Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

With the rochester market being so close to Canada..will we ever get on the 800 mhz band? If not does that mean this market will not be able to have sprint spark at some point ?

All of this is answered if you look around on this site...  Short answer is yes and yes... Spark will most likely be up and running before 800, but you never know, plans could change at anytime.

All of this is answered if you look around on this site...  Short answer is yes and yes... Spark will most likely be up and running before 800, but you never know, plans could change at anytime.

Ok sounds good., I love having a forum like this, that can give me answers. I ask the actual sprint reps at my local mall and half the time it seems that I am updating them on news. Not the other way around. When I asked them about the 800 mhz band the guy had no idea what i meant. ..

thanks again

Ok sounds good., I love having a forum like this, that can give me answers. I ask the actual sprint reps at my local mall and half the time it seems that I am updating them on news. Not the other way around. When I asked them about the 800 mhz band the guy had no idea what i meant. ..

thanks again

Unfortunately, they aren't really informed by default of all of the technical details because it can add to the confusion when dealing with customers. To clarify, the Clear LTE will likely be deployed here long before any 800 mHz LTE or voice because of the IBEZ. It does not mean we will not ever get it, it simply means that before they can do anything within so many miles of the Canadian border, an international agreement has to be made. This could take many years and there isn't ever any guarantee. Eventually, however, it probably will happen and we'll get the good stuff.

Yes, it is their last hope.  And it will take some time before they can even deploy on it and get devices in people's hands too.  And they may even be limited where they end up getting it.  It is not likely to be a mad sweep across the nation for them.  And the worst part for AT&T is they have to get all of it in a specific market to be able to deploy a 20MHz carrier.  That becomes unlikely.

I expect AT&T will not walk away with spectrum out of AWS-3 that is going to make them a player against Tmo, Verizon or Sprint for speed.  And when and if they do in a few places, it will be well after the other three are completely built out and advertising their faster than AT&T networks.  AT&T will be well known as the slowest LTE network, and their AWS-3 spectrum winning will not be enough for them to promote a faster network than anyone else.

"Well, we are no longer the slowest in Oklahoma City and Omaha!" is not much of a slogan.

Robert

Perhaps if they do not do well on the coming auction they may start a strong push towards VoLTE to be able to refarm most if not all of their spectrum to LTE and have a more competitive position. Interesting things happen when under pressure. Competition is a beautiful thing.

Perhaps if they do not do well on the coming auction they may start a strong push towards VoLTE to be able to refarm most if not all of their spectrum to LTE and have a more competitive position. Interesting things happen when under pressure. Competition is a beautiful thing.

But they will not be able to refarm enough to do 20MHz channels for years, if ever.  AT&T is in a tough spot.

Robert

I searched on this topic but couldn't find anything regarding performance of the LG G2 on the network in Rochester, specifically Henrietta around RIT to Brighton near Winton.  Am I close in thinking it would be similar to the Nexus 5 since LG built both?

Great site, by the way, and I'm very encouraged by how much better Sprint has gotten here very recently.

Pretty stale news in the past week or two in Rochester, nothing new lately, we had a large amount LTE acceptances mid/late January to early February... There are still places where I go and no LTE and falls back to 3G, kinda wish now that they officially announced Rochester, NY that they would finish up what towers are going to be LTE for a while towers, (finish up this market!) :)  

Does kinda seem that they announced the launch then moved on to other markets. I'm having abandonment issues now. :wacko: Hasn't been a new tower going LTE in nearly a full month now. It's still way better than it was in December, in any case.

Does kinda seem that they announced the launch then moved on to other markets. I'm having abandonment issues now. :wacko: Hasn't been a new tower going LTE in nearly a full month now. It's still way better than it was in December, in any case.

I am sure there is some reason behind it.... Also we still have just one no NV complete that is a BUF switch (that still boggles my mind why it is..... Henrietta (Harris building).... They must be keeping there lease agreement there or else it probably would of been deactivated by now I would think.

They have not moved on to other markets. They have finished all the sites that have had their backhaul upgraded. All the remaining sites will go live one by one as the backhaul vendor finishes up and the backhaul is live and ready. Then Samsung will send an integration tech out to the site and fire up the LTE. One or two at a time.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1393948154138.jpg can some explain my voice service I'm near east ridge road Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

That app cannot see the voice network when you are connected to LTE on a Triband device.  Does your voice not work if you make a phone call?  It should drop off LTE and work just fine.

Robert

They have not moved on to other markets. They have finished all the sites that have had their backhaul upgraded. All the remaining sites will go live one by one as the backhaul vendor finishes up and the backhaul is live and ready. Then Samsung will send an integration tech out to the site and fire up the LTE. One or two at a time.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for the clarification, because I had thought Samsumg markets went on in clusters (more then one at a time). That may of been NV 3G I am thinking... lol

Posted Image

Passing through Dansville, NY today on a trailways bus and snagged this speedtest.

This is for anyone who discovers this thread who actually ventures that far south! Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 4

Passing through Dansville, NY today on a trailways bus and snagged this speedtest.

This is for anyone who discovers this thread who actually ventures that far south! Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 4

I think that site was the first LTE site to go live in Upstate NY. I found it extremely strange.

• Like 1

I think that site was the first LTE site to go live in Upstate NY. I found it extremely strange.

Why strange? It was just ready.... Robert would probably agree with me. IT is easier to accept towers fast outside metros first... Dansville and Brockport are outside major population...  

Why strange? It was just ready.... Robert would probably agree with me. IT is easier to accept towers fast outside metros first... Dansville and Brockport are outside major population...

I don't agree with anyone. :hah:

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2