Samsung GS4 SPH-L720T [TRI-BAND] (was "Sprint GS4 with Tri-Band support this Fall Official Thread")

Ascertion

If the Sprint's Nexus 5 is available through the Play Store, waiting for upgrades will be a thing of the past, for most folks. Cant beat that price, especially for a high end tri-band phone. If its available from the Play Store, I plan on getting one along with my G2 just for fun.

Now I don't understand the logic behind this being a good price. If you buy it for $350 off contract, you're still paying the same amount as if someone was on contract and paid less than $200 for the initial upgrade. Sure, you're locked into contract but I don't plan on leaving Sprint anytime soon.
  • Like 1

Now I don't understand the logic behind this being a good price. If you buy it for $350 off contract, you're still paying the same amount as if someone was on contract and paid less than $200 for the initial upgrade. Sure, you're locked into contract but I don't plan on leaving Sprint anytime soon.

Well, the poster I replied to said he was quite a ways off from an upgrade. If he wanted a new, high end device, he'd have to pay the full, off contract price, which is typically well north of 500, or even 600 bucks.  All I was saying is that people in that situation could now get a new, high end device that supports Sprint's tri-band LTE (and has the bonus of being pure Android) for 350. I don't think its a bad deal. 

I'm surprised aj hasn't found a picture of a guy tossing a wheel of cheddar yet.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I am too, he must be slipping. Here's the best I could find:

throw-it-top-10-things-to-use-with-chees

• Like 2

I shouldn't be upset, minus the fact the 800 LTE :-| but I've talk to a couple people with Galaxy's, one went through 4 phones because the usb port kept going out... Its only a matter of time I would imagine, even in a Mil-Spec Case

The only problem that I see to the chance of the snapdragon 800 equipped S4 coming here is the fact that by the time it is ready to ship, it would be mere months or even weeks before the completely new S5 gets ready to hit. It just doesn't make business sense to do that in my opinion. But, stranger things have been known to happen.

The one concern I have is that the lte radio is located on the bottom versus the top in the current gs4. Seems like the signal won't be as strong because of the attenuation with your hand

I haven't heard anyone complain about the GS4 RF so I don't think it'll be a big issue.

The one concern I have is that the lte radio is located on the bottom versus the top in the current gs4. Seems like the signal won't be as strong because of the attenuation with your hand

"You're holding it wrong."

AJ

• Like 1

Maybe he can get a free case out of it.

Maybe.  It sounds like the guy who bought the G2 with no back plate got a "free case" out of the deal.

AJ

• Like 2

kinda off topic but maybe Samsung is "reinventing the s4 because the s5 will be out later than usual? Might not even be a s5? move on to the galaxy round or curve ... whatever? Basically Sammy might come out with a new series in june or later to go head to head with the other big companies... (apple, htc etc)

kinda off topic but maybe Samsung is "reinventing the s4 because the s5 will be out later than usual? Might not even be a s5? move on to the galaxy round or curve ... whatever? Basically Sammy might come out with a new series in june or later to go head to head with the other big companies... (apple, htc etc)

Samsung isn't a big company? Head to head with HTC? Do you know how many phones Samsung sells? Apple is their only competition and Samsung makes their devices.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The Galaxy line is one of the biggest names to ever come out of the mobile scene. Having a Galaxy Sx phone is on par to having the latest iPhone x. I seriously doubt that Samsung would consider changing things up and releasing their "next big thing" under a different name.

I didnt see the gs4 triband listed as a triband phone available for sale. Maybe sprint didnt want to overwhelm the triband phone list for nov 8?

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2