Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

I finally caught up with the techs for the Rochester Market, I ask them about when they think Rochester's Full build sites will be done for LTE (before the GMO).  He said mid summer the majority Monroe county should be done, theres been some issues with downtown and the one in Greece.  I will NOT give out the reasons he gave me on here (the public form I dont want to get into too much detail with out breaking rules).   One last thing I asked the head supervisor was Spark, he said thats going to be a slow process but Late Q2014.  

That's good news to me as i sit here on 3g in downtown (640 clinton square tower according to signal check).  If I sat on the opposite side of my office I would be on LTE.  Unfortunately I can't exactly move my desk.

I had to disconnect sprint dispite wanting to get a new htc phone, for now. Despite the map indicating lte coverage in hilton, all i got was ultra slow 3g all over the village. I plan to recheck later this year.

picture is my voice data on 4g near culver rd outside my home if I'm not mistaken isn't voice suppose to improve smhuputety4.jpg

HTC one max

You have a single radio device. Because you are connected to LTE, your phone cannot connect to 1x. Thus, the app reads your device as not having a voice signal. In short, your device is too advanced for the app.

Yep sprint just isnt getting it done....to bad

Maybe you just chose the wrong place to live. Too bad.

AJ

The lte just not getting done to bad....im in westeern greece ny and no 4g....evrey other carrier has it here im paying 4it.....2bad

Again, maybe you chose the wrong place to live because many other places do not have that problem.

Regardless, you chose the wrong place to complain because that is against the rules. So, shut it.

AJ

• Like 2

As someone who had to come on this forum and learn about wireless from scratch... Let me say that individual markets are poor indicators of how any carrier is doing nationwide.

Also, any more comments against the rules of S4GRU will get taken down and further disciplinary action against offending members will be taken.

- R

I hope you dont think im breaking rules....im stateing theres no lte here in greece one of the largest suburbs in ny state....I just saying why does evrey other carrier work here.im in a highly populated area new subdivision.

I hope you dont think im breaking rules....im stateing theres no lte here in greece one of the largest suburbs in ny state....I just saying why does evrey other carrier work here.im in a highly populated area new subdivision.

I can say from experience I've had LTE working in Greece. There are parts of it not lit up, and other parts it is spotty. Also, the network is relatively crowded for Sprint's small 5x5 array compared to other carriers. Sprint deployed later than the duopoly, which is why they are "not working" there. You might want to check your device if you've had no LTE in any of Greece, because it's definitely there. 

See what I mean? Coverage is definitely there, there's bits and pieces not done and definitely plenty of dead spots but there's LTE.

Yes, I can attest to it being spotty and I don't think all sites have been deployed/optimized yet.  For example, I don't think the main tower I connect to at the Paddy Hill Fire Dept. (1766 Latta Rd.) has been fully updated.  But, the one at Greece Police HQ has been updated, but it seems like the signal is pointed west, which I can understand - you can see the two towers depending where you are.

But, it also depends on your device as well.  My EVO 4g LTE is notorious for it's bad LTE antenna, so I can understand why it may be spotty for me personally.

Mr nuke notice between manitou and north greece road no coverage.....my area of greece....I do map daily for sensorly.and this forum....my tower is on manitou between mill and peck..I check for workers daily.the 3g was updated last november which is good.they have been working on the foundation tho...no 4g great near the mall tho

Brand New series of Towers in Rochester Downtown...  Had 5 bars of service 3g until yesterday, now 5 bars of LTE at 23 Mbps.  I am downtown on Mt Hope Ave, and had a tower until Going under South Ave, Now have full coverage at the office.

• Like 1

I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the deployment of band 41 LTE in the Rochester market. I am assuming it's still a ways down the road yet, but just thought I'd ask.

Mr nuke notice between manitou and north greece road no coverage.....my area of greece....I do map daily for sensorly.and this forum....my tower is on manitou between mill and peck..I check for workers daily.the 3g was updated last november which is good.they have been working on the foundation tho...no 4g great near the mall tho

From what I can tell, 5 of the 7 towers that could possibly serve Greece have already been upgraded to LTE, including the one that serves the mall. The remaining two are waiting on backhaul, which is largely out of Sprint's hands. Sprint can threaten to cancel the contract, but once ordered, there's not much else they can do but wait for the local ISP to deliver.

Is the backhaul still not complete at maniou and mill rd area chalie

If there's not LTE coming from that tower, then it probably isn't. The backhaul vendor will get there eventually and then it will be turned on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If there's not LTE coming from that tower, then it probably isn't. The backhaul vendor will get there eventually and then it will be turned on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hilton? Map shows lte but it isn't

there. At least as of last month.

the merger would give them the antennas on top of the village water tower. Signal would go from no/one bar to 5 or 6!

Edited by mr nyjet

I talked with sprint yesterday....they said tower at manitou and mill rd to be completed 2015....im bummed since that covers my area in greece..3g updated on that tower november 2013..darn it I really wanted 4 g here at home....yes I have been with sprint over12 yrs.i took good with bad...thats why im here to learn.i got my note 2 in 2012 contract......but folks I still dont have lte here in greece...mill and north greece rd....lte on there map says best coverage here..not....im like lte police chasing mapping sensorly etc.....I want my lte sprint. Jd