Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Well, think of it this way. Do you have WiFi at home? If so, not a big deal. If you have LTE on your most travelled routes and places where you use data without WiFi, that's what matters more. Can't fret over one site in an almost complete market. 

• Like 1

Wifi for a answer burnout ...hmmnn. not a good answer.i dont know how they could be close to complete around this area...im praying there not...lots of 3g round these parts of greece...I have note 2..it must be bad phone or not very good lte.a friend of mine has s5 same results.then I listen to other friends in car look I have lte pegged.obvious other carrier..we map nightly.tmus has 4g all over greece other big 2 all over..I keep hoping.

Well, think of it this way. Do you have WiFi at home? If so, not a big deal. If you have LTE on your most travelled routes and places where you use data without WiFi, that's what matters more. Can't fret over one site in an almost complete market. 

This ^^^

I have WiFi at home and at work, so having consistent LTE is not a deal killer

Yup they turned on madian mt read no manitou and mill tho

I know its frustrating, I know West Greece is a very populated area, its not that they don't want LTE there fast, its back haul issues  like I mentioned before when I talked to the contractors.  I do have the one guys number but I have been way too busy to see if he could find out anything about that tower.  Hang in there!

Wow sprint buying tmobile..and will be rebranded tmobile...a little confused here.got the info on cnbc this morning...new topic.break up fe now up to 2 billion still no lte west greece...have a good weekend all

Edited by johnd515

Wow sprint buying tmobile..and will be rebranded tmobile...a little confused here.got the info on cnbc this morning...new topic.break up fe now up to 2 billion still no lte west greece...have a good weekend all

Please try to speak in coherent sentences from now on.

- R

• Like 2

I talked with sprint yesterday....they said tower at manitou and mill rd to be completed 2015....im bummed since that covers my area in greece..3g updated on that tower november 2013..darn it I really wanted 4 g here at home....yes I have been with sprint over12 yrs.i took good with bad...thats why im here to learn.i got my note 2 in 2012 contract......but folks I still dont have lte here in greece...mill and north greece rd....lte on there map says best coverage here..not....im like lte police chasing mapping sensorly etc.....I want my lte sprint. Jd

I would believe what the techs tell you (only). Until the feds approve the merger, you wonder why not agree to let each others customers roam on both networks for lte? The gsm/cdma difference would not be a problem for lte only roaming.

Ehh this new b25 tower at city hall is getting ripped to shreds. I'm getting around .45mbs during mid day.

On lte? That must be a 3g signal. Out here, hilton, i only got 3g even slower than that, despite map saying lte coverage was strong.

On lte? That must be a 3g signal. Out here, hilton, i only got 3g even slower than that, despite map saying lte coverage was strong.

just realized I posted in wrong section. It was meant for NYC not Rochester. It is lte not 3G. It's around 7mbs in the morning then slams down.

Still had not the best experience speed-wise in downtown Rochester area regardless. Most other places have been doing probably as well as they're going to do on band 25 LTE now the the market is mostly filled in.

It really stinks but there is still hope.

I think we are just waiting on backhaul at this point. However long that'll take.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That area is GMO, its gonna be a while.  IF you both Premier Sponsors you would see why its GMO and that GMO generally don't receive LTE (but they are turning LTE on some sites and converting them however to full builds).  It's just like Geneseo is GMO too (college town you would think they would get LTE there asap).  I dont want to give too much info away on the pubic forums. 

That area is GMO, its gonna be a while. IF you both Premier Sponsors you would see why its GMO and that GMO generally don't receive LTE (but they are turning LTE on some sites and converting them however to full builds). It's just like Geneseo is GMO too (college town you would think they would get LTE there asap). I dont want to give too much info away on the pubic forums.

Thank you for the info anyways. I wouldn't have a clue why the area is GMO except it being more rural to be honest. So we are not just waiting on backhaul? Or would backhaul already be in place and the lack of LTE is a side effect of GMO.

Thank you for the info anyways. I wouldn't have a clue why the area is GMO except it being more rural to be honest. So we are not just waiting on backhaul? Or would backhaul already be in place and the lack of LTE is a side effect of GMO.

I dont want to say with out proper Knowledge but I think when NV (3G) is complete its back haul is there but not complete.  I think GMOs were deployed in rual areas to get NV done faster then convert them to full builds once a market is done, but again I dont want to say something that I am not confident with.  

• Like 1

I think we are just waiting on backhaul at this point. However long that'll take.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using

Tapatalk

I think the tower over on Bragg St. Will be an lte tower. I have picked up lte in lima for split socends but no real single. But long enough to capture on sensorly. Edited by RyanMButton

I dont want to say with out proper Knowledge but I think when NV (3G) is complete its back haul is there but not complete. 

Not exactly. An NV 3G accepted site has the new base station and antennas installed. However, the vast majority of the time it is only 3G due to the fiber (or microwave) backhaul not  being present yet. As soon as the backhaul reaches the site, they'll fire up LTE.

• Like 1