Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Sorry for the novice question, but when it comes to 800 smr, is it 1x800 or CDMA 800? I've always considered it 1x and only used for voice and text signal (so you could be connected to 1x800 for voice and text and LTE 1900 for data) but I've noticed some people refer to it as CDMA 800 as well. So can it handle data as well?

P.S. is 800 smr 1x advanced? Sorry again for such an axiomatic question.

Sorry for the novice question, but when it comes to 800 smr, is it 1x800 or CDMA 800? I've always considered it 1x and only used for voice and text signal (so you could be connected to 1x800 for voice and text and LTE 1900 for data) but I've noticed some people refer to it as CDMA 800 as well. So can it handle data as well?

P.S. is 800 smr 1x advanced? Sorry again for such an axiomatic question.

CDMA 800, 1x800, and SMR have been used interchangeable here to refer to the the 1x carrier on the 800mhz frequency.  It is just a 1x carrier and can support data up to 144kbps, but it's primary purpose is voice and text as you mentioned.

• Like 1

I have a Nexus 5 that is Sprint Spark Ready, but hasn't received the push from sprint that will enable Tri-band. I have manually enabled all 3 bands but I thought I read somewhere that won't matter until Sprint pushes an update. I was hoping someone could tell me if based off my screenshots, I can assume Spark is being tested here or will soon be lit up in Indy... I know we are pretty far along on the NV rollout. 

Thanks for replying to me.

Your N5 will be able to use Band 26 and Band 41 when available. It is unknown when those will be available in your market. However, Band 26 should be deployed in the next few months, especially since you are in a Samsung market. 

• Like 2

I say the ideal terminology is CDMA1X 800.

Need I say more?

AJ

• Like 3

I'm in the nTelos market of Beckley WV. Currently in a spot with around 3 bars of 3G but my phone suddenly switched to Extended 1x and is reading 800mhz. Any explanations?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

You are roaming on 850 Cellular.  Most likely US Cellular which owns the Cellular B block in Beckley.

Robert

• Like 2

Guest DigiClaws

Is CDMA1X 800 (For WiWavelength) set as priority 1 for all PRL's that are  for LTE & 800 SMR? I have PRL 55017 on my S4 (L720). Each time I'm around the few CDMA1X 800 sites in the DFW area I'd update my PRL and it'd connect to 800. That's not the case anymore. I got to thinking, could they be upgrading the towers to 800 and that be the reason?

Is CDMA1X 800 (For WiWavelength) set as priority 1 for all PRL's that are  for LTE & 800 SMR? I have PRL 55017 on my S4 (L720). Each time I'm around the few CDMA1X 800 sites in the DFW area I'd update my PRL and it'd connect to 800. That's not the case anymore. I got to thinking, could they be upgrading the towers to 800 and that be the reason?

the galaxy 3 and up(on Samsung) has had 800 set higher on the prl then pcs, that is why when you update your profile. It locks on to 800, but if your in a area that doesnt have updated towers to 800, your phone will go to pcs after scanning for 800 first. Also your phone will stay parked on pcs until it loses the signal from pcs then rescan to find the strongest signal. Once you get in a market, like I am in chicago. You update the profile, and should stay on 800 until it can't find any usable 800. The only phone that has weird or different prls are the iphones, No one on here knows why the iphone has pcs sent higer then 800. Yet my mom iphone does has really good radios in it and will hold on pcs longer then my galaxy 3 sometimes. Yet I am locked on to 800 now and typically have better service then her :). I hope I answer your question, I am trying to do my part on this website to help out B)

There isn't really anything you can do with a phone to determine that any Band 26 or 41 is testing or live in your area, other than connecting to it. Your screen shots weren't showing LTE of any flavor.

-Mike

Your N5 will be able to use Band 26 and Band 41 when available. It is unknown when those will be available in your market. However, Band 26 should be deployed in the next few months, especially since you are in a Samsung market. 

Thanks for the time and information. I really appreciate it. Can't wait for usable signal at my job!

I work in Los Angeles in a dense neighborhood full of multistory buildings, and I am finally able to make and receive phone calls deep inside of the building and subterranean parking where I had no service until about a week ago.  I'm guessing it is because of the recent CDMA1X 800 acceptances.  None of my co-workers on any of the other carriers can boast the same results.  Their jealousy is starting to manifest...

• Like 15

I work in Los Angeles in a dense neighborhood full of multistory buildings, and I am finally able to make and receive phone calls deep inside of the building and subterranean parking where I had no service until about a week ago.  I'm guessing it is because of the recent CDMA1X 800 acceptances.  None of my co-workers on any of the other carriers can boast the same results.  Their jealousy is starting to manifest...

Something more to look forward to where I am.  Florida seems to have a particularly dense network here, although not as dense as Shentel's, so I can only imagine how good the signal will be once 1x800 lights up. 

• Like 1

Something more to look forward to where I am.  Florida seems to have a particularly dense network here, although not as dense as Shentel's, so I can only imagine how good the signal will be once 1x800 lights up. 

Orlando is pretty much the same. I can't wait. Wish I could donate a few more bucks and become a premier sponsor so I can see 800 LTE sites.  :(.

i cant get over the number 800mhz acceptances in todays updates.  Boston alone more than 800 acceptances.

Robert, does your source not get 800 acceptances for the VT/NH/ME market?  At least two of my closest full build sites went online with 800 over the weekend with all of Bostons.  Other parts of maine have had 800 online for quite a few months, some are even off the test SID at this point in Portland.  Does AL just do something different up here with accepting versus the Boston market?

• Like 1

i cant get over the number 800mhz acceptances in todays updates. Boston alone more than 800 acceptances.

Robert, does your source not get 800 acceptances for the VT/NH/ME market? At least two of my closest full build sites went online with 800 over the weekend with all of Bostons. Other parts of maine have had 800 online for quite a few months, some are even off the test SID at this point in Portland. Does AL just do something different up here with accepting versus the Boston market?

You do know that all the crazy amount of 800 CDMA acceptances yesterday were just backlogs from a long time ago that Robert finally caught up to. It didnt all occur in the last one or two days.

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You do know that all the crazy amount of 800 CDMA acceptances yesterday were just backlogs from a long time ago that Robert finally caught up to. It didnt all occur in the last one or two days. Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying.  Question still remains though about the Maine market.

i cant get over the number 800mhz acceptances in todays updates.  Boston alone more than 800 acceptances.

Robert, does your source not get 800 acceptances for the VT/NH/ME market?  At least two of my closest full build sites went online with 800 over the weekend with all of Bostons.  Other parts of maine have had 800 online for quite a few months, some are even off the test SID at this point in Portland.  Does AL just do something different up here with accepting versus the Boston market?

I really can't say more than I post what I receive.

Robert

• Like 2

I don't know where to post ,if its not the right place i am sorry. Since couple days every time i make a call it goes into roaming but  its show call is connected through 800 band. Location Camden New Jersey.

Edited by benji827

I don't know where to post ,if its not the right place i am sorry. Since couple days every time i make a call it goes into roaming but  its show call is connected through 800 band. Location Camden New Jersey.

That looks like the proper 1x channel for Sprint on SMR, so I'm curious if there is another issue with the site.

Is that a stock PRL?  Looks like that 800SMR testing SID that isn't in stock PRLs.

I get the same thing, I think this is by design, it will not display more detailed information when it switches to 1x800 while on a call because you lack a data connection to receive any info. About the roaming, I believe this is a bug in the radio, sometimes it will display "roaming" (but signal check verifies 1x800) you are definitely connected to sprint. It seems like circuit switching weirdness. 

I posted about this previously with my Nexus 5.  came down to being a bug i think.  The network is putting you on to it, not the PRL at that point.