Samsung GS4 SPH-L720T [TRI-BAND] (was "Sprint GS4 with Tri-Band support this Fall Official Thread")

Ascertion

My dad already preordered the G2 from BB.. my mom wants a samsung... I just want something that works....

AHHH IT"S SETTLED. N5 for me, S4T for mother, and G2 for father. BRING ON LE TRI-BANDS!

You'll be in an awesome position to do a comparison of Sprint's first wave of tri-band phones!

• Like 1

With this new model on the horizon, I am even more confused on why the Note 3 wasn't triband. Maybe it will get the same treatment later on.

Perhaps but I ain't waiting any longer.  Besides I don't like the fact that Samsung has the Knox program.  I am curious if the new GS4 will have the same Knox program for flagging root or flashing custom ROMs.

I have posted a comment to my article on The Wall.  It pegs the likely chipset contained within the Galaxy S4 tri band.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-356-teaser-samsung-galaxy-s4-2-3/

AJ

• Like 2

I have posted a comment to my article on The Wall.  It pegs the likely chipset contained within the Galaxy S4 tri band.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-356-teaser-samsung-galaxy-s4-2-3/

AJ

Do you think it will be a regular S4 or could it be an Active? AT&T's exclusive should be ending soon.

I'm not happy with this news now... I'll be voicing my complaints to sprint when they announce it.

Why are you not happy with this news?  Its a triband GS4 for those that want a GS4.

He's probably disappointed that he got an S4 now that isn't Triband capable.

Yeah but I don't know how long ago he got the GS4.  If its back in May, then you can't get mad because at the time we didn't know if there was going to be a triband GS4 version.

• Like 1

Yeah but I don't know how long ago he got the GS4.  If its back in May, then you can't get mad because at the time we didn't know if there was going to be a triband GS4 version.

I agree - it doesn't make sense since this new S4 is literally a new phone.  I could have upgraded back in July but waited until now for Tri-Band.  Not Sprint's fault that they're releasing more Tri-Band devices now and that people already used their upgrade. 

Got my S4 two and a half weeks ago

Talked to sprint about triband... one store guy said the s4 migjt have a triband LTE antenna in it, that was obviosly false. Wounder how much my S4 is worth.

Talked to sprint about triband... one store guy said the s4 migjt have a triband LTE antenna in it, that was obviosly false. Wounder how much my S4 is worth.

I got mine 3 weeks ago.

Dont worry about it.

We dont have a release date, might not be until December. And when that happens, very few markets will have access to the other bands.

Even if you live in one of those markets, being a guinea pig sucks. Remember how the original LTE devices requires airplane mode and such to connect properly?

Figure you wont even want to jump in until Feb, once all the flaws (or lack of flaws) have been pointed out....and apparently the G5 is launching early next year, maybe as soon as March.

Bam, youve had your device for 6 months. Not such a bad decision. You can sell your 4 and get a 5.

I dont know what phone you had before, but I had the GS2 and it was crap. Being able to actually use my phone all day is like a new dawn for me.

Triband is cool. Having 4G AND all day battery is the real game changer.

Oh yeah I remember you, you were worried about Sprint getting rid of the $100 port in credit on Oct 10th and ported over your lines over before the credit expired.  The whole point of Sprint putting an end date is a marketing tactic to persuade customers that you don't have forever to decide.

Well the $100 port in credit for new customers got renewed just like I said it would and is now through Dec 31st.  After that it will be renewed again and again.  Sprint needs customers and I don't see Sprint ending this promotion anytime soon.  

The good thing for you about signing up before Oct 10th is that you got grandfathered into the Everything Data plans which will be good for you when you upgrade 2 years from now.

That's awesome but I'm not eligible for an upgrade until June -_-

If the Sprint's Nexus 5 is available through the Play Store, waiting for upgrades will be a thing of the past, for most folks. Cant beat that price, especially for a high end tri-band phone. If its available from the Play Store, I plan on getting one along with my G2 just for fun. 

If the Sprint's Nexus 5 is available through the Play Store, waiting for upgrades will be a thing of the past, for most folks. Cant beat that price, especially for a high end tri-band phone. If its available from the Play Store, I plan on getting one along with my G2 just for fun. 

You're going to spend $350 on a phone that is "just for fun"?

Dang, you just fling the cheddar around like it's nothing!

LOL! No, definitely not case here. I just have a few hobbies, and make cuts in other parts of my budget to support those hobbies. Gotta keep my sanity somehow, and that's how I do it. In all seriousness though, 350 for that phone is such a good deal, especially considering some of the phones are going for well north of that on contract. It's perfect for someone far from an upgrade that needs/wants a new device, and that was the point I was trying to make. 

LOL! No, definitely not case here. I just have a few hobbies, and make cuts in other parts of my budget to support those hobbies. Gotta keep my sanity somehow, and that's how I do it. In all seriousness though, 350 for that phone is such a good deal, especially considering some of the phones are going for well north of that on contract. It's perfect for someone far from an upgrade that needs/wants a new device, and that was the point I was trying to make. 

I figured that's what you meant, I was just messing with you. 

• Like 1