. So you would have to had access to the backhaul vendor for your area to get your site a priority.

LOL. The biggest problem is that they didn't get to pick them either. It's based on availability of backhaul now. So you would have to had access to the backhaul vendor for your area to get your site a priority.

Well my partner has as a student someone who's subcontracting for Ericcson and claimed that the backhaul was already put in place at the tower that serves me, and 3G does seem somewhat liveable at times, but it's still kind of a hot mess and far from LTE. Oh well, I just hope Robert doesn't mind the fact that I check that Site Complete map at least twice a day. :ninja:

Most of the newer phones support multiple carrier sizes, but all the originals were 5x5 only.

Not that it will matter, but the EVO LTE is one of the early LTE handsets, and it supports 10 MHz FDD carriers, too. The 5 MHz FDD limitation seems to be a Sprint-Samsung phenomenon. See our series of FCC OET device authorization breakdown articles:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-333-sur-la-tablet-apple-ipad-4-ipad-mini-add-sprint-lte-support/

AJ

LOL.. I am paying Sprint

Almost 160.00 month for this

These data speeds. Just like you

I'm trying to be patient

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

post-503-13608577827804_thumb.jpg

Haven't looked at the running list in a while. I see ABQ market is a third round. Exciting

It was put there because of the GMO work. It is still not known when they will start full build site work.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I'm in Sherman Oaks today, and I gotta say, if the LTE here is anything like what Orlando will eventually get, I'll be very happy with 4G. Consistently getting between 8-10Mbps Down, about 1.5Mbps Up, which in some cases is like 100x better than what I get in the Orlando area.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know of this question has been asked before but....... After markets are 100% complete such as Chicago or Puerto Rico for example will the OEM's send workers from those areas to other areas within their respective territories to help finish other markets builds

I dont know of this question has been asked before but....... After markets are 100% complete such as Chicago or Puerto Rico for example will the OEM's send workers from those areas to other areas within their respective territories to help finish other markets builds

OEM's hire local contractors to do the work, so feasibly, no. But if that local contractor were to be hired by the OEM to travel to another location to work on the buildout there, then yes. In some cases, this is how it's being done.

• Like 2

Any info about Northern Central Valley? I'm in Redding CA and just this week my EVDO speeds went form the 300kbps they've been over the last year to a consistent 1.5Mbps+. I'm assuming that means backhaul upgrades got put in but I'm wondering if there's any info you guys might have. Come payday (friday) I'll be throwing a few bucks in for the site so I can see the juicy stuff.

• Like 1

Any info about Northern Central Valley? I'm in Redding CA and just this week my EVDO speeds went form the 300kbps they've been over the last year to a consistent 1.5Mbps+. I'm assuming that means backhaul upgrades got put in but I'm wondering if there's any info you guys might have. Come payday (friday) I'll be throwing a few bucks in for the site so I can see the juicy stuff.

Redding is in the Upper Central Valley market with Sacramento. Work is just now starting to mobilize and begin in this market. We are probably still a few months before sites start being accepted complete in the UCV. Stay tuned.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk