Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

This is a Sprint site on top of a two-story building. I presume it's fitted with NV equipment, but still hasn't been rated NV complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is that site located?

This is a Sprint site on top of a two-story building. I presume it's fitted with NV equipment, but still hasn't been rated NV complete.

ysyvu9ap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still see legacy panels. The lower panels attached to the building have RRU's, but are too small to be Sprint NV panels.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I still see legacy panels. The lower panels attached to the building have RRU's, but are too small to be Sprint NV panels.

Interesting, I thought they were Sprint's panels. I'll guess the new panels should be placed beside the legacy ones. I pass this site daily on my commute to work, so i'll notice any difference. Thanks.

It seems to me that most of the panels that have been posted in PR are smaller than I would expect to see, unless all the pictures have been of the wrong panels. Those are very similar to many different images that are in this thread. I don't know if they are Sprint or not.

Don't know why, but after seeing eHRPD in my home and work I become addicted to toggle airplane mode on/off hoping to see a 4 instead of the 3 right next to the G.

you are not the only one! can not wait for LTE in mayaguez! at least the 3g here is faster now

• Like 2

is that info true? anybody can verify if verizon will take control of openmobile or its just a rumor........

This was a rumor. Open invested their own cash on their LTE network, they might use the same equipment as Verizon (either phones or antennae equipment) but that rumor is false. Verizon cant come to the island for a few more years, part of the agreement they had when they sold their assets to Claro.

This was a rumor. Open invested their own cash on their LTE network, they might use the same equipment as Verizon (either phones or antennae equipment) but that rumor is false. Verizon cant come to the island for a few more years, part of the agreement they had when they sold their assets to Claro.

I'm sorry to tell you this is not a rumor. Verizon paid for Opens LTE network. And they are requiring Open a handful of customers on postpaid plans before the do anything else here.

Hey there.... Having the airave at home.... Do i have to update it or do something..cuz right now its connected to EVDO....

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Hey there.... Having the airave at home.... Do i have to update it or do something..cuz right now its connected to EVDO....

that's all it's capable of, there's no eHRPD, and obviously no LTE on Airaves

that's all it's capable of, there's no eHRPD, and obviously no LTE on Airaves

Then i hope that when Mayagüez gets LTE i dont need it anymore.....

I'm sorry to tell you this is not a rumor. Verizon paid for Opens LTE network. And they are requiring Open a handful of customers on postpaid plans before the do anything else here.

Trust me on this... Open paid for their network and went pretty deep into their pockets getting Ericcson to get them LTE and Prepa Net to get the fibers for it...

In Guaynabo after getting a week of perfect eHRPD, now data doesn't even works during the day. It constantly keeps switching between ehrpd, evdo rev a or 1x and it wont connect to the internet.

Hopefully they are still working.. Both sites appears as 3g/4g ready.

Funny thing is it stabilize after 2AM.