Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Not exactly. An NV 3G accepted site has the new base station and antennas installed. However, the vast majority of the time it is only 3G due to the fiber (or microwave) backhaul not being present yet. As soon as the backhaul reaches the site, they'll fire up LTE.

You mean 35 as the backhaul speed? And do you know if this also applies to GMO sites?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I see we had a couple of LTE updates in the Rochester market but its been slow for the past couple of months, I'd say the November, December (2013), January and February (of this year 2014) was the fastest upgrade months especially for NV. It would be nice to see them finish up the full build sites for the LTE.  About 10 more to go for Full build sites. 

Hey everyone... 

Whats the word on SPARK in Rochester? I didn't think we were anywhere on the radar for SPARK, but my S5 that I just got a couple of days ago is displaying the little sunburst icon in the notification bar, and from everything I read, that means I'm connected to the SPARK network.

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?

Thanks...

Hey everyone... 

Whats the word on SPARK in Rochester? I didn't think we were anywhere on the radar for SPARK, but my S5 that I just got a couple of days ago is displaying the little sunburst icon in the notification bar, and from everything I read, that means I'm connected to the SPARK network.

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?

Thanks...

The Spark icon shows whether you are connected to it or not. 

Wow. Thats a big fail and completely misleading. Thanks for the info.

I don't know about misleading, more like confusing. Sprint calls its entire Triband LTE network Spark. All three bands working together. So, therefore, anytime you have an LTE signal, you get the Spark logo.

I agree with your sentiment though. Sprint would have done better to save the logo for their fast Band 41 LTE service only. And it would have saved a lot of confusion.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know about misleading, more like confusing. Sprint calls its entire Triband LTE network Spark. All three bands working together. So, therefore, anytime you have an LTE signal, you get the Spark logo.

I agree with your sentiment though. Sprint would have done better to save the logo for their fast Band 41 LTE service only. And it would have saved a lot of confusion.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I am just curious to know whether or not there are any new developments about the rollout of Band 41 in the Rochester market. I know the Band 25 LTE is not fully mature yet, so I'm guessing they may wait until it is to even consider it, but we can hope, right?

I am just curious to know whether or not there are any new developments about the rollout of Band 41 in the Rochester market. I know the Band 25 LTE is not fully mature yet, so I'm guessing they may wait until it is to even consider it, but we can hope, right?

We don't have specific information on where the rollout is occurring at this time. You might check your city and county for work permit to see if Sprint has applied for any. In many cities where the Band 25 rollout is not complete, permitting for Band 41 is already underway. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently Ill be sitting down with Dan Hesse tomorrow in Buffalo so I'm sure I will get some answers for everyone. By sitting down with of course I mean packed into a room with a representative from every NY dealer and by answers I mean something else sarcastic. 

• Like 2

Apparently Ill be sitting down with Dan Hesse tomorrow in Buffalo so I'm sure I will get some answers for everyone. By sitting down with of course I mean packed into a room with a representative from every NY dealer and by answers I mean something else sarcastic. 

Absolutely nothing to report from the pep rally other than the fact that Dan is really tall and Canada couldn't possibly be less interested in our desire to bring 800 Mghz to Rochester.

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing to report from the pep rally other than the fact that Dan is really tall and Canada couldn't possibly be less interested in our desire to bring 800 Mghz to Rochester.

He looked tall in the old commercials with him walking around.

They should break the law and do it anyway. It's not like there isn't a big ass lake in between us :-D

Does anyone know if they will turn on lte on tower on 1460 manitou rd. Hilton ny.....this is the tower I get my 3g from..im in greece still no lte signal here mill rd n greece rd....thank you.for any answers

Does anyone know if they will turn on lte on tower on 1460 manitou rd. Hilton ny.....this is the tower I get my 3g from..im in greece still no lte signal here mill rd n greece rd....thank you.for any answers

Do not ask others here to give you sponsor level info.  If you are not a sponsor, then you do not get that perk.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm now getting LTE in my office near the corner of State and Main.  Previously I was connected to the 640 Clinton Ave. tower.  Signal check doesn't say where you get LTE from but I assume it's the same tower that must have been switched on recently.

Edited by darkvibe
  • Like 1

Maybe I spoke too soon.  Back to 3G and signal check says 640 Clinton Ave.  Either they are messing with the tower or I picked up a different tower for a few minutes, which I have not noticed happening in the past.  Sorry for the false alarm!

• 2 weeks later...

There is one tower in west Webster that has not gone to 4g.

Is there anyway to find out when this one will be updated? I've seen town board meeting agenda items about replacing this tower with a taller one or moving it slightly.   

Thanks

Mike

Edited by Mr.Nuke
Edited to Remove Cascade ID