Samsung GS4 SPH-L720T [TRI-BAND] (was "Sprint GS4 with Tri-Band support this Fall Official Thread")

Ascertion

Is there no hope for 2013?

No.  You lost hope long before that.

AJ

• Like 1

Ive been very hopeful for a September-October triband phone. Thats why Im sitting on my upgrade and still using the galaxy 2.

Well I hope you don't wait too long for your upgrade for a GS4 triband phone because it may never come.  If it were to come out in October, we should be seeing a FCC filing relatively soon

Figured since I read a post from Robert confirming this, I figured we should make a thread about it and compile all of the information we find.  Anyone think it'll have the Snapdragon 800 in it?  If there's really an S4 w/ Tri-band support, I'll definitely hold out for it.  

So let me get this straight, what did Robert confirm exactly?

I was told by a pretty solid source that there would be a Samsung GS4 Refresh that would be triband and another Samsung triband smartphone this year. I assumed the second one was the Note 3. That assumption was obviously wrong at this point.

Now I wonder if the source was confused and the GS4 Refresh was actually the GS4 Mini and there is another unknown Samsung Triband device coming. Or if the GS4 Refresh is legit, then the GS4 Mini is the second device and there may be no other Triband Samsung Smartphones this year.

There you have it. You now know what I've been told.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 14

I was told by a pretty solid source that there would be a Samsung GS4 Refresh that would be triband and another Samsung triband smartphone this year. I assumed the second one was the Note 3. That assumption was obviously wrong at this point.

Now I wonder if the source was confused and the GS4 Refresh was actually the GS4 Mini and there is another unknown Samsung Triband device coming. Or if the GS4 Refresh is legit, then the GS4 Mini is the second device and there may be no other Triband Samsung Smartphones this year.

There you have it. You now know what I've been told.

Well... we now have 2 Samsung devices with Triband confirmed - the GS4 Mini, and the Galaxy Mega 6.3. I wonder if those are the two your source was referring to.

Well... we now have 2 Samsung devices with Triband confirmed - the GS4 Mini, and the Galaxy Mega 6.3. I wonder if those are the two your source was referring to.

Seems so.

Robert

So based on what you were told, at this point it looks like there won't be a SG4 with triband?

That's a shame.

Based on what I was told and what has come to pass, I believe the GS4 I was told about turned out to be the GS4 Mini and the other was probably the Mega.

I wouldn't rule out more later this year, though. These were the two in development at the time I heard from the source.

Based on what I was told and what has come to pass, I believe the GS4 I was told about turned out to be the GS4 Mini and the other was probably the Mega.

I wouldn't rule out more later this year, though. These were the two in development at the time I heard from the source.

Got it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. That stinks, but it's good info. Really love my Note 2 but I was not looking forward to keeping it for another year - if it was tri-band it'd be almost perfect.

Thanks. That stinks, but it's good info. Really love my Note 2 but I was not looking forward to keeping it for another year - if it was tri-band it'd be almost perfect.

If you like the Note II then you might like the Mega, or even possibly the G2.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The big question is when is Sprint going to start releasing this new "T" model which has triband LTE and phasing out the old GS4 phones.  Then second question is who is going to upgrade to this GS4 triband LTE edition.

The big question is when is Sprint going to start releasing this new "T" model which has triband LTE and phasing out the old GS4 phones.  Then second question is who is going to upgrade to this GS4 triband LTE edition.

I'm strongly considering getting this phone. 

oh god... choices choices choices.. LG G2, Nexus 5, or S4T...

If the Sprint Nexus 5 is sold through the Play Store at Google's prices, I plan to have 2 out of the 3. G2 and Nexus 5 for me!  :tu:

If the Sprint Nexus 5 is sold through the Play Store at Google's prices, I plan to have 2 out of the 3. G2 and Nexus 5 for me!  :tu:

My dad already preordered the G2 from BB.. my mom wants a samsung... I just want something that works....

AHHH IT"S SETTLED. N5 for me, S4T for mother, and G2 for father. BRING ON LE TRI-BANDS!

• Like 1

My dad already preordered the G2 from BB.. my mom wants a samsung... I just want something that works....

AHHH IT"S SETTLED. N5 for me, S4T for mother, and G2 for father. BRING ON LE TRI-BANDS!

Can you cancel preorders once they are made?

Can you cancel preorders once they are made?

How much will it suck to come online and see a Wall article about the triband Note 3 after your G2 shipped out..

How much will it suck to come online and see a Wall article about the triband Note 3 after your G2 shipped out..

I know huh!!!! Damn Samsung.  Its ok though.  I am over the Note 3.