Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Why strange? It was just ready.... Robert would probably agree with me. IT is easier to accept towers fast outside metros first... Dansville and Brockport are outside major population...  

It just looked a little weird, an LTE acceptance in the middle of nowhere.  :D Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton, etc. were all untouched at the time.

It just looked a little weird, an LTE acceptance in the middle of nowhere.  :D Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton, etc. were all untouched at the time.

After Dansville, Brockport was Chili or Gates (I forget which) and a couple suburbs, then Canandaigua, Newark, Palmyra, and Geneva, then we had the huge acceptances late January/early February. 

I am still on 3G downtown.  I am connected to a tower at 640 Clinton Square according to Signal Check.

If LTE is broadcasting in an area the signal strength is as good as it will ever get, right?  Or will they adjust some things.

I am on a 4g signal at my house in Penfield that is so weak I can't always make a phone call on it.  I assume I connect to the tower near routes 441 and 250.  I had this problem prior to LTE in my area and got an airave to solve the issue.  Now my G2 connects to LTE instead of my airave so I am back to not being able to use my phone at home unless I go to the 2nd floor near the window and don't move during the call.

I need my phone to work at home, it's my only phone.  If I won't see any improvements to the signal I will have to switch carriers.

I am still on 3G downtown.  I am connected to a tower at 640 Clinton Square according to Signal Check.

If LTE is broadcasting in an area the signal strength is as good as it will ever get, right?  Or will they adjust some things.

I am on a 4g signal at my house in Penfield that is so weak I can't always make a phone call on it.  I assume I connect to the tower near routes 441 and 250.  I had this problem prior to LTE in my area and got an airave to solve the issue.  Now my G2 connects to LTE instead of my airave so I am back to not being able to use my phone at home unless I go to the 2nd floor near the window and don't move during the call.

I need my phone to work at home, it's my only phone.  If I won't see any improvements to the signal I will have to switch carriers.

Your phone falls back to 1x from LTE when you make or recieve calls. If you phone is not connecting to your airave when you make a call, you may need to contact Sprint about that. 

As far as the LTE signal strength, there are still some sites that have yet to receive LTE, so its possible it could still improve. 

My phone not connecting to the airave is a known issue according to sprint support. It affects my phone and one other model. Probably the nexus although i didnt ask. They are supposedly working on a fix that they will push out eventually. I am not holding my breath for a speedy fix after previous promises. I was hoping my signal would magically improve. Their fix was to change the setting in the phone not to use LTE after i paid for a new phone that uses LTE.

I live between the 441\250 tower and east rochester tower. Closer to the 250/441 one. Both of those broadcast LTE. I live in some kind of sprint coverage black hole. It hasnt really worked here since i moved in last july.

My phone not connecting to the airave is a known issue according to sprint support. It affects my phone and one other model. Probably the nexus although i didnt ask. They are supposedly working on a fix that they will push out eventually. I am not holding my breath for a speedy fix after previous promises. I was hoping my signal would magically improve. Their fix was to change the setting in the phone not to use LTE after i paid for a new phone that uses LTE.

I live between the 441\250 tower and east rochester tower. Closer to the 250/441 one. Both of those broadcast LTE. I live in some kind of sprint coverage black hole. It hasnt really worked here since i moved in last july.

Unfortunately for you, Sprint won't be able to utilize the 800MHz spectrum in your area any time soon due to your proximity to the Canadian border. That would likely have fixed your problem.

There's really not much I can tell you here. It sounds like Sprint might not meet your needs, and if that's the case, no one is preventing you from switching. 

We do have maps of all Sprint towers and their current NV status in the Sponsor section if that interests you. 

• Like 1

I have the same problem with my one max I should be able to use my phone to its ability. What's the point of buying a lte device and when you have lte are told to switch to cdma/Sprint only if I just wanted 3g I'd buy a flip phone ...though the airwave boost my 3g signal you would think they'd offer to reduce Bill since I'm using my own internet connection..don't get me wrong I love Sprint customer service just don't like how this network vision been ????

HTC one max

Lets hope it all gets fixed......I have note 2 I have to always restart my phone to get lte.....ware I know the tower is broadcasting it...reboots always works for me.....cant wait till they get the lte on here on the west side of greece

I wish I could post this video.....I dont know how to...softbank ceo basically says they need tmobile to make it work and much more....I really hope sprint can compete if they dont get tmobile....really interesting video..I will try to link it here

I wish I could post this video.....I dont know how to...softbank ceo basically says they need tmobile to make it work and much more....I really hope sprint can compete if they dont get tmobile....really interesting video..I will try to link it here

I saw that video too, we live (I personally think) a corrupt county right now, the FCC and other government/political related things are favored.  Thats all I have to say about that, since I dont like that stuff and is not appropriate for here but thats how I feel. 

There's really not much I can tell you here. It sounds like Sprint might not meet your needs, and if that's the case, no one is preventing you from switching. 

That's pretty much where I am right now.  Tired of spending my time trying to get their network to work.  I have been with sprint for 14 years and have generally been happy.  

evreyone very quiet in here

Shhhh!  I came into this corner of S4GRU to take a nap!   :welc2:

Robert

Hi just want evreyone to know im down on vacation in myrtle sc.....right now the sprint 4g lte is so unbeleivable to fast....I mean it fasttttt

ya for NOW, wait until the REAL summer begins I have lots of relitives and friends that lives all along that area and it dont matter what carrier you got, it gets boggled down a lot, its hard to get spectrum down there....  Whats wrong with speeds we have here?  I get an average of 34.00 down and 9.45 up with most of the cell towers in the Rochester LTE towers, except the only place was when I was in Greece yesterday I was struggling to get past 5mps down and up.

Wow at least you got it in greece....my house in greece near miil and n greece road dont even see 4g.......its pretty crowed down here now...no problem with speed...spring break all over...nice to see sprint did great job here

• Like 1