Samsung GS4 SPH-L720T [TRI-BAND] (was "Sprint GS4 with Tri-Band support this Fall Official Thread")

Ascertion

The Sprint S4 tri-band is as real as leprechauns but for some reason tons of people have been swearing for months it's coming any day........ Meanwhile there are several phones about to come out that will be real and released on Sprint that have it. Read the first post in this thread lol. 6-6-13 confirmed S4 with tri-band huh. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Oh man you're giving me a sad.  :( 

Triband my man. It'll be worth it.

I know Triband would be worth it. I'm just thinking s4 may never see Triband status at this point. But I could see an s4 dual band being released if it was already in the works. Since this one is 850 maybe they already had plans for an 800 (without 2600).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Tr-band only for me. I'm already leaning more towards the Note 3 vs the GS4, so unless the GS4 Tri-band Superspeed Unicorn Poop Edition with Google happens to exist, I'll probably just grab the Note 3. Unless the case is made out of butter.

• Like 2

We've heard from very credible sources about another Samsung Triband device coming other than the Note 3. It seems highly likely it would be the S4 Triband.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

We've heard from very credible sources about another Samsung Triband device coming other than the Note 3. It seems highly likely it would be the S4 Triband.

What if it's a mid-range device? Like how the first LTE phone was the LG Viper. Well and the Galaxy Nexus.

What if it's a mid-range device? Like how the first LTE phone was the LG Viper. Well and the Galaxy Nexus.

It's not. I know more info, but I cannot share at this time.

• Like 1

I know Triband would be worth it. I'm just thinking s4 may never see Triband status at this point. But I could see an s4 dual band being released if it was already in the works. Since this one is 850 maybe they already had plans for an 800 (without 2600).

Its either single band or triband. No point of sprint making dual band lte phones.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I would shit brix if both note 2 and GS4 were updated with triband. But I doubt the note 2. But there's like 1% lol. But thanks for the awesome news. I can't wait, my family down in HN is holding out on the triband GS4 :)

I would shit brix if both note 2 and GS4 were updated with triband. But I doubt the note 2. But there's like 1% lol. But thanks for the awesome news. I can't wait, my family down in HN is holding out on the triband GS4 :)

Think Note 3 instead of Note 2, and you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

Think Note 3 instead of Note 2, and you won't be disappointed.

Oh I know. I can't wait for LTE800

with SMR800 I get -80-95 DB in my place.

So I'm hoping lte800 will be the same. :D

And yes I am getting the Note 3. Either Christmas or black Friday lol. That's when you get the best deals IMO

"Shit brix," eh?  We are now going to start calling you "Ruby Sue"...

AJ

• Like 5

Its either single band or triband. No point of sprint making dual band lte phones.

Well if Samsung says "hey sprint were not making Tribands s4s but we got this dual band s4 already in production or do you want more single band s4s?" sprint should probably order a couple. I mean they are gonna be selling single band phones for awhile why not sell dual bands if it'll help. This is probably all moot but just throwing it out there.

I shit brix all the time lol

Do you keep them in your sock drawer?

Butthead: Check it out. It's that Kaopectate--

Beavis: Oh yeah, that stuff is terrible. It like is expensive, and tastes terrible, and it doesn't work. It says it's for diarrhea, and I drank a whole bottle, but I never got diarrhea--

Butthead: Beavis--

Beavis: Then a week later, this brick pooped out of my butt. It was all hard and black. I can show it to you if you want.

Butthead: You still have it?

Beavis: Sure. I keep it in my sock drawer.

Butthead: Beavis, you're just joking right?

Beavis: Ummmm yeah I mean ummmm no.

Butthead: Beavis, I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear any of this.

AJ

• Like 2

Well if Samsung says "hey sprint were not making Tribands s4s but we got this dual band s4 already in production or do you want more single band s4s?" sprint should probably order a couple. I mean they are gonna be selling single band phones for awhile why not sell dual bands if it'll help. This is probably all moot but just throwing it out there.

But here is the problem...sprints LTE bands are very specific so unless sprint ever requested a dual band LTE gs4, which i highly doubt, there wouldnt be such device in the pipeline. Sprint was just waiting for the LTE 800 fit test results before launching triband.

But here is the problem...sprints LTE bands are very specific so unless sprint ever requested a dual band LTE gs4, which i highly doubt, there wouldnt be such device in the pipeline. Sprint was just waiting for the LTE 800 fit test results before launching triband.

Yeah i know. Just seems odd. If they release this 850 lte version the only carrier that can use it is us cellular. Just seems like something is up their sleeves. Hopefully sept 3rd will have some answers.

Yeah i know. Just seems odd. If they release this 850 lte version the only carrier that can use it is us cellular. Just seems like something is up their sleeves. Hopefully sept 3rd will have some answers.

South Korea uses band 5 LTE 850.  This variant will not be for sale here.  It is just getting authorization for use here.

AJ

• Like 2

Well hate to break it to you but on Sept 3rd you will still be waiting considering that the Samsung event is on Sept 4th... :D

• Like 2

Well hate to break it to you but on Sept 3rd you will still be waiting considering that the Samsung event is on Sept 4th... :D

Um I'm hoping for leaks on the day before. Lol.

• Like 2

It's not. I know more info, but I cannot share at this time.

Ah ok. I'm not asking you to confirm or deny anything, but I wonder if it's this.... http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-mega-coming-att-sprint-and-us-cellular

I still don't see the point of this device since it seems to be a bigger (!) Note, but that's the beauty of options I guess.

Ah ok. I'm not asking you to confirm or deny anything, but I wonder if it's this.... http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-mega-coming-att-sprint-and-us-cellular

I still don't see the point of this device since it seems to be a bigger (!) Note, but that's the beauty of options I guess.

We haven't seen the FCC docs on the Sprint Mega variant yet. But I expect it to be Band 25 only. If it was Triband, I'm pretty certain my son will get it it. It's his dream phone. :lol: