HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I think this is the reason why you aren't connecting to lte.

He's not having the issue, it was another poster.

I'd guarantee it's what is going on. We were never told about this or trained that this would happen with swaps. I only figured it out after a minute cuz I'm not retarded. My coworkers were suggesting ordering another phone and sit. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No need to get worked up...

LOL yeah, I just had a blonde moment.  I didn't even realized you had merged the thread. What can I say, I had a long day at work today and I'm hungry.

• Like 1

I'd guarantee it's what is going on. We were never told about this or trained that this would happen with swaps. I only figured it out after a minute cuz I'm not retarded. My coworkers were suggesting ordering another phone and sit. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sprint trained all the reps when the iphone 5 came as it was the first LTE device on sprint that used a SIM(EVO LTE, Galaxy Nexus, Viper, etc did not use a sim card. I just applied the same logic to any other phones that used sim cards and made sure all the uccid's were correct with the dec when swapping.

Okay, I might have lost track of who is replying to me.

I'm the one who swapped a defective One (bad camera) for a "refurb"  One and lost LTE (though ##rtn# says it's not a refurb.)

Do we think it is a SIM issue?  If so, what *exactly* should I ask the folks at the store to do for me?

If it helps, here is a screenshot of the LTE Engineering screen when I'm in "LTE Only" mode. (I don't seem to pick up the tower when I'm in any CDMA + LTE mode.)

What is "Error Code 19"

Thanks!

post-21633-0-72496900-1373413892_thumb.png

I'm the one who swapped a defective One (bad camera) for a "refurb"  One and lost LTE (though ##rtn# says it's not a refurb.)

Do we think it is a SIM issue?  If so, what *exactly* should I ask the folks at the store to do for me?

If it helps, here is a screenshot of the LTE Engineering screen when I'm in "LTE Only" mode. (I don't seem to pick up the tower when I'm in any CDMA + LTE mode.)

What is "Error Code 19"

Thanks!

What Rocket 87 posted is your exact issue

The SIM card is not active. They don't send a new SIM with the AE phone so you are suppose to move your SIM over. The problem is when you switch phones in RMS it auto puts on the uccc SIM that is suppose to go in that DEC. The rep needs to go back in and click change uccc SIM and put your SIM back on your account. Source, I have a one, have had it switched and work at an AE store. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What is "Error Code 19"

Thanks!

First try putting the sim from your defect phone into the replacement. If that does not work contact Sprint customer care or go into a corporate owned store so they can make sure the numbers match up, however not all Reps will know what to do(sadly most of them know next to nothing when it comes to trouble shooting). If you already sent the defect device back you will need customer care to send you a new one and then repeat the process to make sure they match in the system.

Unfortunately, I sent the SIM card away with the old phone. 

Now the biggest problem is finding someone at Sprint who knows what's going on. All anyone says is, "Is LTE enable in Mobile Data Options? Yes?  Then you're good to go!"

Ugh.

Thanks, everyone.

Unfortunately, I sent the SIM card away with the old phone.

Now the biggest problem is finding someone at Sprint who knows what's going on. All anyone says is, "Is LTE enable in Mobile Data Options? Yes? Then you're good to go!"

Ugh.

Thanks, everyone.

I don't work for Sprint or anything, so I don't know if this us the case, but it sounds like all you need to have them do is associate the new SIM with your account and remove the other one. However that's done. Hopefully it's that simple.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I don't work for Sprint or anything, so I don't know if this us the case, but it sounds like all you need to have them do is associate the new SIM with your account and remove the other one. However that's done. Hopefully it's that simple.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Sprint reps know the sim card as an ICCID. If your replacement phone came with a new sim, you can get the new sim activated yourself at sprint.com or at a store.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I went back to the Sprint store (been there before with this problem) and explained what y'all said. Amazingly, they still had my old phone/SIM card lying there, two weeks later.

They swapped in my old card, punched some numbers, and voila...LTE lit right up!

Thanks, everyone. I've talked to 4 or 5 Customer service people, gone to several stores.  One post here and problem solved!

• Like 6

I had my htc one replaced at the sprint store because my top speaker blew out. When they activated the new phone i had the same problem. Had LTE with my original htc one but not the replacement device. I called sprint on the phone and of course they were no help, so I did some investigating on sprint.com in my account. What happened was, the replacement device sim uccid that was in the phone did not match what was in the system. I called back had them verify what I had found. The rep changed the uccid # in the system and in 5 min I had LTE

I went back to the Sprint store (been there before with this problem) and explained what y'all said. Amazingly, they still had my old phone/SIM card lying there, two weeks later.

They swapped in my old card, punched some numbers, and voila...LTE lit right up!

Thanks, everyone. I've talked to 4 or 5 Customer service people, gone to several stores.  One post here and problem solved!

Good to hear! Glad it worked out.

I worked for up until mid May. Most people there aren't "techy" like us here, we breathe that stuff. Not to put the company or anyone down but a lot of reps are like car salesmen with the occasional techy one. When I was at a sales only store I was unofficially known as the "tech" but here I am a newb when it comes to tech. Gotta find the right person in store and customer service. Glad everything was resolved for ya!

Imagine how much money could be saved in knowing this problem versus them ordering refurbs in trying to solve this problem.

Not only that but it shows the severe lack of training on sprints part, its pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

Imagine how much money could be saved in knowing this problem versus them ordering refurbs in trying to solve this problem.

Not only that but it shows the severe lack of training on sprints part, its pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

On the other hand, imagine how difficult it must be to train thousands to serve millions with technical issues.  Like it or not, the entry level workers that Sprint employs are not highly educated people with engineering degrees.

AJ

On the other hand, imagine how difficult it must be to train thousands to serve millions with technical issues.  Like it or not, the entry level workers that Sprint employs are not highly educated people with engineering degrees.

AJ

I wouldn't expect all store level employees to be trained on this but I would definitely expect each stores technicians to be trained on it, after all I think they are the ones that determines whether or not a phone should be replaced or not.  

• Like 1

At least as far as my training went stuff like this is not covered. The majority is common sense and taking what you've learned from working on previous phones and applying it to the situation. Sum swapping is a no brainer since the iPhone needs one to work and they've needed to be swapped for awhile.

But the statement does hold true that most don't know what to do. Another tech in our district called to ask how we open the One so we can replace a mic. -_- 'nuff said.

• Like 1

Well my replacement HTC one is now being swapped for another replacement. Both with the same issue blown top speaker. I honesty can believe they would design a phone that can't be dismantled without destroying it in the process. I don't know what is causing the top speaker to blow, it's a little disappointing really. I don't keep the volume all the way up, out of fear the speakers will blow out, and it's happening any way.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Well my replacement HTC one is now being swapped for another replacement. Both with the same issue blown top speaker. I honesty can believe they would design a phone that can't be dismantled without destroying it in the process. I don't know what is causing the top speaker to blow, it's a little disappointing really. I don't keep the volume all the way up, out of fear the speakers will blow out, and it's happening any way.

Htc actually has a tool that can take them apart without destroying it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've seen a guy that's blown 2 top speakers. I don't know how, I use my phone to watch Netflix and listen to music daily with the volume way up.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I honestly don't know what is going on. It must be me... I don't really watch much video on my device. I do stream Sirius, maybe once or twice a week, but when I do the volume is around 75% up not maxed out by any means. The first thing I did when I got my first and replacement device was turn the volume to what I believed was a safe operating level. Thank god I have insurance.

My confidence in HTC build quality falling very quickly. I was thinking about purchasing their Windows 8 phone soon but I may have to go with the Samsung.... I really do like the dual speakers, but it's a pain in the neck to keep swapping devices. I can't stand wasting time setting up the replacement devices, transferring data, downloading all my apps. If this phone was only repairable....

I honestly don't know what is going on. It must be me... I don't really watch much video on my device. I do stream Sirius, maybe once or twice a week, but when I do the volume is around 75% up not maxed out by any means. The first thing I did when I got my first and replacement device was turn the volume to what I believed was a safe operating level. Thank god I have insurance. My confidence in HTC build quality falling very quickly. I was thinking about purchasing their Windows 8 phone soon but I may have to go with the Samsung.... I really do like the dual speakers, but it's a pain in the neck to keep swapping devices. I can't stand wasting time setting up the replacement devices, transferring data, downloading all my apps. If this phone was only repairable.... Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Sadly this is why I am scared to play media from my HTC One. Bums me out since the device was meant to be a media house.