EVO 4G LTE Android Jelly Bean Update 3.15.651.16

wjrandon

I think the connection optimizer would help me out since I'm always in places with little to no signal but decent WiFi speeds. I think I may like this thing more than I expected.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Its not really what you guys think it is. The real name should be wifi offloader.

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1

Its not really what you guys think it is. The real name should be wifi offloader.

Well whatever you want to call it. I think it's a good idea to help Sprint and to improve the customers internet experience especially now with the 3g networks over burden with users.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed the image resolution option is gone from the camera settings? I can't find it anywhere. My wife's S3 has it listed by the video quality, but my evo does not.

It's still right there. Right next to the video options. It's called aspect and resolution.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It's always best when major changes have been made to give the device at least a couple of charge/discharge cycles before making any determination about battery life effects. There may have been battery intensive things going on behind the scenes following the update that won't be a factor from now on.

I do like the new Power screen now.

ymFUD.png?1

I hope your right. I agree with leozno1 that battery life has taken a hit. Though I am really enjoying the polished look and performance of Jelly Bean! Everything feels so fluid and smooth. I never realized what I was missing.

I noticed a power drain when I let Now run battery life had dropped to about half. With it off I haven't noticed to much of a added drain.

Still haven't really had any real test on the LTE connection. I have had a slight increase in holding signal longer in weak areas. Since I haven't had an major issue with connection in awhile it is hard to say I have seen much change.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

Anyone having issues with JB? It seems to force my email into landscape view regardless of how I hold my phone, and it's not running smooth either.

That seems uncharacteristic of the update. You might want to do a factory reset and start fresh.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

I love how the Playbook is the least secure Sprint document ever.

This was, by the way, about the only important thing in this week's playbook :P

Well, that, and, a recap that the iPhone 4 8 GB is relaunching. But I'm sure everyone everywhere who cared already knew that.

And I think there will be less and less "sensitive" information in the Playbook. If it is an NDA project or private it will not be added. Sprint is very aware it is not a secure document.

The 3G/4G problem has been fixed for the most part. I was standing next to what I thought was a 4G tower, but it was actually a NV 3G tower and I was picking up a weak 4G signal from a further tower. I guess that kinda explains the 1-2Mbps speeds I saw on LTE. I thought something was wrong with the tower.

Having Problems With The Text Entry Also. My Swype No Longer AutoSpaces, And As YouCan See, Capitalizes Every Word. Does AnyonE Know How To Fix This And Get My Microphone Back On My Keyboard?

Is it happening in all applications. I use swype mostly for texting and it is working fine. I tried the swiftkey flow beta, but it didn't work with most of the google apps.

I use a little battery saver app called Juice Defender. JD works as well as another app I used for a long time but requires fewer permissions.

Have tried quite a few keyboard apps, and finally settled on SwiftKey3, and love it!

My update experience to ICS went off with no problems at all. Can't say the same for Jelly Bean. Besides breaking my WIFI, icons have disappeared, and I find Jelly Bean more confusing and less straight forward than ICS. Guess I'll be on the phone with Sprint tech support today trying to sort it out. Not a happy prospect. Hopefully better than a reset and reload. Very frustrating after waiting this long.

For those complaining about minor issues here and there, have you performed a hard reset? This wasn't exactly a minor update so a hard rest should be performed.

• Like 1

Not a happy prospect.. Hope Sprint tech support has a solution, but not holding my breath. As a longtime propellerhead I despise calling any tech support. Going through the process is so annoying. Just let me speak with the highest tier guy there, and forget slogging through all the stupid Tier 1 support nonsense.

I use a little battery saver app called Juice Defender. JD works as well as another app I used for a long time but requires fewer permissions.

Have tried quite a few keyboard apps, and finally settled on SwiftKey3, and love it!

JD is hardly needed... Still surprised when ppl say they are using battery managing apps...

• Like 6

Not a happy prospect.. Hope Sprint tech support has a solution, but not holding my breath. As a longtime propellerhead I despise calling any tech support. Going through the process is so annoying. Just let me speak with the highest tier guy there, and forget slogging through all the stupid Tier 1 support nonsense.

Have you performed a hardreset?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how its worse than before... Before you'd leave WiFi on and it'd scan all the time and anytime it picks up a saved connection it connects automatically... From my brief reading on the new thing it seems it does the exact same as leaving WiFi on all the time, and just that it reduces the scan times when not connected to WiFi for extended periods...

Now as for JB experience... Complaints would be:

-HTC keyboard typing lag is horrid at times

- wtf is the need to STICK the battery saver in the notification dropdown even when NOT on?....if they just used the freaking quick settings tab on the pulldown they could put it there and all would be fine! How again this is left out is beyond me...

- LOVE how they folded and went with some JB theming in sense....TO BAD they forgot to change the color on the 1980s battery icon in the status bar! Wtf all this blue and then that ancient color still used...

-pluging into your computer is insane now! I do not need 3 fixed notifications when I plug into any computer saying file share/sync, debugging, and the tethering one! There is no longer a "charge only" option when you plug in as that is now considered file sync so ur phone will sync with HTC sync on any computer... Totally not needed. Haven't looked too indepth on that one but I don't like seeing "file sync" displayed when I plug into a random computer to just charge...

-gallery seems slow to show up every time from the time I click phone/photos to when it shows the albums/folders...

It is smoother and I do like it overall, just some big misses imho that hurt it. I like Google now to an extent as its cool to get a notification on how long it will take to get home from work taking X route...I just worry the battery sacrifice is not going to be worth it in the long run...

It is good to hear some positive stories about LTE though and ppl seeing better signal, and handoffs...least I've read a few saying that.

You must get better battery life than I do Sarge! Wish I could say different. Juice Defender is a simple little app. Not one of those Swiss Army app management jobs. To each his own, eh?

JD is not a simple app... Thing is a full blown task manager and possibly eats up more than it saves... Esp if a user can do things such as setting up syncing in the apps themselves as you see fit... Most people I see use it, use it to manage syncing of things which 99% time can be done on ur own in the app and save u more in the long run.

I can go full day here easy now with average-moderate use. That's all I need. Now if your in a poor service/speed area all the time ur phone will chew battery as it'll take longer to sync everything data wise than if in a solid fast area.

Please define hard reset for me MM.. Do you mean the old style back to scratch where everything must be reloaded, or what Sprint now calls a Hard Reset? Help me understand you, please!

A hard reset is a hard rest, starting from scratch.

Please define hard reset for me MM.. Do you mean the old style back to scratch where everything must be reloaded, or what Sprint now calls a Hard Reset? Help me understand you, please!

A hard reset is done through the settings, and deletes all the apps, settings, accounts etc. You have to reload your apps, log back in to everything and set up widgets and shortcuts. It takes some time, but it is well worth it if it improves performance. If you select the option "have Google backup and restore my data and settings" or something along those lines, it will reinstall all the apps that you had before the reset automatically.