Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

LTE is live in Downtown Omaha!  It just came online within the last hour.  I just pulled 1347kbps down, 1315kbps up with a 53ms ping using speedtest and am successfully, for the first time ever in Omaha, streaming a movie to my S3.  Whoo! 

I know there is still tuning to do and the rest of the city, but the fact that I'm connected by LTE is reason to celebrate!

Edited by Big Merl

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that?  All I know is my phone flipped over from 3G to 4G and my speedtest went way up.  I'm about 20th and Douglas streets.  Sorry that I don't use all the fancy stuff and that means I can't be trusted.  :(  I'll try to remember that when they turn on a tower near work.  

Thank you BPHusker, glad someone believes me. Go Big Red!

Sensorly is an app that marks connections on a map. You should download it and let it scan.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I think that means I figured it out correctly.  :)

I get LTE in my apartment, but when I went to ground level I had 3G.  I don't know how to scan to see if I could get LTE there or not.  The same thing happened with my old Evo on the other 4G they used to have downtown.

• Like 1

My wife was around 48th and Normal Blvd in Lincoln at 9:00 this morning and was getting LTE signal. She had to send me a text and ask why it says LTE where it use to say 3G on her phone because she didn't know what it meant.  :lol:

• Like 2

I'm glad to see the red stick days of Nebraska are coming to an end. Now if we could just get over being red sticked here in New Mexico. CenturyLink and Windstream are the bain if my existence! :(

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LTE is live in Downtown Omaha! It just came online within the last hour. I just pulled 1347kbps down, 1315kbps up with a 53ms ping using speedtest and am successfully, for the first time ever in Omaha, streaming a movie to my S3. Whoo!

I know there is still tuning to do and the rest of the city, but the fact that I'm connected by LTE is reason to celebrate!

Where at downtown? Ill stop down there after work.

Edit: stupid tapatalk glitched and I didn't see he posted where he found it. Ill still go down there to see if it is fluke incident lol :lol:

Edited by shapechanger101

LTE is live in Downtown Omaha! It just came online within the last hour. I just pulled 1347kbps down, 1315kbps up with a 53ms ping using speedtest and am successfully, for the first time ever in Omaha, streaming a movie to my S3. Whoo!

Where at downtown? Ill stop down there after work.

Edit: stupid tapatalk glitched and I didn't see he posted where he found it. Ill still go down there to see if it is fluke incident lol :lol:

It's marked on Sensorly. I drove by twice and didn't get a signal.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad to see the red stick days of Nebraska are coming to an end. Now if we could just get over being red sticked here in New Mexico. CenturyLink and Windstream are the bain if my existence! :(

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah I just downloaded their app and see it says it just about 24th and farnam. Wonder the other guy got a signal but not you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by shapechanger101

I don't know much about how towers work.  Is it possible I'm only seeing it because I'm above ground level?  I went down to the street and walked around for a few blocks and couldn't get any LTE.  I came back upstairs and it came back on the second I stepped off the elevator.

For a wireless nerd, red stick = blue balls.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I don't know much about how towers work.  Is it possible I'm only seeing it because I'm above ground level?  I went down to the street and walked around for a few blocks and couldn't get any LTE.  I came back upstairs and it came back on the second I stepped off the elevator.

They might have it turned onto some low power mode for testing or something.  I wonder if this will be the next accepted tower.

Here are where I picked up LTE this afternoon...

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=156th and center omaha, ne

Bellevue here.  I got some hits in Sensorly and my phone connected 4g for brief periods of time:  Switched quickly and seemlessly back to 3g.  Can't get 4g signal now inside my home.  3g is fast enough to play youtube video without caching.

Edited by mrportico

My phone must be broken because I found very very little lol. I couldn't find it where Big merl found it earlier but I found it in another area and I think I uploaded it to sensorly successfully.

It is between 28th and 26th and Harney downtown. Sorry if pics are lame, taking them with my phone.

Posted Image

Think is where it was coming from

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2