15 New Cities to Officially Launch LTE on Sunday, 12-16-2012

Thanks, hoping to see some more NV upgrades on the NW area of the Indianapolis market soon, I thought there would have been at least 1 more tower upgraded in this area prior to launch, still pretty sparse at this point. Good coverage over the Carmel area though.

Rage rage... Can't wait for the Los Angeles launch.

and a wider OC buildout...and launch...and hopefully a viable connection where I need it.

Sprint has launched Chicago. It's on their coverage maps over the whole city. That's official to me. I changed them to launched on the NV Running List.

Even though they aren't complete, they are farther along in the Chicago market than even any other Sprint market. Launched or not.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Sprint has launched Chicago. It's on their coverage maps over the whole city. That's official to me. I changed them to launched on the NV Running List.

Even though they aren't complete, they are farther along in the Chicago market than even any other Sprint market. Launched or not.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Maybe I missed it, but the last time I saw Chicago included in an announcement, it specifically said it was only for the suburbs, not the city. Does anyone have an official quote?

Maybe I missed it, but the last time I saw Chicago included in an announcement, it specifically said it was only for the suburbs, not the city. Does anyone have an official quote?

I don't think it gets more official than adding it to the coverage map. I don't think there has been an official Press Release on the subject. And there may never be. But a Press Release is just a snapshot in time. There is nothing different about the network the day before or the day after any announcement.

And right now, Sprint has more square mileage of LTE coverage in the Chicago metro area than Verizon or AT&T did when they launched LTE in Chicago. And there are more square miles of Sprint LTE coverage than WiMax coverage now. What more do we want? And they are even still deploying. Sprint may be waiting until 100% coverage before they say something further about Chicago.

I don't know why we get caught up on the launched announcement. It just doesn't mean anything, really.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 4

wish they would of done omaha before Puert Rico

What is that saying? You can wish in one hand...

AJ

• Like 2

wish they would of done omaha before Puert Rico

I wish for a well-done Omaha steak before dessert.

But seriously, it's all about the roll of the dice, or how the wheel is spun.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I'd rather go to Puerto Rico than Omaha. We will not tolerate market bashing or play the 'we're better than that market BS.'

Thread closed.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 2