Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

I've noticed since I get LTE pretty much everywhere I go now I haven't been following this board quite as closely so I'll bid you all farewell. Thanks again for all the help and information. Special thanks to Robert who is absolutely killing it with this site. You are the man

• Like 2

Can some one tell me when will 4g in the empire blv area pick up :-( ive been waiting over 2 months

sent from my GS3

No. They go live one at a time when the backhaul is ready. We don't have access to a specific date when a site is expected to have LTE.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Now that the update is mostly in place I'm noticing better signal.  I can make calls from home without the airave (although I'm keeping it for now since the call quality seems to better through it). And I have a weak signal at Eastway Wegmans (but I'm not roaming for the first time ever).  The other big change I've noticed is that I can stream spotify without it dropping out on me (could not do that last year).

Good work Sprint!  I expect that the backhaul changes will give us faster data but that it will not have a noticeable effect on the two examples I noted above. I also dont think we will get 800mhz because of our proximity to Canada but we'll see.

Mike

Sprint does not have good coverage maps. Their LTE maps have been horribly overstating coverage since day one. But to be fair, Tmo coverage maps only have coverage in the two darkest levels, and Verizon almost never has LTE in their Extended areas either. Sprint's coverage maps do get a little more accurate fully zoomed in, but I won't pardon Sprint's bad coverage maps. They're awful.

• Like 1

Sprint does not have good coverage maps. Their LTE maps have been horribly overstating coverage since day one. But to be fair, Tmo coverage maps only have coverage in the two darkest levels, and Verizon almost never has LTE in their Extended areas either. Sprint's coverage maps do get a little more accurate fully zoomed in, but I won't pardon Sprint's bad coverage maps. They're awful.

Out of the 4 major carriers zoom in levels Sprint is the most accurate VOICE coverage wise, the WiMAX is eh, the 3G data is not just purple in where the voice covers so zoom in is pointless, the 4G LTE is not too far off at least around here...  I would say T-Mobile's old green map version was not too bad at accuracy, there new map is BS! At&t is hit and miss, lastly Vz is just colored in crap, they don't want people to know where there towers are even remotely at must be, at least the other carriers you can SOMEWHAT get a just of kinda where it is if your not in a city...  Again this is all just one opinion and thats me.. MY opinion... 

4G LTE Launched Markets | Sprint Newsroom

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm. wow rochester on list I hope this is wrong I dont even get 4g here in west greece ny ....that looks official tho

Rochester may or may not officially be announced as launched with a 69% completion rate. 

Just talked to sprint its official rochester ny....to bad thought would be better...not much 4g....but gates is covered not greece parma hilton area 2well

I believe a market launch can occur even if a market is not quite 50 complete. At around 50 percent complete there will be an inconsistent and likely poor experience and even areas not covered much at all.

4G LTE Launched Markets | Sprint Newsroom

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm. wow rochester on list I hope this is wrong I dont even get 4g here in west greece ny ....that looks official tho

A launch is just a public announcement. They are not stopping deployment until complete. A launch is just a means for Sprint to get the word out, make the coverage official to appear on maps and allow customers to file trouble tickets.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A launch is just a public announcement. They are not stopping deployment until complete. A launch is just a means for Sprint to get the word out, make the coverage official to appear on maps and allow customers to file trouble tickets.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

:)  :coolbeans: 

Sad

You're sad they are continuing deployment after the announcement?  They are working through the Rochester market in record time.  You're sad that they dare announce when they have coverage over most of the area like Tmo, AT&T and Verizon did?  If we are talking about what we think is sad, I think it's sad that you would come to our forums and complain about it.  

It would probably be good for you to consult our posting guidelines before you continue your conversations.  It seems like you're heading for trouble.

Robert

• Like 2