Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Now that I know where the Tower just off Power is I realized I can see it from the Interstate as I drive to work in the AM. This morning it looked like Cables were hanging down from the side where the RRU's looked to be. I took some pictures yesterday (with no cables) but could not get close enough to see what was going on. I need binoculars and a good camera; my phone camera just isn't cutting it. Still I will post yesterdays pictures (blurry as they are).

• Like 1

IMAG0561.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

As you can see my camera is awful at a distance. I will try and borrow one with a zoom lens. Also this am when driving on the interstate it looked like cables were hanging from the very top left hand side of the right tower. I will drive by at lunch to verify. Again sorry for the low quality pictures.

Yes, you can see this tower from I10. So anyone driving through kenner can get a glimpse of it. There are 2 towers real close to each other. One looks to be att and one sprint (thanks digi).

Edited by tgrgrd00

The top rack on the tower on the right is indeed Sprint with RRU's.

If there are cables hanging down then apparently something is wrong with the equipment as it looks finished in the pictures you posted.

That is what I thought as well Digi. Makes sense that there may be a problem considering all the other info we have about that tower having accepted LTE and then tgrgrd00 witnessing a worker pacing back and forth. I am heading out of the office in a little while and will confirm if cables are hanging or attached.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. The rest of the market is counting on you guys near the two towers in the area ;)

I can't find the guys in Baton Rouge, guess they are gone for the holidays. Went to several sites in the past two days and found nothing new on the ground or in the air.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. The rest of the market is counting on you guys near the two towers in the area ;)

I can't find the guys in Baton Rouge, guess they are gone for the holidays. Went to several sites in the past two days and found nothing new on the ground or in the air.

Ok I am in idiot and blame my lack of coffee this AM, Those weren't cables hanging down. It was the ladder that from a distance and a glance looked like two cables. Ran by that tower and no Ericsson Truck or workers were there, everything looks attached, but interestingly I used OpenSignal which tells you what towers you are connected to and I could not get my phone to connect to this tower. I also went further up Veterans and found tower NL13XC118 near the RadioShack just before Transcontinental and snapped some shots. It looks to me like work has been done but my eyes are terrible and I need binoculars. Posting pictures in a second.

I passed this tower on my way to Lafayette this morning. Is or behind the office depot/baby's r us?

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Power/Veterans one is near the Walgreens behind J&Rs Sports bar very close to Office Depot and Baby's R Us so that is probably the one you saw.

NL1X3C118

2012_12_28_11_17_42.jpg

2012_12_28_11_17_50.jpg

Not sure if the top rack is Sprint or not but it appears to my eyes to be.

Yep, that's an easy one even with those dark pics. (Weather sucks today). 4 RRU's per sector. I remember someone posted a picture a few weeks ago in this thread with the same tower as you could see the car wash sign in the pic. Looks like they took down one legacy panel per sector to put these up. Google Street View link here: http://goo.gl/maps/HlsBN

And an FYI on the opensignal thing. Do not go by that app at all. The only real way to tell what tower you are connected to is by going to your ##DEBUG# screen and looking for the PN/Sector ID of the tower. It's a 1-3 digit number usually offset by 3 from each sector. For instance one tower by my house has 132, 135, 138 on it.

And FYI, please try not to post the site IDs and or data obtained from the sponsor area here. If you obtained the site ID from the fence or something that its fair game of course.

Thanks for the FYI on OpenSignal and the site ID FYI.. My bad. Should I post my findings in Sponsor forum first?

Post them here, but just keep the data the comes from that area inside of that area.

Here's the post about that 2nd tower on Veterans. I will make sure and send Robert a list of ones to put on the In Progress list. Pics are required to be put on the list. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__79444

Ok I am in idiot and blame my lack of coffee this AM, Those weren't cables hanging down. It was the ladder that from a distance and a glance looked like two cables. Ran by that tower and no Ericsson Truck or workers were there

Haha. I was driving by there earlier and I was getting close to the tower and glanced up and swore I saw the cables and thought "there are the cables mkenny mentioned". Then as I got closer and pulled around by the cage the cables were nowhere and there wasn't anybody around to have done anything with them.

Weird. My minds playin tricks on me.

But yeah the place was shuttered so I am not expecting anything until after new years now I guess. But you never know.

Thanks for the FYI on OpenSignal and the site ID FYI.. My bad. Should I post my findings in Sponsor forum first?

If you have site specific information, and want to get that added on to the maps as in progress (if you find one that's not on there) please do post about it! Just let us know in the sponsors forum. Thanks!

Here are some pictures from 5 Metairie sites that I believe are in process/complete. I went to the same 5 today looking for LTE, and nothing yet. Great to hear 510 is up though!

Two I do not know if it is Sprint for sure, as I do not see multiple RRU's per sector, or otherwise can't tell.

One is Murphy Dr. @ Transcontinental (which I posted about last week, but maybe these pictures before, during, and after can help) and the other is Live Oak @ Orpheum site.

The others (Lisa @ Vets and Haring @ Vets) are already identified as being in process/complete, but I had some pictures anyway.

Division @ W. Esplanade seems to be all wrapped up as well.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxTSAkTvC2B9VkFBVU9DWVVvaUk/edit

Check out the pics and let me know what you think about those 2 questionable ones.

Kevin

• Like 2