Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Going up Perkins Rd on my way for lunch today I glanced over at the tower (http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__62042) behind Baton Rouge Clinic by the railroad tracks. Hoping as always to see some ropes dangling down or something, but nothing, although with a second glance I noticed the top of a small crane just barely stinking above the trees but not tall enough to reach the the panels. Circling around on Picardy, I found that in addition to the crane there was a truck, a pickup and some some guys. It looked like they were lifting a cabinet over the fence and unloading some pallets of equipment on the ground.

I went by this site yesterday. I couldn't find anything going or nor does it look different. Of course due to the privacy fence they could have something going on that I could not see, such as new basestation boxes or something like that.

I went by this site yesterday. I couldn't find anything going or nor does it look different. Of course due to the privacy fence they could have something going on that I could not see, such as new basestation boxes or something like that.

I went by this site a couple of days ago after seeing the crane there. The gate was open and the were a couple of guys working on something. Unfortunate ly traffic was heavy and I had to get to work. I will continue to watch it for any changes.

I went by this site a couple of days ago after seeing the crane there. The gate was open and the were a couple of guys working on something. Unfortunate ly traffic was heavy and I had to get to work. I will continue to watch it for any changes.

That would explain it. I do hope we are talking about the same site. I had pics previously in this thread of it. It's in like a doctor or small office building parking lot bumped up against the tracks right down Picardy from the McDonald's. I believe Sprint is on the top rack.

Keep an eye on it for us as they should be mounting RRUs after they are done with the ground work.

Sent from a little old Note 2

But we are seeing some work in New Orleans, and maybe there are towers being worked one that we haven't seen. Hopefully we do see something before the Super Bowl.

Yeah as I have said before quite a few of the towers in Downtown area are hard to identify so work may be happening on a few of them and we just can't see it. That is my optimisitic side talking.

• Like 1

Well has anyone experience better 3g at least we should have that by the superbowl.

In my experience 3G just keeps getting worse everyday, i called Sprint because it is useless 70% of the time and they said i had to wait until they upgrade the towers, and there was nothing they could do for now.

I know you want them to upgrade legacy sites, but it doesn't make any sense at all to add more equipment and/or add data lines to legacy sites when network vision could probably beat that T1 installation. On top of its a waste or money as it will be deactivated when the NV equipment is turned on at the site.

Well has anyone experience better 3g at least we should have that by the superbowl.

I have experienced better 3g in the past few months with speeds slowing down greatly over the past few weeks. Hopefully that is a side effect of them working on the towers.

In my experience 3G just keeps getting worse everyday, i called Sprint because it is useless 70% of the time and they said i had to wait until they upgrade the towers, and there was nothing they could do for now.

I am having the same experience with significant drop off of speeds and I live pretty close to all the downtown sites. Again my optimism leans towards upgrades happening currently.

• Like 1

Went by the completed site in Port Allen today. Since it was completed last month I didn't expect anyone there. Everything looked buttoned up at the tower. No 4g, no 800smr. Ehrpd was there like many other sites. Speeds were barely 1x speeds. Tried to even force LTE only.

Big mystery to me, the crews disappeared. Looks to me like they expected to have 4 or 5 crews here but ended up with 1. I was just lucky to find them that one time. Putting my tower hunting on hold for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1