Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I just heard from one of my sources that there is now one site live in the New Orleans market. I should get the site ID from him later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned. But until then, keep searching for LTE signals. You may find it before I post it!

Robert

• Like 7

I just heard from one of my sources that there is now one site live in the New Orleans market. I should get the site ID from him later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned. But until then, keep searching for LTE signals. You may find it before I post it!

Robert

Woohoo!! Keep 'em coming down I-10 ;) Went to a couple of sites near LSU for lunch and nothing happening over there. Maybe this will light a fire under some more NOLA folks to go scouting and start posting here.

To me, Bon Marche was a department store in the Pacific Northwest. Also known as The Bon. At least until Macy's bought them out and homogenized them.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

It's the old Bon Marche Mall. Cox Communications has pretty much taken it over as their NOC for the area after they shut down the one in New Orleans after Katrina. I believe it even used to have one Sprint's call centers at one time.

Whats the difference between the AT&T and Sprint panels? They both use those big squared boxes on the towers. I seen the pictures here but I cant find the difference.

Sprint will have 3 or 4 of the RRUs behind the panels. AT&T typically has one since they just bolted on one one panel and one RRU and hit the road. The Sprint panels are much larger and when looked at closely you can see the 6 wires going into the bottom of the panel.

Robert

Holy smokes. That is great news!

Hope someone can find it.

Thanks for the update.

Yeah I have gone through all of the pictures and I completely appreciate you and everyone else posting them. The problem I am having is finding the towers at all in the Warehouse District/CBD/Garden District areas (Which are near my Condo). The ones near Lee Circle are pretty easily identified but some of the others I just can't find. They don't seem to be regular towers per say, but are probably more along the lines of some of the other pictures I have seen of roof mounted etc. Because of this I have focused more on finding work trucks in the areas I know the towers to be.

I used Google Maps and the Sprint Map and was able to find almost all of the uptown towers/antennas. Only the one at Napoleon and Camp eludes me. I even made my own map so I can bring it up on my phone when I go hunting.

The ones I've found are at Touro, just riverside of Chestnut between Delachaise and Aline (on the roof); Tchoup 3 lots above Soraparu (behind a fence); Orange between Tchoup and Religious; the back of the parking lot of 1029 OC Haley (though, this website shows the tower absent after reno - http://1029ochaley.com/); 1130 St. Charles next to Circle Bar at Lee Circle has antennas mounted to the front top "crown," Warwick Hotel (next to Duncan Plaza) has two sets of antennas mounted to the roof on the SE corner (pink and white building); Astor Crowne Plaza (Bourbon and Canal) looks to have 3 trusses mounted to 3 corners of the roof.

There are 4 others in the CBD I can't find on my own (3 on or near Poydras), but I think if you donate to s4gru they'll tell you where they are.

Also, I'm not sure if the tower at Causeway and River Road is Sprint, but I think i spied my first RRU's in the wild on there last week. I only did a tower search on the Sprint site for my neighborhoods, so I hadn't investigated East Jeff yet.

• Like 1

To get off topic, has spirit updated the 4g lte icon yet, jus curious.

Im talking about on your phone, because if you are connected to lte the icon at the top only says 4g. Sprint said they will update it and I was wondering have they yet.

4G is all it needs to say. I have seen nothing that would indicate they would change it. And besides, that's up to the phone's OS, not Sprint. You can change it if you want...

Sorry. Back on topic.

We are problably going to see lte before the superbowl.

I think that's a given since LTE is already being broadcasted in NOLA. People are getting hung up on the whole superbowl thing and Sprint is trying to get LTE all over the city by the Superbowl, if that were the case. There would be ZERO sites upgraded in Baton Rouge as they would focus in New Orleans and definitely not in little ole Addis.

I think that's a given since LTE is already being broadcasted in NOLA. People are getting hung up on the whole superbowl thing and Sprint is trying to get LTE all over the city by the Superbowl, if that were the case. There would be ZERO sites upgraded in Baton Rouge as they would focus in New Orleans and definitely not in little ole Addis.

Well u hav to remember dat so many people will be here so alot of data and voice calls will be made. So with the better coverage and speed things like voice calling would be smoother.

Well it isn't any site that I can find near the Superdome, French Quarter, Lower Garden District, Central City. I just spent a few hours driving around and stopping at tower locations on the map. No LTE yet.

Well it isn't any site that I can find near the Superdome, French Quarter, Lower Garden District, Central City. I just spent a few hours driving around and stopping at tower locations on the map. No LTE yet.

What phone do you have? I assume you were toggling no matter the phone?

Watch it be on the north shore in the new Orleans market and not the city. Robert is teasing us. Ha!

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Yes I have wife, but bandwidth can be limited when four people in the house are pounding netflix.

Who's this Netflix you speak of? Lol.

I know it would be cool to just say I have lte at the house even though it wouldn't get used much. But that will never happen for me due to signal issues anyways.

What phone do you have? I assume you were toggling no matter the phone?

Watch it be on the north shore in the new Orleans market and not the city. Robert is teasing us. Ha!

I am rocking the LTEvo so I toggled and sat at every tower. I am going to try and hit the Old Six Flags site to see if that is the one tomorrow. My money says it is a tower like that in the middle of nowhere.

Is there really a live LTE tower in New Orleans or was it just a joke?

That's not the way Robert "rolls". Trust me, he knows that is one thing not to mess with people about.

Now what you do have to take as grain of salt, is it was some information he obtained from an anonymous source. Something could have very well happened between then and now and the site was temporarily shut down. Or it could just be a small site and no one wandered into it yet.

Trust me, I'm waiting with bated breath for the day I see 4G pop up and I'm sure the instant obligatory eye-roll will be seen daily from my wife.

I am rocking the LTEvo so I toggled and sat at every tower. I am going to try and hit the Old Six Flags site to see if that is the one tomorrow. My money says it is a tower like that in the middle of nowhere.

speaking of that tower, it now shows a Data Speed Upgrade on the sprint.com/network website.

The information from a trusted source. I do not have the Site ID of the live site yet. He said he would send it tonight or tomorrow. I will post it as soon as I know which one it is. I figured you guys wanted to know what I know and when I know it.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

speaking of that tower, it now shows a Data Speed Upgrade on the sprint.com/network website.

I live near that tower. Gonna check it out tomorrow. I've been sitting on 1x all day, maybe that's the reason.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD