Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

'This is a thought, but what if they starting testing on Christmas, that would be some present.

I'm doubting that as I'm sure their activation side of the house is going to be busy and they don't want to mess with that.

Spotted some NV gear at the site on Old Hammond close to Flannery. I took the photos with my phone, but you can definitely see the new panels. I can't wait till some LTE gets turned on!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Had to chance to check on my list and this one was really wasn't on my high priority list. Without giving out info, this does open the "door" for me to go check on some others that I might have skipped.

• Like 1

To get off topic, has spirit updated the 4g lte icon yet, jus curious.

Not sure what you mean. As in cosmetic? Or 4g itself?

I could care less what it says or looks like. It could have pink polka dots for all I care as long as the speeds are there.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Im talking about on your phone, because if you are connected to lte the icon at the top only says 4g. Sprint said they will update it and I was wondering have they yet.

That's all it needs to say. Confused...

Maybe he means like it saying LTE instead of 4G

TS

Im going to have to simplify this, at the right corner of your screen next to the time and battery life, it tells you what you are connected to 3g or 4g or whatever. On a sprint device when you are connected to lte it just says 4g. And they said they were going to update the icon so it can say 4g lte. Simple

Oh.. I haven't heard of anything like that. Think you heard a rumor from a store.

I go to look at as many towers as I can ;)

Sounds kinda like a that rumor that new Orleans was getting wimax in 6 months...... For the last 3 years lol.

Sounds kinda like a that rumor that new Orleans was getting wimax in 6 months...... For the last 3 years lol.

New Orleans got wimax.. And several other cities. Just not full blanket coverage. LTE rollout will be much better though.

No, don't want to sound like I'm bagging on sprint. I'm talking about store associates promising blanket wimax coverage was coming soon lol. Yea new Orleans has wimax. One tower. Lmao. Got to use it twice. And no the coverage on sensorly, at least in my experience on the Westbank was inaccurate at best.

No, don't want to sound like I'm bagging on sprint. I'm talking about store associates promising blanket wimax coverage was coming soon lol. Yea new Orleans has wimax. One tower. Lmao. Got to use it twice. And no the coverage on sensorly, at least in my experience on the Westbank was inaccurate at best.

They weren't completely misleading. Clearwire had plans to deploy WiMax in the Top 120 markets. But only got to 71 markets before they ran out of money. The market design was complete, site leases being finalized and permitting under way in New Orleans, San Diego, Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Oklahoma City when Clearwire had to stop. New Orleans and San Diego were just about to start. And word didn't get out that deployment was cancelled for 6+ months. Everyone thought deployment was still imminent.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

They weren't completely misleading. Clearwire had plans to deploy WiMax in the Top 120 markets. But only got to 71 markets before they ran out of money. The market design was complete, site leases being finalized and permitting under way in New Orleans, San Diego, Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Oklahoma City when Clearwire had to stop. New Orleans and San Diego were just about to start. And word didn't get out that deployment was cancelled for 6+ months. Everyone thought deployment was still imminent.

Wow, I was not aware of that. How did I miss this info? I need to spend more time in the WiMax threads...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm heading to Slidell, or actually pearl river around mid February to visit my dad for a week... sure would be nice to see some lte around that area by then.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure you will have something there by then. I wish we had a spotter in that area today to check out several sites for us.

No 4g for Christmas. But I wasn't expecting it anyways.

Have plans to check out two sites in mid city/Bon Marche area tomorrow.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

To me, Bon Marche was a department store in the Pacific Northwest. Also known as The Bon. At least until Macy's bought them out and homogenized them.

• Like 1