Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

What exactly are you rolling your eyes at?

:rolleyes::bullhorn: Whatever I please.

Disrespecting S4GRU Staff is a violation of our rules. Keep in mind that I ban whomever I please. Be respectful or go somewhere else.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 6

Picked up 4g right on saddle creek and Cummings, only for a split second. I mapped it on sensorly.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I live in this area so I'm going to hunt down the LTE today! I couldn't pick it up a couple days ago but started using Sensorly and LTE Discovery yesterday and together, they work great.

Bellevue/Papillion have some great coverage already. My parents live off 72nd and Cornhusker and I was able to hold LTE from there, East to 275 and North on 275 all the way past L street. When I finally dropped signal, I had less than 250 3G points and the 360 4G in the screen shot. :)

Posted Image

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was getting intermittent 4G around the zoo on Sunday, and the data speeds weren't that great. They could just be testing at this point in time.

with such a low test I would guess that you were on the very fringe of coverage and/or sever used wasn't good

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

with such a low test I would guess that you were on the very fringe of coverage and/or sever used wasn't good

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

yes i think he was on the fringe of the bellevue tower.

yes i think he was on the fringe of the bellevue tower.

That makes sense, because as I went into the zoo, my coverage switched back to 3G. I thought they were testing based on that. I was out in West Omaha today around 144th and Center in an LTE zone and got much better performance.

That makes sense, because as I went into the zoo, my coverage switched back to 3G. I thought they were testing based on that. I was out in West Omaha today around 144th and Center in an LTE zone and got much better performance.

There's currently only a couple of towers in LTE enabled in Omaha, so coverage isn't going to be very widespread, and you'll likely find yourself on a fringe signal fairly often, which will make is seem like the network is poor. Once more towers are online, it will be a much more consistent experience. 

Word is (unofficial from Sprint) we should have 75 towers up by the end of August. If it didn't come from someone I know very very well and trust, I wouldn't believe it, but.... Sit back and watch some LTE magic happen for us, finally.

• Like 1

Word is (unofficial from Sprint) we should have 75 towers up by the end of August. If it didn't come from someone I know very very well and trust, I wouldn't belive it, but.... Sit back and watch some LTE magic happen for us, finally.

Would your very well trusted source happen to know anything about the hold up in central Iowa? :)

Tried remapping 2 areas today running sensorly LTE discovery together and still nothing, starting to think my phone is broken.

What phone do you have? I heard the EVO LTE has a crappy LTE radio.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Word is (unofficial from Sprint) we should have 75 towers up by the end of August. If it didn't come from someone I know very very well and trust, I wouldn't belive it, but.... Sit back and watch some LTE magic happen for us, finally.

Would your very well trusted source happen to know anything about the hold up in central Iowa? :)

Doubt that but I'll ask anyway.

Tried remapping 2 areas today running sensorly LTE discovery together and still nothing, starting to think my phone is broken.

What phone do you have? I heard the EVO LTE has a crappy LTE radio.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have a buddy with a Note 2 and Evo LTE and sadly enough, the Evo is hard pressed to get LTE in most of the places his Note does.  :(

My HTC One has been great!

Until you have it next to another phone that is connecting to LTE, you can't really know that. At this stage in a market's progress, it's not unusual at all for signals to go off and on unpredictably, for various reasons. 

I have heard from a local source that backhaul work hasn't started yet in the Eastern Iowa market. This includes Iowa City, Cedar Rapids and the Quad Cities. Apparently Mediacom (the local cable provider) is installing the backhaul in all of the metro areas. My source didn't know who would be running backhaul for the rural sites. CenturyLink is the local ILEC, but Iowa does have several independent local phone companies which may be contracted to run backhaul in rural areas.

It looks like basically all Cedar Rapids sites are upgraded and accepted already, based on the latest map updates. Now we begin the wait for backhaul!

Hopefully the full-builds will be starting soon in Des Moines, once the crews are done in Eastern Iowa.

I have heard from a local source that backhaul work hasn't started yet in the Eastern Iowa market. This includes Iowa City, Cedar Rapids and the Quad Cities. Apparently Mediacom (the local cable provider) is installing the backhaul in all of the metro areas. My source didn't know who would be running backhaul for the rural sites. CenturyLink is the local ILEC, but Iowa does have several independent local phone companies which may be contracted to run backhaul in rural areas.

It looks like basically all Cedar Rapids sites are upgraded and accepted already, based on the latest map updates. Now we begin the wait for backhaul!

Hopefully the full-builds will be starting soon in Des Moines, once the crews are done in Eastern Iowa.

Lol and we are opposite in central Iowa. Backhaul is getting installed but no workers to install equipment.

Before I even begin, I just want to clarify that this is NOT a rant!! This is simply a collection of reviews and results of what is currently real time with many Sprint customers, paired with submissions from others whom are fortunate to experience Network Vision and LTE completed in their area. 

Please feel free to post a before(if you have it) and after results of your data rates in your location, 3G and 4G(if possible.)

My City: Omaha, NE

Current Status: Network Vision not completed, in progress

LTE Tower at one location, 156th and Industrial Ave (As far as I am aware)

Speed Test Location: 144th & F St

Before (October 2012)

12GuISi.png

After (July 4th, 2013)

q12GVEX.png

As you can see, significant improvements have been made to the tower near my location, although I still find these speeds to not be as good as I would prefer. I dont think this tower has recieved the Network Vision upgrade as of yet, I just think they had a tech increases data backhaul.

Sprint 4g LTE Test Results from friends galaxy S3

qRnko7t.png

The 4G test result above shows "sioux city, ia" but thats just the server he is running speedtest through, he was located at 156th and center, right by the new LTE tower. 7.2mbps not too shabby. I was told this LTE tower is in beta stages.

After (July 4th, 2013)

As you can see, significant improvements have been made to the tower near my location, although I still find these speeds to not be as good as I would prefer. I dont think this tower has recieved the Network Vision upgrade as of yet, I just think they had a tech increases data backhaul.

Baby steps.

Confirmation that a few towers are live in Lincoln. 84th and O st and Pioneers.

Friends have connected to LTE all down 84th.

I've gotten one bar near the new arena with 1MB speed. Forcing 3G got me faster speed with better dBm. Also same on 14th and old Cheney.

3G speed has improved downtown. 1.7 MB vs 1 or below normally.

I don't have an activated android at the moment or I would prove with sensorly. iPhone version doesn't seem to do much.

• Like 1