HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Back to the HTC ONE topic, I've noticed the ONE will roam sooner than the EVO LTE. At my friends house yesterday I was on roaming while my friend was still on Sprint, but with only one bar that would come and go on his EVO LTE. Other times I have noticed that I will also go into roaming first when compared to other phones on Sprint.

-Luis

Back to the HTC ONE topic, I've noticed the ONE will roam sooner than the EVO LTE. At my friends house yesterday I was on roaming while my friend was still on Sprint, but with only one bar that would come and go on his EVO LTE. Other times I have noticed that I will also go into roaming first when compared to other phones on Sprint.

-Luis

My US Cellular phone (GS4) will roam even with available native signal. It seems to move to the strongest network regardless of whether its native or not. I think its a product of the PRL they use though.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

My US Cellular phone (GS4) will roam even with available native signal. It seems to move to the strongest network regardless of whether its native or not. I think its a product of the PRL they use though.

Both phones were on the same PRL. I didn't mind, I was still able to use my phone, just an observation I made.

-Luis

Speaking of PRLs, yesterday my phone was pushed 55015. I think it had 25015 before. I don't remember what the differences are.... gotta refer to that PRL article here.

If it is a world phone it should have always had 55015 on a normal residential account. Not much difference between the two besides on international priority stuff. Pointless if you ask me.

Ah that would explain it since it's an HTC One.  Do you know if they ever figured out how to unlock the SIM slot?  I've heard everything from "wait 90 days" to "Sprint doesn't know how to unlock the phone" over on XDA.

Ah that would explain it since it's an HTC One.  Do you know if they ever figured out how to unlock the SIM slot?  I've heard everything from "wait 90 days" to "Sprint doesn't know how to unlock the phone" over on XDA.

Its been unlocked, but you have to call sprint to get them to do it.  This thread talks about it more in detail.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2243724

What do you guys think the chances are Google/HTC releasing software to turn the Sprint HTC One into a "Google Edition" without the need to root?

Slim to none but why not root? :huh:

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can only hope. Also, has one used Google Now to find the title to a song(alternative method without using "whats that song" widget? If so are there any issues? My friend got the One on AT&T and when using Google Now to find the title of a song it just "listens" but never finds it even though it is connected to LTE. My EVO LTE will find it in secs on a 3g. I have tried clearing the Google Search app's memory and cache and uninstalled/reinstalled updates. Can anyone confirm that it works properly on the Sprint HTC One?

I am not the best at it. I recently rooted my evo lte and bricked it and took about a day and a half to fix it. 

If your phone was actually bricked then you wouldn't have been able to fix it.  Its not hard to root unless you simply don't follow directions well(no offense to you just speaking in general)and its even ridiculously easier to get s-off.  You need to decide what is more important to you, vanilla android or slightly older software with sense 5.  If vanilla android is more important then just root and flash, you can even find youtube videos walking you through the process.  If they release an aosp build for any other One other than the One from google it will probably be for the developer version only.  Carrier specific devices will more than likely be SOL without root.

I can only hope. Also, has one used Google Now to find the title to a song(alternative method without using "whats that song" widget? If so are there any issues? My friend got the One on AT&T and when using Google Now to find the title of a song it just "listens" but never finds it even though it is connected to LTE. My EVO LTE will find it in secs on a 3g. I have tried clearing the Google Search app's memory and cache and uninstalled/reinstalled updates. Can anyone confirm that it works properly on the Sprint HTC One?

I haven't had any issues on wifi 3g or 4g.

What do you guys think the chances are Google/HTC releasing software to turn the Sprint HTC One into a "Google Edition" without the need to root?

Sprint is the only carrier I'm aware of that demands unlocked bootloaders on their devices, so I would say chances are pretty good.

You should at least be able to flash AOSP builds if you're rooted though, regardless.

Google's relationship with Sprint is far better than with Verizon. The chances of Sprint getting it are low but are 1000x higher than Verizon getting it.

I agree, I just found that Google Voice integrates well Sprint. When the contract on my Blackberry ends is September, I'm going to switch that phone number to Google Voice so both my mobile work number and personal number both ring to my HTC, and I carry one device.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Sprint is the only carrier I'm aware of that demands unlocked bootloaders on their devices, so I would say chances are pretty good.

You should at least be able to flash AOSP builds if you're rooted though, regardless.

What do you mean? Isn't the EVO bootloader locked? It is just super easy to unlock.

If your phone was actually bricked then you wouldn't have been able to fix it.  Its not hard to root unless you simply don't follow directions well(no offense to you just speaking in general)and its even ridiculously easier to get s-off.  You need to decide what is more important to you, vanilla android or slightly older software with sense 5.  If vanilla android is more important then just root and flash, you can even find youtube videos walking you through the process.  If they release an aosp build for any other One other than the One from google it will probably be for the developer version only.  Carrier specific devices will more than likely be SOL without root.

I haven't had any issues on wifi 3g or 4g.

Good point, rooting is easy. Honestly my only gripe is not being able to get ride of blinkfeed. I wish it was treated more like a widget, I think it would really cool if it could be resized like modern widgets.

What do you mean? Isn't the EVO bootloader locked? It is just super easy to unlock.

Good point, rooting is easy. Honestly my only gripe is not being able to get ride of blinkfeed. I wish it was treated more like a widget, I think it would really cool if it could be resized like modern widgets.

If you haven't used it then you might want to give it a chance.  When I first heard of blinkfeed I thought it would be a waste of space.  But after setting it up the way I saw fit, its turned into the number one feature I use on the phone and if the next htc phone doesn't have it, it would be a feature I would miss quite a bit.

• Like 1

I agree, I just found that Google Voice integrates well Sprint. When the contract on my Blackberry ends is September, I'm going to switch that phone number to Google Voice so both my mobile work number and personal number both ring to my HTC, and I carry one device.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I do this now.  It has been great since there are some people i want to call on one phone and people i want calling the other number.  The options you have with GV are great also.

My One has seemed to have died, it won't charge (no power light comes on) and it won't even power up. The home/back keys will light up and flash if I try to hold down power and/or power+volume down.

This blows.

Hold your power button for ten seconds and see if it comes back to life. It might take longer but that's the equivalent of a battery pull for that phone.

Edit. I just saw you've tried power. Just wasn't sure if you've done this.

My One has seemed to have died, it won't charge (no power light comes on) and it won't even power up. The home/back keys will light up and flash if I try to hold down power and/or power+volume down.

This blows.

Ok, what exactly did you do to it?

nothing it, it was working fine, still nearly full charge, the next time I picked it up it was dead from about 1pm when I noticed it.

I messed with it all night holding every possible combination of buttons down.

I've been searching around and found some posts mentioning to try remove sim card, so I did that (after finally finding something strong and thin enough to fit in the eject hole) and while it didnt seem to help at first, I was reading some more and it just powered on seemingly by it self.

nothing it, it was working fine, still nearly full charge, the next time I picked it up it was dead from about 1pm when I noticed it.

I messed with it all night holding every possible combination of buttons down.

I've been searching around and found some posts mentioning to try remove sim card, so I did that (after finally finding something strong and thin enough to fit in the eject hole) and while it didnt seem to help at first, I was reading some more and it just powered on seemingly by it self.

So its working now?

• Like 1