Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

My phone must be broken because I found very very little lol. I couldn't find it where Big merl found it earlier but I found it in another area and I think I uploaded it to sensorly successfully.

It is between 28th and 26th and Harney downtown. Sorry if pics are lame, taking them with my phone.

Think is where it was coming from

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Not a Sprint site! Sorry.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Oh well, it was the only thing around where I got 4g that looked likenit might be lte equip, I would only get the lte signal under that tower, if I went to far from it it would drop instantly.

That would indicate that you are pretty far from the source, and just happened on a spot with a weak signal. If that was indeed the tower, you would have been able to keep your connection for longer.

The tower you are connecting to is south of I-80 in South Omaha.

Oh well, it was the only thing around where I got 4g that looked likenit might be lte equip, I would only get the lte signal under that tower, if I went to far from it it would drop instantly.

That would indicate that you are pretty far from the source, and just happened on a spot with a weak signal. If that was indeed the tower, you would have been able to keep your connection for longer.

Are towers that strong. Where I was I had 4 bars.

I didn't go south of Chandler Road.  I assumed that it was the tower North of 25th and Chandler according to Sensorly.

That seems to make sense.  As others have said at times my phone reported max bars which is odd since sensorly seems to be able to report signal strength much better.  Anyway I'm still patiently waiting and am just happy to see something happening.  Waiting years for the next big thing has been painful.  I've enjoyed Sprints low prices though.

Are towers that strong. Where I was I had 4 bars.

Your phone does not indicate LTE strength in bars. That's your 1x signal strength. You need to go into the engineering screen, or use signal check pro from the app store to see your LTE strength.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I live in Papillion and work in Council Bluffs.  Last night I noticed the 4g in the menu bar and have 4g in my house this morning.  According to speedtest.net I have 1512 down and 601 up with a ping of 104 ms here at home.  I live right behind the Lowe's and Wal-Mart on 72nd and Giles.  I have been waiting for faster mobile service for 3 yrs now and hard to believe it is here.

• Like 1

I live in Papillion and work in Council Bluffs.  Last night I noticed the 4g in the menu bar and have 4g in my house this morning.  According to speedtest.net I have 1512 down and 601 up with a ping of 104 ms here at home.  I live right behind the Lowe's and Wal-Mart on 72nd and Giles.  I have been waiting for faster mobile service for 3 yrs now and hard to believe it is here.

Wait, so you have LTE on 72nd and Giles?  Did more towers pop up?  If you are connected to LTE,  please download the Sensorly app and have it map it.

Had lte too on iPhone 5 drove around and tried to find the tower but only found legacy 3G equip but was getting 4 meg to 20 meg DL and 2 to 6 up nice keep up the good work sprint

So is anyone getting a sustained signal? My just keeps connecting and disconnecting constantly. Only stays on maybe 10 min at a time. Not moving and live 2 blocks from tower in Lincoln by hwy34 and I 80

I think I found my tower thanks to the Google Cards.  I noticed they kept trying to send me home, so I clicked to see where it thought I was.  It keeps reporting me near 28th and Woolworth.  When I switched back to 3G it found me just fine.  So I suspect there is a tower in that area that is barely reaching downtown.  It would explain why ShapeChanger was getting signal at the KMTV site also. 

So is anyone getting a sustained signal? My just keeps connecting and disconnecting constantly. Only stays on maybe 10 min at a time. Not moving and live 2 blocks from tower in Lincoln by hwy34 and I 80

they are probably still testing the site???

I did download sensorly and ran the tests and mapped it.  I have had steady 4g at the house since yesterday.  I would put up screenshots but the files are too big for 500 mb limit here.  To me it looks like they are working outside the city and working in.

jallp82, on 30 Jun 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:snapback.png

they are probably still testing the site???

Well they have a crane at that tower today. Must have been having issues with it.

Maybe somebody can assist me with understanding this but around 2AM this morning I took a drive around Bennington and downtown Omaha with Sensorly. I had 4G for a second around Saddle creek and Cumming Street. That I took for "accidentally" getting that signal even though when I re-drove that street and surrounding streets I couldn't get it again. That isn't my question. When I went downtown I got spotty 4G in some areas such as 15th and Howard. My speeds were about 1.62 Mbps down and 0.49 Mbps up which is nowhere near the 3.97 Mbps down and 7.34 up that I got in Bellevue Sunday morning around 4:30AM (I didn't have Sensorly turned on on Sunday as I didn't know about the app). My question is why is it that when I leave the 4G coverage by going around the block and coming back that I can no longer connect to the 4G tower. Are they blocking access after someone connects to the tower? This happened all night when I hit 3x4G areas.

looks like you were on the very edge of service and there are several factors the come into play if/when you can connect in those instances on the far edge of service 

Maybe somebody can assist me with understanding this but around 2AM this morning I took a drive around Bennington and downtown Omaha with Sensorly. I had 4G for a second around Saddle creek and Cumming Street. That I took for "accidentally" getting that signal even though when I re-drove that street and surrounding streets I couldn't get it again. That isn't my question. When I went downtown I got spotty 4G in some areas such as 15th and Howard. My speeds were about 1.62 Mbps down and 0.49 Mbps up which is nowhere near the 3.97 Mbps down and 7.34 up that I got in Bellevue Sunday morning around 4:30AM (I didn't have Sensorly turned on on Sunday as I didn't know about the app). My question is why is it that when I leave the 4G coverage by going around the block and coming back that I can no longer connect to the 4G tower. Are they blocking access after someone connects to the tower? This happened all night when I hit 3x4G areas.

You are connecting to a fringe signal. In areas like this, with only a tower or two active nearby, when you are on the edge of service, it can drop in and out without really changing your position. It will also result in very low speeds. 

If you find yourself needing to run a speedtest (I don't recommend it, unnecessarily hogs network resources) use the speedtest.net app. Sensorly for some reason is always significantly slower than other apps. 

I have a consistent 4G connection around NW Lincoln. Well post pictures when I get to my computer later.

would probably have signal in more places if you had the s3 or note 2