T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

My best friend isn't too happy about T-Mo. They want him to pay $450 down to get the iPhone 6 Plus and they will only give him what he owes them for his 5S. I'm trying to convince him to go to Sprint. He's just being stubborn because he thinks that he will have to pay a deposit of the same size. I've tried to convince him otherwise.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

My best friend isn't too happy about T-Mo. They want him to pay $450 down to get the iPhone 6 Plus and they will only give him what he owes them for his 5S. I'm trying to convince him to go to Sprint. He's just being stubborn because he thinks that he will have to pay a deposit of the same size. I've tried to convince him otherwise.

It is quite possible that he may have to. Sprint is also tightening credit standards significantly, too.

Tmobile and Sprint have upped the credit standards to get 0 down unless you have been with them for 3 years or more. Even Claure basically said he would rather lose customers than get bad credit customers more likely not to pay etf or their bills.

It is quite possible that he may have to. Sprint is also tightening credit standards significantly, too.

Tmobile and Sprint have upped the credit standards to get 0 down unless you have been with them for 3 years or more. Even Claure basically said he would rather lose customers than get bad credit customers more likely not to pay etf or there bills.

I've already asked on pricing, and Sprint is still a cheaper deposit for lower credit levels than what T-Mobile wants from him. I'm trying to get him into a Sprint store so they can see what deposit he needs to come up with. Sad thing is, his credit score is higher than mine.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Rumored change coming to T-Mobile with how much they charge for SIM cards.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/11/t-mobile-to-raise-sim-starter-pack-price-to-15/

I thought AT&T charged the same amount too for a sim?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by derrph

Rumored change coming to T-Mobile with how much they charge for SIM cards.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/11/t-mobile-to-raise-sim-starter-pack-price-to-15/

I thought AT&T charged the same amount too for a sim?

AT&T charged me $25 for a SIM card the last time I had to get one (excluding activation fees), so $15 is still cheaper.

AT&T charged me $25 for a SIM card the last time I had to get one (excluding activation fees), so $15 is still cheaper.

Geeze. All for a little plastic.

Edited by derrph

They used to regularly put these on sale for free but haven't seen it happen in a while

They better not try to go carrier on us on the sly lol.

Well at some point people will realize that while things may appear sunshine and roses and one giant party full of cursing and caring about the little guy, the company still has to function.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a negative shift in NPS soon.

The uncarrier needs profit....just like a carrier does.

What are you talking about?

#unprofit

:P

AJ

• Like 4

You can get sim cards at Target for $10, some target mobile stores will give them for freee. I got a free sim card twice from Target Mobile.

From what I hear, phoenix is a great T-Mobile area (Spectrum wise) but I haven't tested it myself.

Sent from my LG-LS980

where i live in new jersey t mobile beat sprint to the punch with lte and their lte is just as fast if not fatser then att and verizon i m on verizon contract and its actually decent sprint has no lte until you get to the high i can verify this because i have a prepaid boost mobile phonetriband phone and there is a t mobile tower 1 mile up the road from me sprints evdo is useless here again...i may pay off my debt to them once i see them improve and also their customer service.....but for now i ll still with verizon and my friend has t mobile and want ssomething more reliable...lol......

where i live in new jersey t mobile beat sprint to the punch with lte and their lte is just as fast if not fatser then att and verizon i m on verizon contract and its actually decent sprint has no lte until you get to the high i can verify this because i have a prepaid boost mobile phonetriband phone and there is a t mobile tower 1 mile up the road from me sprints evdo is useless here again...i may pay off my debt to them once i see them improve and also their customer service.....but for now i ll still with verizon and my friend has t mobile and want ssomething more reliable...lol......

Holy lack of capitalization and punctuation, Batman.  Is poor writing your super power?

AJ

• Like 13

Is it just me or are we starting to see SprintUser hacks on here?

Are you referring to current and/or former Sprint subs trolling S4GRU -- a la SprintUsers -- and promoting another wireless provider?  That has been a clear violation of S4GRU rules from the very beginning.  This is the T-Mobile discussion thread, but staff has locked it down once or twice before for chronic rule violations.  And if members cannot follow the rules, staff will not hesitate to do likewise again -- possibly even hide the thread from view forever.

AJ

• Like 3

Are you referring to current and/or former Sprint subs trolling S4GRU -- a la SprintUsers -- and promoting another wireless provider? That has been a clear violation of S4GRU rules from the very beginning. This is the T-Mobile discussion thread, but staff has locked it down once or twice before for chronic rule violations. And if members cannot follow the rules, staff will not hesitate to do likewise again -- possibly even hide the thread from view forever.

AJ

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416285511.522686.jpg

• Like 1

I have not been charged for the seven AT&T SIM cards I have received in the store...yet.  When I started service with 3 Nexus 5's and a Galaxy Mega...no charge.  When the SIM card on my Nexus 5 started giving me errors...switched out...no charge.  And when my son decided to get an Amazon Fire Phone and changed to Nano SIM from Micro...no charge.  And when I added a line for my daughter on a used phone, no charge for the SIM card.  I guess if you just said, "hey, gimme a SIM card", maybe they will charge for that.

• Like 2

I have not been charged for the seven AT&T SIM cards I have received in the store...yet.  When I started service with 3 Nexus 5's and a Galaxy Mega...no charge.  When the SIM card on my Nexus 5 started giving me errors...switched out...no charge.  And when my son decided to get an Amazon Fire Phone and changed to Nano SIM from Micro...no charge.  And when I added a line for my daughter on a used phone, no charge for the SIM card.  I guess if you just said, "hey, gimme a SIM card", maybe they will charge for that.

When I had at&t it depended on the store, most of the company owned stores its free, the authorized retailers, good luck lol!! (some of them are decent and some are not good). 

• Like 1

How does your son like the Amazon Fire Phone?

How does your son like the Amazon Fire Phone?

It's weird and wonky.  So he loves it.  It matches his personality.  Since it's just a secondary phone for him, it's perfect.  He spends a lot of time praising it and bitching about it.  He is starting his own smartphone collection.  So whenever a phone on his list gets below $200, he guys it off Ebay.  And of course, Fire Phone prices are sinking like the Titanic.

• Like 3