Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Has anyone stayed at the omni?  If so, were you able to get 4g lte inside your room?  If so, was it fast?

Today there are plenty of B41 around Petco park. I don't think you will have any issues on B41.  If B25, good luck because we only have a single carrier.

• Like 1

Looks like Sprint moving forward with tri-band antennas in San Diego. 

Antenna: http://www.commscope.com/catalog/wireless/product_details.aspx?id=23327

Permit:  http://www.sandiego.gov/development-services/pdf/hearingofficer/reports/2015/HO-15-092.pdf

Also, they using Booth & Suarez, same Architecture company Verizon been using for years here in San Diego.  

• Like 2

Looks like Sprint moving forward with tri-band antennas in San Diego.

Interesting. It's a 4 sector site. That's not very common is it?

And with a total of 12 panels why use tri-band antennas?

Interesting. It's a 4 sector site. That's not very common is it?

And with a total of 12 panels why use tri-band antennas?

This site already has B25.  Not sure why a tri-band antenna.  Would be easier just to throw up a 8T8R antenna for B41.  Possibly this site has legacy antenna's and instead of doing the NV 1.0 antenna + 8T8R antenna, easier to install tri-band antenna?

This site already has B25. Not sure why a tri-band antenna. Would be easier just to throw up a 8T8R antenna for B41. Possibly this site has legacy antenna's and instead of doing the NV 1.0 antenna + 8T8R antenna, easier to install tri-band antenna?

I'm wondering why three antennas per sector as well. It looks like this site is a GMO currently, if I'm reading the plans right. But not sure why the need for the triband antennas. Would make more sense to do a NV + 8T8R. And add another NV antenna if needed for a high capacity situation. Triband antennas as far as I know can only do 4T4R, and are possibly limited to 3 carriers.

Sent from my LG G4

I'm wondering why three antennas per sector as well. It looks like this site is a GMO currently, if I'm reading the plans right. But not sure why the need for the triband antennas. Would make more sense to do a NV + 8T8R. And add another NV antenna if needed for a high capacity situation. Triband antennas as far as I know can only do 4T4R, and are possibly limited to 3 carriers.

Sent from my LG G4

Entitlements possibly allows sprint to deploy up to that many antennas. Sprint doesn't actually need to deploy that many but they're allowed to.

Otherwise super high capacity site.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Can anyone find out why data throughput from sites SD34XC771 and SD85XC403 is not existent? eg. 300Kbs if your are lucky.

http://imgur.com/AAEluNF

SD85XC403 and neighboring sites are still only 3G.  Once the sites get LTE, it will load balance itself.  The sites nearby with LTE will improve significantly.  Also, we hopefully should see second carrier B25 soon which will double the capacity.  It will also help once we see B41 in that area which will quadruple the capacity.

Cardiff must be having work done at Birmingham and San Elijo. I'm on 3G right now. If I do the airplane mode toggle, I get LTE for about 10-15 seconds then it drops back to 3G.

Completely on 3G right now in Cardiff...

Also came back from my first Mexico trip yesterday, through the Otay crossing. Pretty much no signal. Even up by the Southwestern campus off the 905, where my wife teaches. Glad that I don't visit her there often.

I am stuck on 3G or 1X often in areas where I know there is LTE ever since the iphone carrier version updated to 20.1. The change was pretty obvious as soon as the update occurred.

A problem like this is occurring in OC as well for the past month or two. I don't think it is related to the iPhone update

A problem like this is occurring in OC as well for the past month or two. I don't think it is related to the iPhone update

gather more nfo regarding this issue.  can possibly get it looked at if we have concrete evidence of the network causing it.   

I agree. I drive all over metro San Diego, and I'm often stuck on eHRPD where I previously had LTE 25 or 41. It's very aggravating because I use Hangouts (voice) and Maps constantly while on the road.

I thought is was just me. It's been like that all over North County from what I've experienced in the past 2 weeks. Tons of 3G and 1x popping up all over the place that has LTE. Even at home for me, where I had kinda decent LTE signal from a GMO, that has become somewhat useless, and switches heavily between 3G and 1x.  A couple of areas in Encinitas, Oceanside, and Vista seemed to be the worst of the worst. I was at a friends house last weekend, and couldn't use data, and phone calls were shot. There are 2 towers about 2 1/2 miles apart, and his house sits in the middle of the 2. One is LTE, and the other is 3G. Here's the interesting part. I called Sprint, told them my issue, they looked into the system, and didn't see anything, but put in a ticket. I gave the rep my exact location, what's been going on, and told her there are 2 towers nearby. According to her, and Sprint's map, the nearest tower is actually 5 miles SW of the location I was at, and 1 tower only. I told her no, there are 2 nearby. She said one tower is a stealth, and that was all. I know which one she's talking about, that's located at Guajome Park in a fake tree, along with other carriers.

But anyways, I was in that area again this past Sunday. Nothing really changed. Anyone know what's going on?

• Like 1

I am experiencing the exact opposite.  I drive into Los Angeles twice a week.  I hold on LTE 98% of the entire trip. I do notice I am not on B41 as fast or often I used to be. 

I am trying to gather more data that can help pin point if there was a network wide update that we can request Sprint network exec to look at.

I am trying to gather more data that can help pin point if there was a network wide update that we can request Sprint network exec to look at.

My typical routes are 94 east & west between the 125 and the 5, 8 east & west from El Cajon to the 5, and the 805 from the 94 all the way up past the merge to Del Mar Heights Rd. That's where about 90% of my regular clients are. 805 used to be really good for solid 4G, but lately is almost always eHRPD. 94 is mostly good, and 8 is mostly eHRPD.

I thought it might be my phone (HTC One M8), so I asked my wife to monitor with her GNote4 a few times while we were driving together, and we both dropped to 3G. This has been going on for about eight weeks.

Interestingly, if I get caught in 805 traffic and have to slow way down, sometimes I'll get 4G back in about 5 minutes. But at normal speeds I'll remain stuck on eHRPD.

I'm driving that route tomorrow, so I'll try to snap some Signal Check Pro screens while I'm on eHRPD. That should give us tower info and RSSIs.

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

CA found @ Albertsons this evening in Lemon Grove.  The B41 site average 20-30 Mbps without CA.  With CA doing at least 50 Mbps and Peaks around 80 Mbps.

0aPMqf9l.png slVAA1Sl.png

• Like 5

Sprint testing 10Mhz in San Diego?  I was at relatives house and usually get 105-110 RSRP.  Noticed on SignalCheck of -96 RSRP which is pretty good and didn't really think of it.  Went into the basic data screen and noticed the 10Mhz.  Didn't get chance to do speed test or check engineering screen.  It disappear and never came back.  Glitch or Sprint testing?

6QZ325Fl.png

Sprint testing 10Mhz in San Diego? I was at relatives house and usually get 105-110 RSRP. Noticed on SignalCheck of -96 RSRP which is pretty good and didn't really think of it. Went into the basic data screen and noticed the 10Mhz. Didn't get chance to do speed test or check engineering screen. It disappear and never came back. Glitch or Sprint testing?

Nope Att.

Your device scanned the band 2/25(mfbi) ATT network.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I was at Bates Nut Farm this past Saturday, and noticed B41 being live there. About a month and half ago, it was mostly 3G, with hit or miss LTE 1900 when I was last there.

Screenshot_2015_08_08_15_17_08.jpgScreenshot_2015_08_08_15_17_33.jpgScreenshot_2015_08_08_15_18_20.jpg

• Like 1

I was at Bates Nut Farm this past Saturday, and noticed B41 being live there. About a month and half ago, it was mostly 3G, with hit or miss LTE 1900 when I was last there.

Screenshot_2015_08_08_15_17_08.jpgScreenshot_2015_08_08_15_17_33.jpgScreenshot_2015_08_08_15_18_20.jpg

That is almost in middle of no where.  Would we consider that rural?