HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Sadly this is why I am scared to play media from my HTC One. Bums me out since the device was meant to be a media house.

Um... Are there a ton of people with this problem? Not really, so don't be scared, use the device man! :D

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I blast all my music on the One. I've never had a problem with it, I have noticed that the phone will opt to use one speaker at times instead of both. Just an observation, it only happens with videos. Maybe the videos were recorded in Mono instead of Stereo. 

-Luis

• Like 1

I blast all my music on the One. I've never had a problem with it, I have noticed that the phone will opt to use one speaker at times instead of both. Just an observation, it only happens with videos. Maybe the videos were recorded in Mono instead of Stereo. 

-Luis

People often forget to make sure their videos are stereo, I'm going to bet that's the issue, especially if it's YouTube.

• Like 1

People often forget to make sure their videos are stereo, I'm going to bet that's the issue, especially if it's YouTube.

So that would be an example of when I thought the speaker blew out. But it's still working as great as ever. You'd figure that it's 2013 and videos would always be in Stereo.

Off topic (but not really, just to the topic at hand), but I can't wait till we get 4.2, I'm looking forward to those quick settings :P Europe has been rolled out, we're next (hopefully)

-Luis

Would this be through the regular HTC Software Upgrades, or through a Sprint app?

-Luis

Software Upgrade

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

One can hope! Supposedly the update enables HD Voice (finally)

-Luis

Can someone remind me what the prerequisites are for placing an HD call? I know you need two HD voice capable devices, but what about on the network side?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Can someone remind me what the prerequisites are for placing an HD call? I know you need two HD voice capable devices, but what about on the network side? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

You have to be connected to an upgraded, NV'd tower, if I remember correctly.

Can someone remind me what the prerequisites are for placing an HD call? I know you need two HD voice capable devices, but what about on the network side? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't need to be on an NV site, it just needs to be enabled on the network. However, at last check, HD voice was not compatible between different base stations, such as Samsung to Ericsson, or from Sprint to another network. So, someone on Sprint in the southeast cannot call someone on Sprint on the west coast using HD voice.  I don't believe they have enable HD voice on the network yet due to these limitations. 

• Like 1

So not only do i not have this yet, i still dont have 4.2.2.. I thought this was a new phone :wacko:

How long as EU had it? and still nothing. Well, back to waiting.

No one has HD voice.... it's not enabled on the network.

You're complaining that you're 0.1 behind the latest edition of Android? Jeesh. It's still a great phone. The update has only been rolled out internationally for a few days. 

No one has HD voice.... it's not enabled on the network.

You're complaining that you're 0.1 behind the latest edition of Android? Jeesh. It's still a great phone. The update has only been rolled out internationally for a few days. 

Ah, i thought it has been out for longer.

Are they going to wait until the NV is rolled out every ware before HD voice is enabled or are they waiting for something else?

Ah, i thought it has been out for longer.

Are they going to wait until the NV is rolled out every ware before HD voice is enabled or are they waiting for something else?

I do not know for sure, but I imagine they are trying to work out the incompatibility issues between different equipment vendors. As it stands now, (even on NV equipment) HD voice will not go through between the east coast and west coast. Or southeast to northeast. 

So what does that mean?

Well, there was an update (usually optimization) to the radio so might be getting better LTE or even 1xRTT for that matter.  Might have less battery drain, lots of stuff could be jam packed into the update.