HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

anybody using a Mophie juice pack on their ONE?

http://www.mophie.com/product-p/2370_jp-htc-one-blk.htm

I've run into a couple situations where I forgot to charge my phone and needed to snap a few pics (daughter's drama awards last week) only to find my phone at 4% and dying mid-pic.

battery for me has been mainly outstanding. I can take off charger, use email and surf throughout the day, listen to music, and still be 40%+ when I leave work (would be on last legs on my old 3D).....but I'm thinking it might be a good option for when I'm stupid and forget to charge or am camping for a weekend without easy charger access.

So I picked up a One yesterday.  It's cool so far.... different.  I've noticed that 3G drops out a lot more than my Evo ever did.  Not too happy about that.  I may call Sprint to have them check to see if the UUIC / SIM ID is matching since I heard over on XDA that could be a potential issue when having data problems.  Also the 4G performance so far seems more or less the same as my Evo (or maybe a bit worse... signal seems flaky) but again this is less than 24 hours in so we'll see how this fares.  I've got 2 weeks!

Edited by Jaggrey

So I picked up a One yesterday.  It's cool so far.... different.  I've noticed that 3G drops out a lot more than my Evo ever did.  Not too happy about that.  I may call Sprint to have them check to see if the UUIC / SIM ID is matching since I heard over on XDA that could be a potential issue when having data problems.  Also the 4G performance so far seems more or less the same as my Evo (or maybe a bit worse... signal seems flaky) but again this is less than 24 hours in so we'll see how this fares.  I've got 2 weeks!

Try updating profile and see if anyting changes...  I remember when my wife got her Note 2, she was having some strange behavior in which she was getting multiple repeated text messages.  After a profile update, and a reset, everything was good...

....just a thought....

Try updating profile and see if anyting changes...  I remember when my wife got her Note 2, she was having some strange behavior in which she was getting multiple repeated text messages.  After a profile update, and a reset, everything was good...

....just a thought....

Yup, tried that already.

The one of the very first things I always do when I get a new phone is perform a hardreset.

The one of the very first things I always do when I get a new phone is perform a hardreset.

I typically root, s-off then hard reset through EPST.

:-)

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

So I'm having my classic dilemma when ever I have a new phone. I want to root this phone so badly. Has anyone rooted theirs? I've read online that it's been really simple to root. If you did what's your current ROM?

-Luis

I am also rooted and s-off, its an insanely easy process and I am running tranquil rom.  I would say viper/tranquil are the two most popular roms for Sprint's One, both have lots of customizable features.  If you are not into heavily themed roms then viper might be better being that it still maintains a more stock look where as tranquil is ridiculously themed out in blue everything, which by chance I so happen to like personally.  

One thing I wanted to run by you guys.  I called Sprint for kicks and verified that my SIM ID was the same one as was in their system.  He said that the main issue is when you're in an area with 4g, it will attempt to connect to it.  When the 4g signal is too weak for it to acquire, that's when you see 3g disappear instead of it just switching to 4g.  His theory was to put it on CDMA only 

Whatever... I'll see how it performs over the next couple weeks to see how bearable it is.  One thing I've noticed is either Sprint has really stepped up their game in rolling out 4g out here or the phone is doing better at detecting and holding onto it.  Definitely depends on the area tho; I still lose signal in parts of my house where my wife's S3 maintains signal.  Also the time to grab a 4g signal seems to vary.  Another thing to keep an eye on.  If that's even used.  It'd be nice if a radio update came out while I was trialing it.  

/ramble

mine is rooted, currently running viper rom

Smart man right here.

I'm on Viper Rom on the 4G LTE.

But, I have to say - when the Ourobors ROM is officially released (Sinister and Virus maon dev's) I won't be able to resist. My OG EVO and 3D were always Infected.

:D

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

• Like 1

So I'm having my classic dilemma when ever I have a new phone. I want to root this phone so badly. Has anyone rooted theirs? I've read online that it's been really simple to root. If you did what's your current ROM?

-Luis

Unlocked with s-off from revone and running bad seeds tranquil ROM. There is a lot of blue and inversion included in the ROM so might not be for you if your looking for something more stock.

Sent from my Tranquil HTC One with tapatalk 2.

Stupid question: The sticker on the back of the phone...keep it or get rid of it? I just got my Diztronic case and it looks terrible on there.

I took mines off, gives it a cleaner look.

• Like 1

Stupid question: The sticker on the back of the phone...keep it or get rid of it? I just got my Diztronic case and it looks terrible on there.

Turn the phone off

Hold volume down+power

Go down to "show barcode"

It should show the phone's ID number which is on the sticker, if so I do not see a reason to remove it.

• Like 1

-Luis

Took all of 5 minutes using Hasaan2000's root kit on XDA. Then do the terminal version to achieve s-off (not moonshine since that installs a diff bootloader)...then install Viper or CleanROM for the most stock experince minus bloat or take a shot with one of the now dozens of available custom AOSP/CM/AOKP roms out there.

I've been on Viper since it came out...gonna give CleanRom a shot this weekend since I loved Scott/Benny's work on the OG EVO.

I took it off and stuck it to the box the phone came in. Yes... I keep the box.    :P

• Like 2

I don't know if this applies to any of you guys but, I thought I'd pass it along.

It looks like if you bought your HTC One between 6/14 and 7/15, you might be able to get a free $25 Google Play credit. 

http://us.htc.com/googleplay/

(If previously posted, I do apologize.)

I do as well. People always seem so shocked when you hand them a used device in the original box. Glad I'm not alone.

From my experience selling used devices, at least here in MIA, the box can be the difference between $50 to maybe even $100 if it's a more popular device.

-Luis

Same here as well, I always keep my original box so when its time to resell I can get top dollar.

Keep it up guys, and this thread is soon getting retitled "Box talk."

In the meantime, what if you never got to see her "box"?

AJ