Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Ya I was at Greece Ridge Mall (in the mall) and it was struggling to get past 4 down and 3 up, and yes I know MB is fine now, I still think come summer time its gonna get some straining, all the carriers do down there, even when I was there last summer. Unfortunately Rochester will see Spark well before MB.  Thats good news for us, but Rochester is not a major vacation place for tourists like MB does on a scale basis.  

Still no LTE in the village of Victor. works great at Eastview mall. I see there still in the area so Im guessing the tower near the Village will be turned on at some point? 

If you are a premier sponsor you would find out Victor is not going to get LTE for a long time probably.... I am pretty sure I am safe to save on here that the cut off point is the mall for LTE for now, the towers else where are different, I dont want to get into specifics on the public side of forums. 

I am a sponsor. What part of the forum would I look that up ? honestly the lte is the only reason I have stayed with Sprint . If I won't be getting it I may bail

You need to be a Premier Sponsor. I don't want to get into trouble by disclosing too much information on the public forums. Maybe if you ask a mentor, author or Robert they MIGHT help you out only if you ask about a specific tower. It not a guarantee but hey it's up to you.

Hi does anyone here have any idea when I will see 4glte in the west side of greece......14626..they say coverage best on thete map but I get no 4g....my town I beleive is in hilton parma mill peck area......pretty quite in here

I was up in Henrietta earlier today and the site that is still not NV complete the "BUF" switch one is not transmitting.  I checked on Signal PRO and I was right in front of the Harris building and I was still on the tower just north of Marketplace Mall.... I did do a data reset and still same thing. (I had two phones just to double check)   I have a feeling that one will be decommissioned.... 

If you are a premier sponsor you would find out Victor is not going to get LTE for a long time probably.... I am pretty sure I am safe to save on here that the cut off point is the mall for LTE for now, the towers else where are different, I dont want to get into specifics on the public side of forums. 

I spoke with the local sprint employee at the mall. He claims that the tower on High st in Victor will be lit up with LTE. He had never heard anything about the Mall being a cutoff point for the 4g coverage. Why would they have LTE in Rochester and Canandaigua, but not in between. I see it has even shown up on sensorly in honeoye falls. 

• Like 1

I spoke with the local sprint employee at the mall. He claims that the tower on High st in Victor will be lit up with LTE. He had never heard anything about the Mall being a cutoff point for the 4g coverage. Why would they have LTE in Rochester and Canandaigua, but not in between. I see it has even shown up on sensorly in honeoye falls. 

They are doing FULL build sites first for LTE... The mall is the cut off point for full builds for now. Yes Canandaigua, Dansville, Palmyra, Newark etc are full builds.  

They are doing FULL build sites first for LTE... The mall is the cut off point for full builds for now. Yes Canandaigua, Dansville, Palmyra, Newark etc are full builds.  

You cannot definitely state that they are not doing full build sites unless you are present at every cell site and confirm it.

Schedule changes have occurred and GMOs were planned due to ROI and lack of funds back during the planning stages of 2011-2012. The purchase and billions of investment by Softbank has changed everything up and most former planned GMOs are now full builds.

GMOs are now only reserved for sites with extraneous reasons and not the norm. By virtue of being a late 2013 4th round market it's more likely than not that former planned GMOs are full builds. 

You cannot definitely state that they are not doing full build sites unless you are present at every cell site and confirm it.

Schedule changes have occurred and GMOs were planned due to ROI and lack of funds back during the planning stages of 2011-2012. The purchase and billions of investment by Softbank has changed everything up and most former planned GMOs are now full builds.

GMOs are now only reserved for sites with extraneous reasons and not the norm. By virtue of being a late 2013 4th round market it's more likely than not that former planned GMOs are full builds. 

I know the contractor who works on them around me, I know exactly when will be done, I will not post them here. 

That little dot on sensorly in Honeoye Falls I put there, it was the one single spot I was able to get an LTE signal all the way from the tower on Martin Road off 390. I am still thoroughly confused how I was able to grab the signal and keep it in that one spot but who knows. It is just strong enough for my s3 to hold onto without dropping.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Rochester ny done? Still no 4g west greece

I think there is still one tower in Greece that needs to be updated.  The one up on Paddy Hill, behind the fire station.

It's the one I connect to most often when I am around my home. 

The large tower at the Greece Police HQ is already transmitting LTE.

• 2 weeks later...

Are they still working on the towers in the Henrietta area? I was pulling 10-20 at work, and for the past few days I'm struggling to even pull 1 down on LTE.  Not sure what would be causing the drastic decrease in speed all of a sudden. 

• 3 weeks later...

I finally caught up with the techs for the Rochester Market, I ask them about when they think Rochester's Full build sites will be done for LTE (before the GMO).  He said mid summer the majority Monroe county should be done, theres been some issues with downtown and the one in Greece.  I will NOT give out the reasons he gave me on here (the public form I dont want to get into too much detail with out breaking rules).   One last thing I asked the head supervisor was Spark, he said thats going to be a slow process but Late Q2014.  

• Like 1

I finally caught up with the techs for the Rochester Market, I ask them about when they think Rochester's Full build sites will be done for LTE (before the GMO).  He said mid summer the majority Monroe county should be done, theres been some issues with downtown and the one in Greece.  I will NOT give out the reasons he gave me on here (the public form I dont want to get into too much detail with out breaking rules).   One last thing I asked the head supervisor was Spark, he said thats going to be a slow process but Late Q2014.  

Awwww, now you have us itching for the dirty laundry.  Anyways, thanks for the update!