HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

The version I am using works fine. I found it on XDA. The shape of the flashlight is different compared to other versions (less Mag-Lite, more contemporary) but works the same way.

Link?

Welcome to the flashlight thread, everyone.

AJ

• Like 2

I've been using the same flashlight app for about two years. It's nothing fancy but it works. It's called Tiny Flashlight in the Play Store.

-Luis

I'm using that one also on my One.  Works fine.  Used it on every phone before my Evo since that had the HTC app.

My Incipio DualPro CF case came in.  No impact on signal like the Shine case has, which is interesting.  I like it so far!  I still don't know if I want to send back the Seidio Surface or just keep it; I really liked that case but wanted more protection.

Cool.  Now I'm looking for ways to carry it since I don't like having it in my pocket.  I got one of those magnetic pouches but the phone is a little too snug and the silicone probably doesn't help it slide in & out quickly.  The Seidio Active holster actually fit perfectly with the Shine when I had it so it'll probably fit the same with this one.  I returned the holster thinking the pouch would work but now I'm regretting it... durh!!  I'm too picky with this stuff.

Hey Gang, I just wanted to ask what kind of battery life you are experiencing. I haven't had the phone too long and I "think" it is pretty but it is hard to tell because I can't put the device down. How many of you keep the power save on all the time and what performance changes are noticeable?

Hey Gang, I just wanted to ask what kind of battery life you are experiencing. I haven't had the phone too long and I "think" it is pretty but it is hard to tell because I can't put the device down. How many of you keep the power save on all the time and what performance changes are noticeable?

During the day, I'm not a heavy user since I've got about 5 different computers and my iPad to choose from. When I get home at the end of the day, my battery is usually between 60 and 80%. That's after 10 hours off the charger. I do not ever use Power Saver except when it forces it when the battery is below 15%. On a heavy use day, when I'm not in the office, I get home with about 40-50% batter life remaining. 

During the day, I'm not a heavy user since I've got about 5 different computers and my iPad to choose from. When I get home at the end of the day, my battery is usually between 60 and 80%. That's after 10 hours off the charger. I do not ever use Power Saver except when it forces it when the battery is below 15%. On a heavy use day, when I'm not in the office, I get home with about 40-50% batter life remaining.

That's pretty good. I've just been downloading all my usual apps and what not which drains. I'm loving the phone so far. I just wish 4.2.2 was out for us already.

4.2.2 isnt much of an upgrade..really just added toggles, what im wishing for is a radio update 

There is a change with the apps and how they work in the bottom tray. There is supposed also supposed to be an added long press the home button for menu and a home/swipe up for GoogleNow. I do hope for a radio update also. 

How's battery life on this beast?  Debating on whether or not to upgrade...The lack of SD card and menu button kind of intimidates me.  :unsure:

EDIT: What's GS4 RF signal compared to the One?

The battery life on this phone is outstanding and based on my own personal experience(being that I did have the gs4 for a few days before returning it) comparing both devices, I would say they are both about the same when it comes to rf performance.  If you root, you can easily mod either the back botton or the home button to long press for menu.  The only thing I don't like is no sd card, but I have gotten used to managing my media a little more efficiently now.  

• Like 3

Damn, you guys were right. For owning the one for almost a week now I would have to say I am definitely warning up to blinkfeed. I like that it is just the article with the option to go to the main article if you want to read the comments. On another note, has anyone heard about the speakers being blown out? Since this phone is hard to fix if not impossible, I never put the volume all the way up to be on the safe side.

I hope 4.2.2 does come out soon. It would be nice to have a menu button.

Weird, my HTC logo is my menu button. :):D

Posted Image

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

B

How's battery life on this beast? Debating on whether or not to upgrade...The lack of SD card and menu button kind of intimidates me. :unsure:

EDIT: What's GS4 RF signal compared to the One?

The battery life on this phone is outstanding and based on my own personal experience(being that I did have the gs4 for a few days before returning it) comparing both devices, I would say they are both about the same when it comes to rf performance. If you root, you can easily mod either the back botton or the home button to long press for menu. The only thing I don't like is no sd card, but I have gotten used to managing my media a little more efficiently now.

I'd have to disagree. Comparing side by side the ONE it's constantly weaker lte signal and drops lte in the back half of my store where every other lte phones keep lte. This happens with both demo ONEs and my personal ONE.

Other than this issue I love the phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta