Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Where is the tower behind Popeye? Is it the one next to the interstate? I went by it yesterday and it looks the same and that tower really needs some upgrades 3G is useless even when standing by it.

The tower may be complete but that doesn't mean it is fired up and the legacy side is turned off.

Sent from a little old Note 2

The tower may be complete but that doesn't mean it is fired up and the legacy side is turned off.

I know But it looks the same there is no new equipement. Unless they did something today and we might be talking about different towers.

I know But it looks the same there is no new equipement. Unless they did something today and we might be talking about different towers.

If it is a typical tower type the RRUs are hard to miss.

It's behind the Popeye's on chef near old gentilly. Approximate location. 8808 Chef Menteur Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70127

http://m.google.com/u/m/APPvaE

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes we where talking about different towers, when do you think this towers are going to go live? It's been a wile since they were finished.

when do you think this towers are going to go live? It's been a wile since they were finished.

Dont hold your breath.The tower across the street from my house has "looked to be finished" for over 6 weeks and I still have seen nothing from it.

Just for a little perspective, Verizon installed LTE panels on the tower beside my house in early February 2012. And the site didn't go live until the first week of December. So Sprint installing panels 2-3 months before a site goes live doesn't sound so bad in comparison.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just for a little perspective, Verizon installed LTE panels on the tower beside my house in early February 2012. And the site didn't go live until the first week of December. So Sprint installing panels 2-3 months before a site goes live doesn't sound so bad in comparison.

We are just jealous of the other markets. Like a kid waiting for Christmas.

• Like 1

Here is a pic I snapped with my phone on the way to work of the Covington tower at highway 1085 and I 12. Its kinda dark when I leave for work in the am. I will try to make it out that way with a real camera and go during good daylight this weekend...

post-8656-0-48707700-1355501305_thumb.jpg

The one on Clearview and vets is definitely nv work. I seen a tower near airline and Williams that seems to be done but I'll take some pics next time I'm out that way.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Something is going on in the metairie/kenner area this evening. Can't even complete phone calls. Get busy signals or call failed message. This was confirmed on 4 different sprint phones. Of which not one of them can get above 50 kbps 3g data speeds. Hope they get it sorted out soon.

That looks like a hot swap. I don't see any legacy panels, just NV panels.

Not 100% sure on that. Hard to tell due to the quality of the pictures, but it looks like a grey panel near the NV panels.

I found the tower...the sign with the "AR" in the picture gave it away! ;) Look at in Street View.

http://goo.gl/maps/nvKLd

Do sprint legacy towers have the big squared box next to the panels or just the NV upgraded towers? Do AT&T and Verizon also use this too?

No legacy sites do not have RRUs. Other carriers do use them though.

Do sprint legacy towers have the big squared box next to the panels or just the NV upgraded towers? Do AT&T and Verizon also use this too?

Verizon does not use RRU's. And T-Mobile doesn't, yet, but will start using them with LTE (but they may be integrated with the panel). AT&T does use RRU's, though.

Robert