Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

The Aints can be swept away in a hurricane or move to San Antonio for all I care. I would like to put a bounty on the Aints head for costing me at least $150 in the last regular season week of my pool.

AJ

Oh really...... Thems fighting words!

Oh really...... Thems fighting words!

Today's game between the Panthers and the Saints was the Toilet Bowl. The only two teams that lost to the Chiefs.

AJ

• Like 1

Today's game between the Panthers and the Saints was the Toilet Bowl. The only two teams that lost to the Chiefs.

AJ

The only things that belong in a toilet are the words coming out of your mouth.... Now back to LTE Tower Hunting.

The only things that belong in a toilet are the words coming out of your mouth...

Hey, I guess some people cannot take a joke...like the Saints were this year. But Bountygate karma comes home to roost.

;)

AJ

Hey, I guess some people cannot take a joke...like the Saints were this year. But Bountygate karma comes home to roost.

;)

AJ

More like some people can't tell a joke. We don't joke about Hurricanes or the Saints down here. Sounds like the Saints put a hurting on your team at some point...

More like some people can't tell a joke. We don't joke about Hurricanes or the Saints down here. Sounds like the Saints put a hurting on your team at some point...

Nope. The lowly Chiefs, the worst team in the NFL, sent the Bountiful Saints to 0-3 this year.

Now, let us get back on track. I apologize for priming the off topic comments in the first place. But I saw a reference to the Saints, and it did not bring out the best in me, as I have no love for the Saints, not today, not this season.

So, no more football talk. Further off topic comments will be deleted

AJ

Apology accepted. I know the pain of being the worst team in the NFL very well so I understand where you are coming from :) Back on track.

Now, that is a good reply. It gets in a slight dig but in a clever way. Well played.

AJ

• Like 1

Looks like Sprint missed a few cities on their list of LTE by years end. Someone in the marketing dept got a little over zealous when they released it.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

They knew there was a risk. That's why they never actually said years end in their releases.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I believe it was stated months or something and many other sites converted it into end of year. Really meant the same thing. Not trying to be negative at all. Just hate the huge disconnect we have seen before with the PR dept and the engineering dept. Wish they would get on the same page but I know they are trying to keep up with the Jones on the press releases.

I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus so I can enjoy the 4G and 800smr and DUAL-cores and 5.0Ghz Wifi like everyone else! Can't wait for it to arrive! Hopefully Sprint will have a new more powerful Nexus by the end of this year when my contract is up!

Happy New Year NOLA!

I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus so I can enjoy the 4G and 800smr and DUAL-cores and 5.0Ghz Wifi like everyone else! Can't wait for it to arrive! Hopefully Sprint will have a new more powerful Nexus by the end of this year when my contract is up!

Happy New Year NOLA!

After reading about the radio performance and such I would not recommended that phone at all.

The Nexus S 4G isn't great already, so if nothing else, I'm getting a dual-core handset that will carry me through the end of my contract until a new Nexus is available on Sprint. I wasn't going to spend more than $200 for an intermediate step phone while in contract, and this at least resolved a few technical problems I've been having with the limited hardware I have now.

After reading about the radio performance and such I would not recommended that phone at all.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Hey hey hey bro lol. I get 4g in my basement so the poor radio performance is out the door :D. But the WiFi radio is better on the s3 and s2 but overall I like my Gnex and it can stand with today's phones no prob in everyday use.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Hey hey hey bro lol. I get 4g in my basement so the poor radio performance is out the door :D. But the WiFi radio is better on the s3 and s2 but overall I like my Gnex and it can stand with today's phones no prob in everyday use.

In my testing, LTE performance on the GNex was fine. Its just extremely lousy with 1x and EVDO. With EVDO on 1900, it's one of the worst Sprint smartphones of all time. Just horrible.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Yep, that's the same thing I've heard from many other people. The VIA Telecom CDMA chipset is just outright horrible. This phone uses it and definitely stays on track with other phones that utilize it as well. My wife was looking at this phone at one point but I stopped her. I told her to make sure and have the sales guy put the divorce papers in the box since it would be needed as I wasn't going to listen to the issues everyday with our market network setup.

Yep, that's the same thing I've heard from many other people. The VIA Telecom CDMA chipset is just outright horrible. This phone uses it and definitely stays on track with other phones that utilize it as well. My wife was looking at this phone at one point but I stopped her. I told her to make sure and have the sales guy put the divorce papers in the box since it would be needed as I wasn't going to listen to the issues everyday with our market network setup.

Wow, harsh way of stopping her from getting it.

In my testing, LTE performance on the GNex was fine. Its just extremely lousy with 1x and EVDO. With EVDO on 1900, it's one of the worst Sprint smartphones of all time. Just horrible.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I can attest to the crappy 1X/ EVDO service. I'm so glad I have WiFi to use, but even my WiFi radio in this phone is terrible, and I'm only 60 ft from the router and the signal has to cross the bathroom to get to my room, and it still drops out. My Viper held onto WiFi signal in my room better.

Here are some updated pics... "around" the site at Murphy Dr. @ Trans :) Work should be started there shortly.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxTSAkTvC2B9SGZtS3lqcTVnb28/edit

And some other looks at that site at Division @ W Esplanade... just added views of each sector.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxTSAkTvC2B9RFFrbUZwb1VvMkk/edit

I hope things start moving along!

--Kevin

• Like 4