Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Hello eveyone. Have been browsing for the last few months, finally created an account.

Based on a Sprint press release today, it looks like the New Orleans market has been dropped from the "in the coming months" list

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2482

...in favor of New Iberia, Crowley, and Abbeville.

A few weeks ago I saw some work being done on a site at Transcontinental and W. Esplanade (lines hung and all, multiple trucks), but no idea if it was actually for Sprint work.

Either way, based on the reports in this thread, it seems as though they have pulled up from this market. I really hope I am wrong in my interpretation, or that Sprint just left us off of that release, and included only new markets added to the schedule.

Kevin

Wow that is just terrible! Hope it is simply a oversight or something.

Hello eveyone. Have been browsing for the last few months, finally created an account.

Based on a Sprint press release today, it looks like the New Orleans market has been dropped from the "in the coming months" list

http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2482

...in favor of New Iberia, Crowley, and Abbeville.

A few weeks ago I saw some work being done on a site at Transcontinental and W. Esplanade (lines hung and all, multiple trucks), but no idea if it was actually for Sprint work.

Either way, based on the reports in this thread, it seems as though they have pulled up from this market. I really hope I am wrong in my interpretation, or that Sprint just left us off of that release, and included only new markets added to the schedule.

Kevin

Sprint didnt drop New Orleans from "in the coming months market list" thats list is just additional cities were work is under way, in addition to the other 100+ they announced before.
  • Like 1

That is what I had hoped (and referenced to in my last sentence).

I still would expect more activity than I have seen, if this market is truly being lit up "in the coming months."

Thanks!

Kevin

I read on Cnet "in the coming months" could be as late as march, we got time, hope we don't have to wait that long though

I agree. I really thought the Super Bowl would get us on the fast track. It still may for Downtown and the Airport, which we wouldn't necessarily see work being done on those sites (except places like Howard Ave, where the panels are on a tower).

Wow nice find on the article! Was not expecting those cities! Those cities were supposed to be late in the game, after the NOLA/BR market launched. I figured they would be even later now that Ericsson has lost a lot of ground here already. Definitely did not expect to see them soon like that. I'm guessing they have directed some of the crews for our market over to Lafayette, LA and such which is why we aren't seeing many crews here. I hope I'm wrong on the redirecting our crews part ;) Way to go if they can get those areas going as those cities were some of the very dead LAST areas in the US to receive EVDO upgrades. Which allowed a large mass exodus of customers as I knew quite a few in Lafayette and Lake Charles that had Sprint but left due to the lack of 3G when everyone else had it. Even TMobile and Cricket had 3G before Sprint did in Lake Charles. Maybe this is an attempt to regain this area. I can't see the permitting or backhaul being any different in those areas, actually see the backhaul more of an issue than you would have in BR or NOLA. (except for the inner core of Lafayette with LUS fiber)

I wouldn't get too hung up into New Orleans not making the list. Do you find Tampa on that list? That market just had a few towers fire up LTE. That group is busy mapping them out on Sensorly. I'm jealous and can't wait to get to mapping ours!

Wow nice find on the article! Was not expecting those cities! Those cities were supposed to be late in the game, after the NOLA/BR market launched. I figured they would be even later now that Ericsson has lost a lot of ground here already. Definitely did not expect to see them soon like that. I'm guessing they have directed some of the crews for our market over to Lafayette, LA and such which is why we aren't seeing many crews here. I hope I'm wrong on the redirecting our crews part ;) Way to go if they can get those areas going as those cities were some of the very dead LAST areas in the US to receive EVDO upgrades. Which allowed a large mass exodus of customers as I knew quite a few in Lafayette and Lake Charles that had Sprint but left due to the lack of 3G when everyone else had it. Even TMobile and Cricket had 3G before Sprint did in Lake Charles. Maybe this is an attempt to regain this area. I can't see the permitting or backhaul being any different in those areas, actually see the backhaul more of an issue than you would have in BR or NOLA. (except for the inner core of Lafayette with LUS fiber)

I wouldn't get too hung up into New Orleans not making the list. Do you find Tampa on that list? That market just had a few towers fire up LTE. That group is busy mapping them out on Sensorly. I'm jealous and can't wait to get to mapping ours!

And wasn't NO already mentioned in one of the first lists Sprint put out?

Robert has an article on the Wall about Sprint's latest announced list of cities, to which he has inserted the following comment (boldface emphasis in his original).

There seems to be a lot of confusion out there, especially among Facebook readers, that cities have been removed from Sprint's LTE deployment list. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! The list above are "additional" cities being added to the list. Sprint has now announced approximately 150 cities total where work is under way. No cities have been removed. In fact, Sprint will start work in every market in 2013. Sprint is deploying LTE nationwide as a part of its Network Vision upgrades.

Robert has an article on the Wall about Sprint's latest announced list of cities, to which he has inserted the following comment (boldface emphasis in his original).

That's why I mentioned I wouldn't worry about it much since Tampa is missing off the list too but they are seeing towers actively popping up new LTE coverage.

That's why I mentioned I wouldn't worry about it much since Tampa is missing off the list too but they are seeing towers actively popping up new LTE coverage.

Tampa is no missing from that list neither is New Orleans because that list is just additional cities getting NV upgrades in the coming months in addition to the other list were Tampa and New Orleans was introduced back in september http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2382

Tampa is no missing from that list neither is New Orleans because that list is just additional cities getting NV upgrades in the coming months in addition to the other list were Tampa and New Orleans was introduced back in september http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2382

You aren't getting my point. Yes it is missing off that list.

Sent from a little old Note 2

We are on the list. I think you guys are confusing information. Today's list was additional citys added. I think this wait is making you guys delirious.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Exactly my point. Go look for Tampa on that list, now open Sensorly on Sprint LTE and scroll over to Tampa. Boom.

I keep hearing that word, what is sensorly?

Its the way of proving you had 4G. Screenshots don't do it for us as people have doctored screenshots before. So when you get 4G, you fire up Sensorly and drive around with it, it uploads your signal strength of LTE, 3G, etc to their website and the location. Their server in a couple of hours renders a new layer on the map with the signal strengths in the area you mapped out.

You'll hear many times on this site, "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

If you have an iphone, you are stuck though. Due to Apple's Nazi regime ways, they don't allow Sensorly's app to do the mapping part.

• Like 1

So does anyone know who is seeing unofficial lte,besides Tampa.

Anyone can figure it out. Sprint has the official launched lte on their site in various forms and places. Go to Sensorly on your phone or pc browser. Flip over to Sprint LTE and there you go.